It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredibly bizarre sleep paralysis occurrence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Having had terrifying sleep paralysis episodes in years past, I could really relate to this.
Michael Hughes is an author and researcher. He's explored deeply into ufology, shamanism, and pretty much all things paranormal.
On a Coast-To-Coast show, he explained how he was experimenting with the hormone\nutritional supplement melatonin to induce vivid dreams.
(I've listened to other discussions with Hughes, and I find him believable. I don't think he's exaggerating, but make your own decision.)

He claimed that he had an episode of sleep paralysis while he had done a fairly large dose of melatonin. He was convinced that there was
someone or something in the room with him. It was evil. He said that he felt it was going to kill him.

The sleep paralysis ended, and he fell asleep. The next morning, his girlfriend asked him "What's that on you chest?"
He had a bright red, six-fingered hand print on his chest.

Hughes speculates that sleep paralysis may be more than just our brains creating the weirdness. Maybe in these states of altered or semi-consciousness we truly experience other realms. We pass through portals into other planes that are very real.

The entire show is on youtube.
I can't paste youtube vids with the computer I'm on, so here's a link.
If you want to hear Hughes describe the event in detail, fast-forward to the 27:00 mark.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

The sleep paralysis ended, and he fell asleep. The next morning, his girlfriend asked him "What's that on you chest?"
He had a bright red, six-fingered hand print on his chest.

Of course, modern medicine explains away all the spirit realm. Everything reduced to a "science" of glands, aberration and psychosis. You just need medication. Here take a pill, stop being paranoid. Go back to sleeeep…

I'm sure glad we have doctors to explain the unseen for us. The spirits have them right where they want us.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger, from your OP "He had a bright red, six-fingered hand print on his chest."

This guy:

edit on 25-10-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

A handprint on my chest would definitely freak me out. As a woman it's sometimes bad enough when we have to fend off unwanted hands in various settings, but to have to do so at night, oh man, that would be too much. I hope people who go through this really try to document it a whole lot better, otherwise it's bound to remain in the woo-woo realm.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Sleep paralysis can be terrifying. I once came awake and could not move. I saw a humanoid creature, that looked like a small tar-black dwarf, sitting on my girlfriend who was sleeping beside me.
I tried as hard as I could to throw a punch at the thing but my arm felt like it weighed a ton.
It only lasted a few seconds. When I regained my ability to move it jumped off her and disappeared. My heart was pounding in fear.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Everyone has sleep paralysis every night. Some of us just wake up while our body is still paralyzed. If you didn't have sleep paralysis, you would jump up and run away during a nightmare. It would be incredibly dangerous.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Interestingly enough, melatonin, a methoxytryptamine, is structurally related to dimethyltryptamine.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psykotik
Interestingly enough, melatonin, a methoxytryptamine, is structurally related to dimethyltryptamine.

It's interesting how they both have amazingly simple molecular structures.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Under hypnosis,a person can be given the suggestion to develop hives, and they appear; suggest they disappear, and they do.

Our brain can produce the equivalent of a host of hallucinogenics ( said to possibly account for near death experiences) and pain killers better than morphine.

I remember the news story from years ago where a 95 pound woman lifted a car off her trapped son single handed, with no effort or injury to herself.

The human body and brain are capable of many mysterious things that we don't understand, let alone know how to control. I sometimes wonder if we don't somehow cause these strange things to manifest; maybe we even somehow create them.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I will write a post soon on similar experience that I had, I always try to find logical answers, but this one had no simple answers. Will post soon, a bit busy now.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

The human body and brain are capable of many mysterious things that we don't understand, let alone know how to control. I sometimes wonder if we don't somehow cause these strange things to manifest; maybe we even somehow create them.

I think that is entirely possible. As you say, there are many mysterious things we don't understand.
There are cases on record of people with multiple personality disorders, or Disassociative Identity Disorder,
who manifest different physical traits as they change from one personality to the next.
There's a well documented case where a woman was diabetic when one personality was dominant, then became
non-diabetic when another personality became dominant.

How weird is this:
The personalities in a multiple have a strong psychological separation from one another. Each has his own name, age, abilities and memories. Many times each subpersonality has his/her own style of handwriting, cultural background, artistic talents, foreign language fluency, and IQ.

If the human brain is capable of this, then we're "through the looking glass", as it were.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I dont buy it, i induce sleep paralysis so i can astral project, and i am telling all of you right now, anything you see, hear and feel has no physical shape in no way. Nothing can harm you or even touch you since you are OUT of your physical body.

The only reason people see frighting things, or feel them or hear it, is a very natural reaction. We are not used to being in such a '' vulnerable'' position.

Personally i got over the freaky stuff with practice and lots of patience.

If any of you have sleep paralysis happen again, just think, dont physically move, just think about getting up.

Some hand on the chest after waking up? Honestly how can a spirit touch a spirit and transfer that touch from a whole different astral plane to this one, it just doesnt work like that i would know i asked my spirit friends to help me go from one plane to the other, and they have to touch you, never had any marks on me or anyone else i know, its just impossible.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Me, my brother and my Dad have all had it multiple times a month since childhood. For the first ten or so years I felt a malevolent being just out of my peripherals or always just about to enter but never in sight. I still have sleep paralysis but the last few years its been becoming more abstract.

P.s. he had it once and made a b.s. story about a hand print. Ive had it all my life sometimes at a rate of multiple nights a week and multiple instances a night. I am about as studied in sleep paralysis as one can be, dozens of bizarre instances, im a pro and perhaps a hero because it can be #ing horrifying. Like not wanting to sleep when youre young scary.
edit on 25-10-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I will tell you right now that is BS about the melatonin. You build up tolerance to it extremely quickly and require greater and greater doses to get the same effect, and eventually it does nothing. Him taking a relatively large dose would not do anything special.

The human body also absorbs something like only 1/8th of the melatonin taken.

I say this as someone who took it for many years. I have had a pretty scary sleep paralysis once in my life, and this was not during the melatonin period.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   

I first experienced it at the age of 9 and it was beyond what I could have imagined a nightmare to be. My nights were often filled with the standard dark, faceless being in the corner of my room as I was rendered immobile. Breaking free, finally, and scrambling for a bedside light to turn on only left me scared to possibly doze off again.

I couldn't describe what was happening to me, being young and mortified, so I never told my parents nor did I tell my brothers (my younger brother had experienced the same as it turned out). It was typically the ominous, faceless figure standing right next to my bed as I struggled to move my legs, my arms, my suddenly frozen vocal chords.

This occurred about 2 to 3 times a week until I was roughly 19 though it still happens. It became so frequent that I could tell if it was going to happen just before nodding off. My body feels light and almost tingles as my mind drifts off yet still seems active. It's so strange. Anyway, I became somewhat comfortable with what was happening and it no longer upsets me, for the most part. Sometimes it still gets me.

I'm quite a bit older and it still happens but not very often. If I'm falling asleep on my back, usually with a t.v. or radio on, I can tell it's going to happen. If so, I can control it and have very lucid, out of body, walking down the hall, freakishly real experiences. I can never look back at myself in bed when this happens and the more I try to move down the hall, it seems like a rubber band snaps me back to my body.

It's incredible. It's an amazing state of being half asleep and awake. Nothing more. It's not another plane of existence, to me at least. Sorry to ramble on but I've never really felt comfortable about the whole "sitting up from bed and walking out of my sleeping body" thing. Didn't mean to drift your thread if I have.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: XaniMatriX
I dont buy it, i induce sleep paralysis so i can astral project, and i am telling all of you right now, anything you see, hear and feel has no physical shape in no way. Nothing can harm you or even touch you since you are OUT of your physical body.

The only reason people see frighting things, or feel them or hear it, is a very natural reaction. We are not used to being in such a '' vulnerable'' position.

Personally i got over the freaky stuff with practice and lots of patience.

If any of you have sleep paralysis happen again, just think, dont physically move, just think about getting up.

Some hand on the chest after waking up? Honestly how can a spirit touch a spirit and transfer that touch from a whole different astral plane to this one, it just doesnt work like that i would know i asked my spirit friends to help me go from one plane to the other, and they have to touch you, never had any marks on me or anyone else i know, its just impossible.

I had similar experience, read it and explain if you can...
connecting worlds

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

Yea, I dislike the Idea of taking any medicine to affect dreaming/lucid dreaming in any way. All my dreams are lucid and I did not need pills to reach this level.
I saw hundreds of advises of what to eat, drink prior to sleep.. I think its a wrong path.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: flowofmysoul
a reply to: Ridhya

Yea, I dislike the Idea of taking any medicine to affect dreaming/lucid dreaming in any way. All my dreams are lucid and I did not need pills to reach this level.
I saw hundreds of advises of what to eat, drink prior to sleep.. I think its a wrong path.

Melatonin isn't a drug. It's a hormone that our brains produce. Our pineal glands secrete it. It occurs in mammals and many plants as well. Eating bananas will cause your melatonin levels to elevate, sometimes significantly.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Yea, but why would you want to manipulate your hormones? You can do fine without it, at the same time staying away from risks.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: flowofmysoul

Was the screaming sound right in your ear? As if it was being yelled right beside your head?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join