It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Hobbyists Build A Working Transformer Robot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
You heard right, ATS. Some Japanese hobbyists have built a real life Transformer. This version which is a working prototype stands only 4ft tall but the full sized Transformer will be 8ft tall. Isn't this cool? Check out the link which has a video and more information.

Eee-urrk-urrk-urrk-urk! A pair of Japanese hobbyists have built a transforming robot that can walk or, when in sports car form, drive around autonomously. It’s called the J-deite Quarter and is four feet tall. The goal, apparently, is to make a full-sized transformer… just because they can.

The team consists of Kenji Ishida and Wataru Yoshizaki of Brave Robotics and Asratec. The team has been working on transformers since 2012 when they released a table-top model. They hope to make a full, eight-foot model in the next year.

What says ATS?

techcrunch.com...
edit on 25-10-2014 by lostbook because: word add

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
That's really impressive. I saw an earlier video where they made small 3D-printed plastic models. This is really progress if they have gone to half-size.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
that is cool

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
That's really impressive. I saw an earlier video where they made small 3D-printed plastic models. This is really progress if they have gone to half-size.

Yeah, isn't it something? My guess is these will be toys before anything else and I'm definitely getting one.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Oh no! This jam is going to make me late for work! Wait a minute, I'll switch to robot mode and run over the cars!
TRAFFICLORD, TRANSFORM!

*crushes driver*

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Awe...

I was hoping they'd made the Camaro bot type changing thingy

Still cool, can't wait until they build a full sized one for the general public.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It looks more like a GoBot to me... lol

Cool nonetheless.

~Namaste

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfTheLawOfOne
It looks more like a GoBot to me... lol

Cool nonetheless.

~Namaste

GoBots.....I remember those. To think that the Japanese built this Transformer as a hobby...I suppose in their spare time.

"Gee, I'm bored...Let's build a real life Transformer....Nothing else to do.."

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

What else is there to do when you've already built a Gundam?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

That is just fantastic. Is it too early too place an order for a starscream?

top topics

join