It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lap Tops Cause Male Infertility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Yet ANOTHER thing causing infertility. This one in men.
Our advanced technologies can help cure ... but they
can also do some damage.

www.guardian.co.uk...

James Meikle, health correspondent
Thursday December 9, 2004
The Guardian

Thousands of men across the country will be crossing their legs and groaning in despair today when they learn that their trusted friend, the laptop computer, has become the latest threat to their manhood.

Just months after they were warned that carrying mobile phones in their pockets might damage their sperm count, men now have to absorb the news that laptops can similarly threaten their fertility.

Under the title "Increase in scrotal temperature in laptop computer users", researchers today reveal in the journal Human Reproduction that a combination of the heat generated by the computers and the position of the thighs needed to balance the machines leads to higher temperatures around men's genitals.

Yefim Sheynkin, who led the research team from the State University of New York at Stonybrook, said it was possible that years of heavy laptop use "may cause irreversible or partially reversible changes in male reproductive function".

Until there was further research, teenage boys and young men might want to limit the use of computers on their laps, he said.

Full Story

[edit on 12/9/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I heard about this while listening to the Bob and Tom show this morning...

They made a rather funny comment: "It looks like the world's computer nerd population may take a dip"

Eh...It was funny at 8:30 - lol

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
hmmm, this might be a good thing for me...

At this point, I just may not want any more children, so this saves me the agony of going through the "clip clip" down there in fun land ....

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
No Offence to those of you that believe this, but it should be pointed out they just think it might no where does it state does cause infertility.

As usual they also have the normal disclaimer further testing is required.

I love those that love to jump up trying to get their minute of fame and say look here I have evidence this may do this or may do that, when in the long run it is nothing more then disinformation in many cases.

A real good example would be cell phones, you know those are the things that only a few people carried a decade ago. Remember all the claims about they cause brain cancer? I sure do.

Now almost everyone carries one cellphone and some people carry more then one and we have no rise in brain cancer do we?

I think that makes my case very well.

[edit on 12/9/2004 by shots]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Crap im using a labtop. Im only 16 I dont want to be infertal

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
As usual they also have the normal disclaimer further testing is required.

Now almost everyone carries one cellphone and some people carry more then one and we have no rise in brain cancer do we?

I wonder just who would volunteer for testing in this area?
Perk - free lap top. Negatives - possible infertility or cancer 'there'.

Oh .. the cell phone thing. (I don't have a cell phone yet). There
may be no rise in brain cancer, but I certainly do see a conection
between cell phones and the users suddenly being bad drivers
(when cell phones are used in conjunction with cars). DEFINATELY.

Hang up and drive people! Geeeze!

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I have never used a laptop and don't know how much heat they give off!

I'm confused!?! If heat is the major culprit, how come folks living in tropical areas aren't sterile/low sperm count too? How about men who work hard for a living and get all hot and sweaty in that "area"?
Just asking

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I'm trying to be serious here (allthough I'm slightly giggling right now)

The temperature in the testicular area has to be around 35 degrees Celcius for optimum sperm cell production. It doesn't usually get that hot in a man's pants. Even in tropical climates.

That's the reason why the testicles are hanging down and are not inside the man's body.

Please.... no laughing...

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
What they're talking about here is that the heat coming out of a laptop might cause the temperature in the testicular area to rise to above 37-39 degrees celcius. Sperm production is not possible or at a minimum at those temperature. The heat also lingers underneath the laptop because there's not much place for it to escape.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Ok, let me put on my thinking cap and get to work. Where could it be...ah next to the tinfoil hat.

We are being controlled by robots from the future
-----

Maybe not from the future, but defintely robots. Robots roaming the world as synthetic humans. Imitations. Like crab meat in salad.

The age of technology is just a front. A scam to eliminate the human race. Men prance around the world with their overly pricey cell phones and paper thin laptops.

We are obsessed with gadgets. Now we are finding out that these gadgets are causing infertility.

Put the pieces of the puzzle together. Technology is making men infertile in order to clear the earth for a race of robotic entities.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
already

Originally posted by Simulacra
Put the pieces of the puzzle together. Technology is making men infertile in order to clear the earth for a race of robotic entities.

Or,....paving the way for an amazonian culture that will not need the menfolk for procreation.
Men will be toys for the enjoyment....never mind.
Ya never know what the future holds, BWA HA HA HA HA

(I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me. I read Simulacra's post, and the thought just entered my brain...
could it be mind control

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Cell phones don't cause braincancer?

Well, they do something to the brain. Cuz aout the only people I ever see talking on the cellphone are shallow, self absorped idiots who cannot drive or find the space needle when they are standing 100 yards from it.

new topics

top topics

join