It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA issues emergency authorization for 2 new Ebola tests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Reuters

BioFire's tests can detect Ebola in a blood or urine sample in one hour, compared with the 24 to 48 hours current tests take to deliver results, said Matt Scullion, vice president of sales and marketing for BioFire Defense.

The test can also be performed in a hospital with BioFire lab equipment, whereas current tests need to be sent to specialized labs. "We have managed to come up with a system that has automated all of the traditional steps that you'd go through to set up a test like this," Scullion said. "All the hospitals already using our systems can begin testing patients."

"Obviously, having more tests authorized for use during this outbreak is a benefit," said Sharon Yao, an FDA spokeswoman. "Hospitals can now test human specimens for Ebola in their facilities and obtain a determination in under two hours."

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Wait.... The FDA doesn't want us all dead? I think they must have had this on the table while they lined up their pertinent stock portfolios. Insider trading like crazy all over the FDA and CDC I bet. But idk

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I bet they may get a few lab sales with this info. They will probably make more money on installing labs than in selling the tests.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
2 Hour response - Awesome!!!

I'll just grab a cab to the local Gym, have a quick workout, take a bite to eat at the local Micky D's - and be back in time to check on my results. Thanks Doc.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Japan has a 30-minute test.

I believe this is the same one-hour test they've been giving out to the military already.

Then there was the two-hour one.

edit on 10/25/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I believe it's the same system Presby had for several years, but with the ebola "add-on" for lack of a better term.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: James1970

I'll just grab a cab to the local Gym, have a quick workout, take a bite to eat at the local Micky D's - and be back in time to check on my results. Thanks Doc.

What???? No bowling????

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

originally posted by: James1970

What???? No bowling????

Lol

On returning, if you see the Doc standing out front in a Hazmat Suit with a clipboard guy standing next to him - it's probably not a good sign.

On a serious note - They must have an isolation room where the person waits for 2 Hours. No if's, but's or maybe's.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

They must have an isolation room where the person waits for 2 Hours. No if's, but's or maybe's.

They already reserved lanes 1-3 for ebola patients.

top topics

join