It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apostle Paul's thorn, an alien implant?? Christianity and other religions slave to a malevolent al

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
First, Paul may have a close encounter with aliens (of undetermined origin - could be any alien impersonating Jesus):

Acts 26:13-15
About noon, King Agrippa, as I was on the road, I saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, blazing around me and my companions. 14 We all fell to the ground, and I heard a voice saying to me in Aramaic,[a] ‘Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.’15 “Then I asked, ‘Who are you, Lord?’

And then Paul received a thorn in the flesh apparently, from the same entity he called "Lord":

2 Corinthians 12:7-8
or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.

A thorn in the flesh can be a literal thorn in the flesh - those pointy objects like small pieces of broken wood particles, plant thorns, etc that gets lodged in the skin, usually by accident. But an alien implant could produce the same effect of general irritation, pain, discomfort, and worse, more difficult to remove and can potentially control your mind.

ALIEN IMPLANTS

Alien implants is a term used in Ufology to describe a physical object placed in someone's body after they have been abducted by aliens. Claimed capabilities of the implants range from telepresence to mind control to biotelemetry

What Paul called his thorn? A messenger of Satan

Why messenger?? Did the "thorn" or the alien device conveyed messages to him as well?? A sign of technology given a primitive description by a primitive (scientifically ignorant) individual such as Paul?

Could explain why Paul's teachings greatly differed from the original teachings of Jesus in the Gospel of John (the most homogeneous scripture in the Gospels according to scholars as opposed to a collection of teachings from different people/sects as the other Gospels did which also has strong Pauline influence)

Facts be facts, the majority of Christianity follow more of the Pauline doctrine than the distinct and different teachings of Jesus. Pauline doctrine seems to revolve around symbols like the cross, the blood, the name. More like the Occult while Jesus focused on works and justice for the benefit of the poor.

The worst teaching of Paul is for us to subject ourselves to worldly authorities - our presidents, senators, army commanders, etc and not resist them. This is under the false assumption that they will always uphold justice. Do they??

What if Paul was compromised by a malevolent alien/spirit entity giving him an implant that controlled him or fed him revelations for an evil agenda.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.

Don't know how we jump to Aleeens and implants. More like something to keep him humble. A character defect or weakness of the flesh… like an addiction to something, a baaad habit.

That stuff keeps us humble so we don't otherwise swell up with pride at out "perfection".

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
He stared at the sun for too long

And upon walking away with a blinded gaze, he stepped on some thorns, ouch! Why Lord, why! Why did I not get those Ray-Ban sunglasses when they were on sale!

In all seriousness, interesting that Paul would advise us to blindly accept our leaders. That IS kinda fishy. Where does he say this? (Honest question, I had no idea)

Then again, its ancient texts that shouldnt be interpreted in a modern context imo. If resistance to authorities would result in torture, stoning, crucifixion, whatever, it might not be all the strange to tell your followers that it might be safer to just play along...

edit on 25-10-2014 by NoNameNeeded because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoNameNeeded

And upon walking away with a blinded gaze, he stepped on some thorns, ouch!

Hardly memorable enough to take the effort to record. You were joking?

Or… for you the spirit realm is bogus.

But… how do you know? You've died and returned to tell us this?

ETA: I see you edited your reply to me to just a reply in general.
edit on 25-10-2014 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

And upon walking away with a blinded gaze, he stepped on some thorns, ouch!

Hardly memorable enough to take the effort to record. You were joking?

Or… for you the spirit realm is bogus.

But… how do you know? You've died and returned to tell us this?

Of course I was joking, wasnt that obvious?

Nahh I'm not narrow minded enough to exclude the unseen from my view of reality. Though I have no idea how that light hearted post made you think that way? I never claimed to know anything
I just find it hard, like you I assume (?) to interpret a bunch of words in such a way that they are now evidence for aliens, when to me, seeing one in real life would still make me sceptical as to the nature of what I witnessed.

Hence my reply
brighter than the sun? Have you ever stared at the sun? :p maybe it was some form of psychological influence for all we know

I have been psychotic and I remember very clearly that upon looking at the sky, the clouds were glistening like diamonds and the air was so bright I spontaneously started crying.

Not once did I believe I was seeing aliens though, and I dont think the author did either, to be honest.

My psychotic break made me a deeply spiritual being, I went from ATHEIST, the obnoxious kind, to a buddhist incarnate that was reactivated upon psychosis, or so I experienced it. I never studied buddhism before or any religion for that matter, yet what came to me where messages of "one with everything" etc that still have a profound impact on me. Science can explain a lot, but how universal "knowledge" came to me in a way that it has previously come to others, still is a mystery to me. But not a sign of God, I'm afraid.

Therefore, in my opinion, many of these revelations etc from the past, are MUCH more likely to be explained, at least for me, in such a manner, rather than drawing absurdly long stretched conclusions, such as aliens (no offence at all, I've been there too and many of us have been, but at a certain point, the logic of it all starts to fade, if you expose yourself long enough to actual KNOWLEDGE rather than speculation (which most of the alien conspiracy world is...))

Edit: I'm agnostic now, so I dont debunk all spiritual experiences as psychological illness, instead, I see a profound connection between the two. To put it simply, somehow to me there appears to be some form of communication that is picked up by "mental cases", as to the nature of our existence. What's communicating this with us or in what manner, I have no idea. I'm sure people have gotten in range of the truth, but I think in reality it's too complex for our feeble minds to ever fully comprehend. You know when you're on shrooms you're (almost) literally being communicated to by nature? Pretty funky if you ask me.

Maybe I've built in this kind of reasoning as a self defence mechanism, as my experience would easily be labeled as those of a crazy person, yet I know myself enough, through endless hours of therapy and psychiatric evaluation (and of course meditation and other techniques), to know that I'm far from insane and have the intellectual capacities to communicate my experience in a way as to make it obvious I am not insane, even though I'm not knowledgeable enough either to give a full explanation

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: NoNameNeeded

Not once did I believe I was seeing aliens though, and I don't think the author did either, to be honest.

Thats subjective.

Aliens? I've never seen one either. I have seen what I call 'spirits', though. For me its not a matter of "believing".

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Not once did I believe I was seeing aliens though, and I don't think the author did either, to be honest.

Thats subjective.

Aliens? I've never seen one either. I have seen what I call 'spirits', though. For me its not a matter of "believing".

Of course thats subjective?...

I feel like you're picking my post apart for things to react to since I also feel we pretty much agree, except on the choice of words. I'm not an English speaker so excuse me if "to believe" is applied wrong in this instance. It's not a matter of believing to me either..

What is your point?

Please see the edit above if you think Im atheistic or in general sceptical of spirits or whatever you want to call them. I'm agnostic at worst

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Please see the edit above if you think Im atheistic or in general sceptical of spirits or whatever you want to call them. I'm agnostic at worst

Thats part of the problem. You keep editing. I can't keep going back to your refrained mind.

Bouncing around is okay I guess, just makes it hard to converse.

So… you don't believe in spirits or do, because you have or haven't seen one?

Its all good…

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Thats subjective.

I've always said that one person's god is another's alien.

The argument people have about "ancient aliens" being mistaken for gods or that the Christian god is an alien just always seemed pointless to me. I think they could easily be interchangeable terms.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

I think they could easily be interchangeable terms.

Too what extent though? I saw a "craft" for lack of a better term. It wasn't earth technology, yet it was technology.

Thats different from the spirits I've encountered (or encountered me).

Then I do agree somewhat. Its hard for me to think of an angel as anything but an ancient life form from somewhere else.

So yah, connecting the dots somehow.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Umm. The thorn in your flesh is allegorical. It is a state of suffering, struggling against your ego and anxiety, and fear of death until you learn to just let go and embrace the light as a source of strength and certainty.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

In all seriousness, interesting that Paul would advise us to blindly accept our leaders. That IS kinda fishy. Where does he say this? (Honest question, I had no idea)

Romans 13:1
Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

The big bummer:

Romans 13:3
For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same;…

Tell that to those under despotic regimes!

Romans 13:3 is clearly a false teaching. For even innocent people have been tortured by their own authorities!

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

a reply to: Cuervo

I think they could easily be interchangeable terms.

Too what extent though? I saw a "craft" for lack of a better term. It wasn't earth technology, yet it was technology.

Thats different from the spirits I've encountered (or encountered me).

Then I do agree somewhat. Its hard for me to think of an angel as anything but an ancient life form from somewhere else.

So yah, connecting the dots somehow.

I guess there's a distinction to be made when we are talking about flesh and blood folks out there on other planets. Those aren't really who I'm talking about.

I'm talking about the sorts of "aliens" we theorize about that are extra-dimensional or otherwise incorporeal. There are descriptions of aliens that, for all intents and purposes, mirror the most fundamental definitions of gods and other divine beings. Those are the sort that may have inspired the religions of early cultures. That's what I mean by interchangeable.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

Umm. The thorn in your flesh is allegorical. It is a state of suffering, struggling against your ego and anxiety, and fear of death until you learn to just let go and embrace the light as a source of strength and certainty.

Exactly. However, there is a belief among some scholars and laymen that Paul may have had eyesight problems, and prayed to god 3 times about it. There are hints in his epistles that could be construed as such, but I'm sure we'll never know for certain. True or not. The allegory stands.

edit on 10/25/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo
I guess there's a distinction to be made when we are talking about flesh and blood folks out there on other planets. Those aren't really who I'm talking about.

I'm talking about the sorts of "aliens" we theorize about that are extra-dimensional or otherwise incorporeal.

I agree with you here but remember these same entities could also manipulate/possess flesh and blood aliens. The grays may have been created for such purpose.

If you're also familiar with astral projection, you might be able to project yourself as a gray alien. I think you can choose what you look in the astral body.

So either ways, documented UFO/alien encounters could either be spiritual hauntings or actual flesh and blood aliens.

It's possible Paul got in touch with flesh and blood aliens who are under the influence of an evil spirit.

Personally, I don't think real angels or the higher ranks of evil spirits are actually humanoids but something far far bigger. Their humanoid forms are just their "avatars"

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I like it. You've answered some questions for me here.
Deep questions I have waited on the answers for
a long time. No reason to go into those questions
because it isn't my wish to offend anyone. But bravo
and SnF. I really see where you have something here.
Are you in any way Christian John? You seem fairly
astute.
edit on Rpm102514v10201400000010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I think he did. One of his letters he wrote with his own hands and he goes on about how big his lettering is. It could be purely for emphasis, but it might also be because he couldn't see well enough to write small letters?

The problem Christians seem to have on the issue is that if God really did heal him, then they believe that he should have been completely healed...
edit on 10 25 2014 by Nechash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

I like it. You've answered some questions for me here.
Deep questions I have waited on the answers for
a long time. No reason to go into those questions
because it isn't my wish to offend anyone. But bravo
and SnF. I really see where you have something here.
Are you in any way Christian John? You seem fairly
astute.

No Problem.

Yes, I'm a Christian for over 20 years now. But I didn't go deep into studying the Bible until last 2012. I sometimes checked the Greek translations from online sources if certain things aren't clear. I don't understand Greek but I cross check from academic sources.

Before 2012, I was simply a Sunday churchgoer who trusted his preacher knew what he's doing. But now I think there are quite many things Christianity got wrong because of the fear religion instills (fear of losing one's salvation). It's difficult to be rational when you're afraid.

Because of this fear, those who were trapped by religion failed to see its fatal flaws - teachings that are completely worthless, counterproductive, and even contribute to evil in this world.

I still believe in Christ but only the Christ in the Gospel of John - the book in the Bible I trusted most because of very little logical errors and most of what it teaches does work in real life.

In the Gospel of John, it's about those who do what is right, not only those who believe in His name or a mental belief that a god exists. This means even Atheists can be saved without conversion if they do not do evil.

The popular belief in Christianity is this - you can be the most evil man born but if you accept Jesus, you go to heaven. But even if you are the most benevolent person but you were born in the middle of the forest, never knew about Jesus, you go to hell - as explained in Romans chapter 10, a blatant contradiction of the teachings in the Gospel of John and Matthew 7:22-23.

How unfair is that? God is the embodiment of Justice, not the stuff of twisted fairy tales where evil men rule. Christ promised the Spirit not the Bible (John 16:13). The Bible is full of errors, that is impossible to see if you are gripped with fear of hell.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

In the Gospel of John, it's about those who do what is right, not only those who believe in His name or a mental belief that a god exists. This means even Atheists can be saved without conversion if they do not do evil.

We have only taken different avenues to the same freeway as I see it.
I trust no church nor other man to tell me the personal message I'm
meant to get from reading Gods word. Thus "The Living Bible".
The truth lives for ever. And this is how I see it. I open the Bible
to the words of Christ. I read and I'm in church everyday. See you
on the otherside mon.

I think I totally get your avatar as well.

edit on Rpm102514v592014u31 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Paul absolutely was not implanted with and alien probe.He was outlining what happened to him but couldn’t put it into words because he couldn’t “perceive” all of his experience.Paul was the self confessed “chief” sinner.He also said he was ”blameless" before the Law given to Moses.Those seem to be contradictory statements however they aren’t.Sin in Heberw and Greek means missing the mark (of maturity).

Mankinds inherent nature is “religious”.That means they do not “know” the reality of Truth they can only “believe” their life through their imperception of faith of their Belief System(BS) religion…their nature has missed the mark of maturity (they can NOT perceive true reality).Some peoples BS religion foundation is “herd” religion. Pauls(Sauls) was Judaism and he “excelled” more than all in his religion.

Prior to the “thorn in the flesh” statement Paul said there was a man(himself ,but not himself..dooooh!) who was "caught up” into the paradise and heard things that could not be repeated(meaning he did not perceive them in full NOT that they were too “sacred to be told).The being “caught up" was his experience of “being" (not completed) loosed from the bondage of his religion(which Judaism was the core foundation).

When he said he had a “vision” of revelation in “paradise” he didn’t mean he “went” to a place called heaven(there is no such place).Ouranos (translated heaven)is a metaphor for a persons “carnal mind”.It is their “high place” where they perceive their life through…it is “their” personal Belief System religion.He called it this paradise his 3rd ouranos which is essentially "beyond"(meta) his mind.(many doctrines of men were formed from that one statement alone!)

He went on to explain …so he wouldn’t be exalted (the Greek word hyperairō which means haughty) he was given a “thorn” in his flesh(carnal mind) which is a metaphor for his Belief System religion.In other words...Paul was still subjected to his BS while “knowing” it is not THE Truth.It is why Paul is always talking about “his” faith whereas Yahoshua never did.Yahoshua never said he “believed” in anything.He only “knew” by “revelation” from the Father and did.

Paul only tasted(the earnest of the spirit) that “revelation” .Paul only “believed” in his salvation he did not “know”it in full.He only knew in part as he states in 1 Corinthians 13 he saw(perceived) in a dark mirror however he did not see clearly face to face with the creator God.That was Pauls “experience” he was being accounted for all he had done and these were one of the consequences of his experiences(being a religious nutcase)….to “know” but can only believe.

The dilemma of all religion is to “believe” another persons “religion” then try to follow it like a method.Paul was just writing letters.He in no way thought he was writing doctrinal “scripture” as many believe he did and try to follow it and very unsuccessfully at that (and many fail to follow Yahoshua even more so).

Now many are seeing the folly in following Paul(which he wrote of the foolishness of following him yet few listened) and count Paul as the fool when it is THEY that were and still are by blaming Paul for what THEY did and believed!...Paul was not exalting himself… others did.Paul wrote letters that Christianity twisted into religious doctrines 10 ways of Sunday.

The bottom line is Pauls “thorn” was his BS religion was still with him even though he experienced the revelation of being freed from it…fortunately no gray alien butt probes were involved.

edit on 25-10-2014 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join