It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Stats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Are the Stats graphs not being used anymore. They aren't showing on the stats page like they used to.

I generally like ATS but sometimes I find it tedious when the threads are all US politics or these days full of threads about the same thing. I comprehend how this happens but sometimes I like to check the posting patterns against the stats, for example to see if it has affected the general posting and joining trends.

I think the stats are useful as a monitor for members to see how things look on the bigger picture of the site.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

I totally agree,for a while i have noticed that threads about non US subjects get moved from popular forums like Breaking Alternative News very quickly while comparable stories that are based in America get left there.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Where/what is the stats page?

I have probably seen it at some point but for some reason right now my mind is pulling a blank...

Thanks.

* ETA - Is it the ATS Stats link at the bottom of each screen? If so - um....Doh!
edit on 10/25/2014 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

On the 'i' for information button on the top bar is the information page, on that page there is a button for the stats page, it is currently showing sort of stats as in some statistical information about threads and forums, it used to show about 4 line graphs of things like new members, logins, mobile users, posts etc. in addition to the information currently showing there. They were rather useful as a site overview.

For example, the types of threads there are recently, it might appear to be more mobile users posting than perhaps the more serious PC threads that require more input and complex information, images etc.
edit on 25-10-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Any answers from Mods?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
Any answers from Mods?

I wish I'd seen that myself. All this time and not once have I ever been curious about the i button.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The price we were paying to show the data (it was a third-party widget provider) went up after one year, into a zone we could no longer afford. We're looking at developing our own data display, using the Google Analytics API, it just takes time… which is in short supply. (sorry)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

thank you i never knew what that button did before now i am of to play with it

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Thanks for the reply. There is rather a lack of free time here too, so no worries. I just wondered about it as I liked it, I like stats in a not too geeky way. Roll on the new style if/when they appear.

new topics

top topics

join