It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin speech at Valdai, The World Order: New Rules or No Rules?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Putin's key Valdai quotes

Vladimir Putin criticized the West for "sawing at branches" with sanctions against Russia and releasing a "genie in a bottle" with color revolutions.

Vladimir Putin also lashed out at the United States for destabilizing the world order of checks and balances for its own gains. The Russian President understands that there is a need to change the systems in place within international relations, but according to him:

"The US has been destabilizing the world order of checks and balances for its own gains."

He added that the US, as perceived winners of the Cold War, is trying to create the world “for their own gains," which has weakened global and regional security. Any country that does not agree with Washington’s view of affairs is all but blacklisted.

There are many interesting quotes, the whole speech is interesting. Video is pretty long, almost 3 hours, but it is worth watching.

Today, many types of high-precision weaponry are already close to mass-destruction weapons in terms of their capabilities, and in the event of full renunciation of nuclear weapons or radical reduction of nuclear potential, nations that are leaders in creating and producing high-precision systems will have a clear military advantage. Strategic parity will be disrupted, and this is likely to bring destabilization. The use of a so-called first global pre-emptive strike may become tempting. In short, the risks do not decrease, but intensify.

What do you think about this quote and his speech in general?

There is no conspiracy, but I think it is a really interesting topic to discuss here.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Full transcript is available here - transcript

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The more I hear from Putin, the more I realize that Barack Obama has absolutely no business being considered his superior, or even his equal, when it comes to political matters, or apparent forthrightness.

As an American citizen, it pains me to see what a weak man we've put in control of our country.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos

As an American citizen, it pains me to see what a weak man we've put in control of our country.

"We've put in control of our country"

Not all of us voted for the man.

Also, isn't the Presidency supposedly a position where the person has been chosen for us anyways regardless of how one voted?

The whole NWO and all that.
edit on 25-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos

'We've put in office'

Not all of us voted for the man.

Also, isn't the Presidency supposedly a position where the person has been chosen for us anyways regardless of how one voted?

The NWO and all that.

I didn't vote for him either time. In fact, during both elections, I was one of those that were warning others against voting for Obama. As evidenced by the electoral outcomes, not many listened.

That being said, having voted for him, or not, We have allowed him to remain.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
There is already an 8 page thread about this speech, but that thread starts out from a slightly different angle focusing on his (putins) condemnation of the United States, instead of the much broader scope of Putins speech which i beleive was an interactove Q&A with an audience, not something you see very often from world leaders. I respect him for being so candid as a world leader. Even if you dont beleive a word of it, youve got to give him credit for going against the grain of modern diplomacy.

ETA: Putin says it much better himself in the opening lines of the speech:

Some of what I say might seem a bit too harsh, but if we do not speak directly and honestly about what we really think, then there is little point in even meeting in this way. It would be better in that case just to keep to diplomatic get-togethers, where no one says anything of real sense and, recalling the words of one famous diplomat, you realise that diplomats have tongues so as not to speak the truth.

I think Putin putting his views accross in this way is something more leaders should consider doing. If there one thing the war machine hates its open dialogue, so we will see how this carries (probably not very far into the western mainstream media, which is itself a clue as to how corruptted and controlled our multimedia society has now become.)

s&f, thanks for a better thread. Lets hope this thread doesnt turn into another endless back and forth and focuses more on subatance. a reply to: flowofmysoul

edit on 25-10-2014 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

You really believe a Q&A he has with an audience isn't 100% scripted as to which questions are going to be asked? It is no different than the president giving a press conference only those are less scripted because you have both party controlled media outlets able to ask questions.

So sad how easily manipulated the ATS community is when it comes to Russia and Putin.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: flowofmysoul

He's right you know.

Washington/The Military doesn't want to participate in world affairs. They want to control them. Russia may have it's faults, but has Russia ever, in its existence as a country, been as involved in other countries' affairs to the extent that the U.S. has been? No.

I still say that Snowden is the reason Putin has recently got his balls on and has been calling out the U.S. leadership on various fronts. He has inside information via Snowden, and they know that.

As for that last quote, this is why China has spies and hackers. The best in the business. To make sure the U.S. military doesn't get to the point where no one can match them blow for blow. I don't think we'll ever see the day when one country has complete military dominance over the rest of the world. Putin knows this too, so I don't really know why he said that. Maybe that was just his way of telling China to get busy and get more information.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: transola
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

You really believe a Q&A he has with an audience isn't 100% scripted as to which questions are going to be asked? It is no different than the president giving a press conference only those are less scripted because you have both party controlled media outlets able to ask questions.

So sad how easily manipulated the ATS community is when it comes to Russia and Putin.

At least Putin's actions have matched his words, unlike our so-called 'leader'. That's my point of view, at least.

As a rule, I don't trust any politicians. However, Putin seems to say what he means, and mean what he says, on most issues (I do recognize that I view him from an outsider's perspective). Obama, on the other hand, sprinkles fairy dust up everyone's skirts when he speaks, and delivers on none of his promises, ever. It's no wonder that the world community views him as a joke, and a threat to their sovereignty, at the same time.

Barack Obama is an empty suit, and Joe Biden is the stuffed shirt that goes with it.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Actually he was making a valid point about the advancement of weaponry, and how unequal the battle field has become putting less well off countries in a more vulnerable position now their enemies cam potentially buy this much more advanced advanced tech. a reply to: DeepImpactX

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

You really believe a Q&A he has with an audience isn't 100% scripted

This exact what i wish you wouldn't ask, because i dont care if it was scripted or think it even matters. Find something in the text worth debating rather than derailng the thread by attacking the person making those statements and how they are delivered. As a matter of fact i do believe it is humanly possible for a world leader to spend 3 hours in front of a random audience of citizens giving their views on world affairs. Whether he prepared notes on potential issues is ludicrous to care thinking about when he spoke for three hours straight.
a reply to: transola

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Discussion of this speech was posted earlier
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

join