It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most 'Distrusted' News Sources In America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Some of you will find this interesting: Remember H. Clinton saying in a video they were losing the information war... Maybe she was right about something ?

You know there's a problem with the media when Al-Jazeera is trusted more than NBC, CNN, and MSNBC. As Pew research's Journalism Project shows in the following table, the study attempted to measure not just whether people had heard of a variety of news sources, but which ones they really trusted when it came time to get straight info about politics and governments.

From "most distrusted" to least...

Click link for list:
www.zerohedge.com...

A few surprises but maybe just more propaganda... You decide

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Rush number 1 and fox number 2. What a shock.

Neither are really news sources though, are they? Actually most aren't LOL

ETA: When only a few companies own them all how can you really trust any of them though?
edit on 10/25/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I don't really trust polls and those who run them.
You can make an argument for anything if you poll the right people. If these people don't trust Fox for example, why is it the top rated cable news network? If you read the fine print at the end, it was an internet poll, so that's going to exclude a lot of people.
ETA:
After chasing down a few facts about Pew Research, I really don't trust the motive behind their polling.
edit on 25-10-2014 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Is it that these are mistrusted ? Or are they just unpopular? It would seem to me that any mistrusted news source would quickly vanish from publication or distribution .

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
In other words, the main stream.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Is it that these are mistrusted ? Or are they just unpopular? It would seem to me that any mistrusted news source would quickly vanish from publication or distribution .

You can always tell the propaganda . It is the most often repeated from most of the sources.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

ETA: When only a few companies own them all how can you really trust any of them though?

Yep. You got a star for that.

Journalism seems to be all about what's popular with certain viewers/listeners.

Drudge's placement surprised ... as it's news conglomeration. Funnier still was the placement disparity between "Glenn Beck" and "the Blaze" ... same # different smell.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I can't believe that in our present day and age with the interwebs at the fingertips of just about everyone these days that there are some people who still choose to have a single or even only a couple of supposed 'News' outlets to solely get information on the world and events around them.

I guess people have a hard time giving up their favorite talking heads. It's almost like an addiction I suppose.

Passes on the offered Kool Aid

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

It's too confusing and/or too much work for the majority of people to read all the contradictory and slanted stuff and make any sense of it, particularly for people worried about so much more pressing issues than current events, issues like feeding their kids or finding a job. Plus comfort zones are pretty serious things today it seems.

ETA: That and the fact that what used to be trusted news no longer is and some people just never dropped the habit. Just like some people still believed Walmart only sold made in the USA a decade into them only selling Chinese stuff. Good marketing works wonders and can leave a lasting impression.
edit on 10/25/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I don't think there a news outlet in the world that is not controlled as to there content and what they say. Its not about news (except for the " head dead yet news " ) it is about control of the mass's, what would you do with 7+ billion people if they knew the real truth's of what go's on in this world .

That being said how can the two most popular shows on cable and radio be the least trusted ? That should make people question the validity of this poll and what source's were used even if you hate both of them, otherwise you fall right in line with being controlled . IMO

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

If I have EVER read a poll that is more made up than this one, I would like to know.....ANYONE out there giving this "poll" any validity is already one of the 47% totally gullible, robotic - vote whatever way my beloved news show tells me to" masses.
All I can say is, I am so sorry for you.....go back to sleep

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: nomickeyshere

If I have EVER read a poll that is more made up than this one, I would like to know.....ANYONE out there giving this "poll" any validity is already one of the 47% totally gullible, robotic - vote whatever way my beloved news show tells me to" masses.
All I can say is, I am so sorry for you.....go back to sleep

Why are you sorry for me? I don't sleep.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

You can always tell the propaganda . It is the most often repeated from most of the sources.

I doubt it. I don't buy that line at all.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

So Rush Limbaugh is supposed to be a "news source"? That's the most shocking thing here. I thought he was some sort of male Ann Coulter, who hates anything that moves that isn't him.

Seriously, I had no idea he is supposed to be a "news source". That's hilarious!

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Yep. You got a star for that.

Drudge's placement surprised ... as it's news conglomeration. Funnier still was the placement disparity between "Glenn Beck" and "the Blaze" ... same # different smell.
tell that to journalists reporting from war torn countries or regions at risk. Yeah you guys are only there because it's popular. You've died because we think it's entertaining...

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I think in general we're a long shot from the press being the "fourth estate". It's been shown that the CIA has manipulated the press since its inception to use it for misinformation/disinformation/propaganda, both domestically and overseas. I don't blame anybody one bit for distrusting them. I certainly don't trust the media/press. I wouldn't even trust a poll about distrust of the media/press.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Actually, I couldn't agree more. It's entertainment and people eat it up. I have often said the day will come when soldiers will be paid by big news companies to wear helmet cams, so the violence-thirsty public can see the killing as it happens. It's disgusting. It turns my stomach.

Remember when CNN had that missing plane news still "breaking" after a month? There was one reason for that. Ratings, and they sensationalized it to the point of entertainment.

Honestly, I expect Wolf Blitzer to come out some night with a top-hat and cane. Do a little dance. lol.

Can't even watch it after the first "breaking news". I go to Aljazeera-America for the actual real news. And BBC.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I watch Fox News with the sound muted, thems gals be pretty.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Well you see it on here too. I can't count how many times someone's sole argument was that they didn't like THAT news source. It seems that if it didn't come from the msm they refused to accept it. My mother used to buy those rags, like the National Enquirer and such. And though I would never use them as a news source, I have seen a few times that those rags broke news stories that the msm wouldn't touch at first. Come to find out, they were right. There is a variety of places and ways you can get news from, tweets,facebook,msm, foreign sources, word of mouth etc. I neither believe nor disbelieve these sources. I simply check them out to see if it is true or not.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I doubt it. I don't buy that line at all.

In other words?

Let me give you an example. The ISIS Crisis. It began as a non stop, focused bombardment on all the stations prior to and leading up to the eventual bombing of "targets" in Syria. The excuse and the justification for violating Syria's Sovereignty. Did you "buy" it?

I could cite other "campaigns" that all use terminology with word association.

Muslim--extremist

gun--violence.

Humanitarian--Intervention

War on Terror

Oh God, not the war on terror. Did you "buy" it?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join