It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 Percent Of American Workers Make Less Than 28,031 Dollars A Year

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: proob4

a reply to: proob4

There's a lot of jobs where I live, they all pay 9$ an hour though. I mean 1000's of jobs. Can't support yourself on it unless you work 60+ hours a week and still scrapping by. A lot of the. Are manufacturing jobs. The funny part is plants now have massive a,punts of temps they never hire so they don't have to pay 401ks and other benefits. They just have a massive rotation of temp people funneling through and they can do it because of the state of the economy.
Thats why I am part time homeless, the damn temp agencies got my resume all screwed up from all the short term jobs, and I am still unable to find work here in Saginaw Michigan. Man I need out of here.

I'm trying to move to but it's really hard, I don't have money saved so I have to be homeless and I can't do that I. Winter, being homeless makes it 10x harder to find a job.
I know brother it's hard. And to think about 15 years ago i was on a journeymen apprentice program. I was about half way through and got laid off. I haven't had a machinist ever since. SUCKS!

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Shhhh... Everything is fine.

I've been saying for years we need a salary cap & force profits back into the business, specifically into the wages of all employees.

People would rather suffer & worship the CEOs & their golden cow. Full scale system collapse isn't too far away.

God willing soon.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
How many actual jobs are left in the US?
Most of the manufacturing jobs have been exported.
Those same companies still ship their products back here to sell them.
What do they expect people to buy them with?

Of course, we exported all of the jobs we possibly could and now we're importing immigrant workers as fast as we can along with millions of illegals a year. More than half of all immigrants are on welfare so why are we importing them if they can't support themselves here?
That's just a logical money question.
Why?

With so many people trying to get fewer and fewer jobs, why would any business pay more?
Small businesses do because they can't afford to rotate employees constantly. They'd lose too much business.

Even at ten dollars an hour, most small businesses can't expand their workforce because the cost of insurance and benefits has skyrocketed.

Wal mart employs 22 million worldwide.
They've been limiting hours to avoid paying for insurance for part timers.
22 million people working for one family in Arkansas.

What are they worth now? A quarter trillion?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Yeah trust me every place I've temped at ive sought out a machinist position.

Every company is hiring machinist but non of the, have apprentice programs.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Hi buddy I am talking household income not personal. A household income of 100,000 a year used to equal a good life.......Not so much anymore.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

Stop promoting your war on the rich.

No but on a serious note that level of greed is bad for humanity period. At what point is enough enough? When will people see that all of the wealth is being pooled into a handful of pockets and they aren't reinvesting it back into the community they are hoarding it.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

Shhhh... Everything is fine.

I've been saying for years we need a salary cap & force profits back into the business, specifically into the wages of all employees.

People would rather suffer & worship the CEOs & their golden cow. Full scale system collapse isn't too far away.

God willing soon.

Even if you did cap salaries or apply a mega-income-tax, those people will just pay themselves in shares and stock options instead.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I bet they don't. I like i said cant even get a machine operator job anymore. it's pathetic. And I might add I am going on 50 and i bet that has a lot do do with it.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I bet they don't. I like i said cant even get a machine operator job anymore. it's pathetic. And I might add I am going on 50 and i bet that has a lot do do with it.

No it's tough period. Companies won't train anymore.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

When will people see that all of the wealth is being pooled into a handful of pockets and they aren't reinvesting it back into the community they are hoarding it.

That's pretty much the size of things.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

No it's tough period. Companies won't train anymore.
Well the last "Machine op" Job i had was simple enough, But i was let go cause i could not keep up with the production level they seemed to demand. I actually feel cause of that I was blacklisted somehow? Havent found a job since. lost my home, lots a stuff I had to leave behind. lost friends in the area i lived and ended up here in Saginaw at the Salvation Army. 78 miles from where I was living in Brighton michigan.
edit on 10/25/14 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I am also a machinist I work with 4 axis Cincinnati machines. I am lucky and the company I work for let's you run them if you can cut it. I just took the machine manual home and started reading......LOL. Kidding aside I really did take the book home and teach myself.

Also buddy just keep trying eventually something will come up. Try getting away from temp agencies and personally call the company up and tell them you are ready and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.

edit on 25-10-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Those programs cost bunches of time and money. Then after they train somebody they quit and work for somebody else. I know people that have done that exact thing.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Of course there will be loopholes, & obviously it would be much harder to put a limit on capital gains & such, but they're getting all of this anyways ON TOP of their official $22,000 per minute salaries while the 99% of people doing all the work get screwed.

There is no fixing the system so long as we (as a GLOBAL society) continue worshipping movie stars, sports stars, & CEOs for their excessive wage disparity.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Who's going to run the machines in ten years when we have an entire generation of untrained unskilled workers hitting the market?

That's about to happen.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

After ten more years of buying Chinese crap, there will not be anybody left for the next generation to work for. Free trade baby!

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

Hi buddy I am talking household income not personal. A household income of 100,000 a year used to equal a good life.......Not so much anymore.

100,000 per year not a good life? That would pay for a great house, 2 good cars and plenty of living expense. It's the credit cards and crap that people use that make that kind of income unlivable.

That's $8000 per month plus! If you struggle on that much income, you really need to learn some financial control.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

I hear you. I was an apprentice for a printing press for about a year but I had to quit because my skin was allergic to the ink. Sucked... I went to 20 dermatologist appointments before finally I got a really bad staph infection and the doc said you can't go to work tomorrow.

Before that happened though one of the press operators didn't like me so he would call me on everything. Well I took it as a personal challenge. I went home and watched videos on how to operate our press, learned about mixing the inks, and really owned it. Well after 8 months I was running my own jobs and the foreman said I was the best apprentice he'd seen in 25 years.

That's how I roll though, I used to be a sponsored professional fighter and that same attitude that made me a great fighter also Carey's onto the rest of my life.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Who's going to run the machines in ten years when we have an entire generation of untrained unskilled workers hitting the market?

That's about to happen.
I thought that many years ago when machining went from NC (taped programs) to CNC. They found workers. Btw I never got to learn anything about CNC in my apprentice program. Did not get that far.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinker9917

originally posted by: SubTruth

100,000 per year not a good life? That would pay for a great house, 2 good cars and plenty of living expense. It's the credit cards and crap that people use that make that kind of income unlivable.

That's $8000 per month plus! If you struggle on that much income, you really need to learn some financial control.

I want to make 50, 100 sounds great. I just need a house with a yard big enough to start an aquaponics garden

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join