It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's With the "Poll" on Log-In?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
...Or more specifically, the gifts promised if you answer the questionnaire? You know, the ones where you'd have to provide personal info like your name and address to receive?

Was this "poll" designed by ATS or is it an ad thing?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

99.999% sure it's an ad and not ATS based.

The last thing the owners want is personal information. They make every effort NOT to have that sort of information as it protects the members and ATS as well.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Thought so. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It certainly was not designed by ATS. ATS also did not ever read it nor approve it. And finally ATS will never be informed of any "results" they calculate (Which I highly doubt they're even doing, as there would be no point). I know all this because I did some super sleuthing, and performed a CIA level infiltration of their company and worked my way to the top. It took 6 solid years of non-stop work to crack this conundrum wrapped in an enigma.... Oh wait, sorry I was thinking of something else. I read the fine print at the bottom of the page which tells you everything I just said. a reply to: soficrow

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DMan1001

Thanks for the bump. Many new members might not realize ATS does not operate this way. I expect the ad to be cancelled if it isn't already.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow
a reply to: DMan1001

Thanks for the bump. Many new members might not realize ATS does not operate this way. I expect the ad to be cancelled if it isn't already.

Agreed, this is very weird, in all my time spent here on ATS I have never seen anything like it.
I wonder how they accomplished this?

In the mean time until the ad is gone there should be a warning posted on the home page top and center.
I don't think that is out of line in this case.

Thanks for posting your concerns Crow.

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 26-10-2014 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

Dunno. Still there. Weird.

Abovetopsecret Consumer Report Survey

edit on 27/10/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
More CIA crap, the gift is a free trip to any fema camp

edit on 27-10-2014 by jinni73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It is a bit odd. I don't remember seeing this when I logged in.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Disclaimer says it all.

Still, deceptive advertising. What's the gift?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

No idea. Didn't go that far.

Still there btw.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
excellent pic for your Avatar... a Bull rump hole & ball sack to ATS for this AH/BS friggin POLL with overlays that stymie entry to the members

Youse guys at ATS have outdone yourselves in STUPIDITY and 'ease in communication' with the MF=BS=AH=CL=IDIOCY masked as a POLL.... I say a big FU

the over lapping layers of pop-ups condemn the entry poster to a lost 20 minutes of outrageous insensitivity and coarse treatment==========================================================

I finally tried to re-log-in to try to shed your AD=POLL CRAP... I guess that was successful

I am small potatoes here.................................... but I am 1/16th of an inch short of calling-it-quits on my temper fuse.............................................................. with this ATS CRAP...... which continually increases instead of being eliminated/ or not occurring, in-the-first-place

I am pissed and fed up..... dump me if you want
I will not ask others to cease their participation as a signal of support or a form of protest either

slumber peacefully in your inadequacy...

IT WILL BE UP TO YOU TO DETERMINE JUST HOW MANY TIMES I CLICKED THE NO OPINION (last option) line on that BS poll

I sincerely hope I skewed the poll results
was it 10X, 20X even 50X of loading-that=poll with repetitious replies....from a 'poll' that hijacked my time and assaulted my senses...

btw: GW is a long recurring cyclical process and ain't tied to human technology/cars/busses/greenhouse gasses
edit on th31141454321628402014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on th31141454387228512014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I get such a big welcome here at ATS, I can't even login until I've cleared the decks. I get that annoying pop-up poll on global warming that I usually ignore but out of sheer irritation have completed twice, yet it still comes up along with advertising that blocks most of what I can see of ATS.

As ATS has not done anything about the problem, I can only presume they are the problem and are trying to drive certain ATS users away from this site...

I can't even upload a screen dump to show you visually what I'm talking about. *growl*

join