It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Conspiracy Theories Are False

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
How about the CIA dealing crack?

That's one of my personal favorites.

What, pray tell, will you accept as "evidence"?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

The fact is that, in nine years as a member of the world's most popular conspiracy web site, I have yet to see a single conspiracy theory proven true.

Marry me? ... lol you're right again... I missed that nugget ... I was a lurker since the late 90s .. I joined years later when I just couldn't take it anymore... and there's a pattern to the whole thing... certain topics surge.. die ... rinse and repeat..

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: miniatus
my most frustrating one is chemtrails.. and before that it was the reptilian stuff..

Those aren't conspiracy theories, they're fantasies. (going to take flak for that one)

A proper conspiracy theory has some evidence, even if fleeting and difficult. Those two examples are fictions, made up from observing a misunderstood phenomena.

A great deal of what some try to call "conspiracy theories" online are mere fantasies. One needs to be able to discern the difference.

Oh, and we can't forget about this ATS classic: Barksdale Missile Number Six: The Stolen Nuclear Weapon

edit on 25-10-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Astyanax

By definition of what a conspiracy is they are almost all true.

Conspiracy vs. Conspiracy Theory are two different things... one is an actual set of people conspiring to do something... conspiracy theory is the idea that a group of people are doing something... theories are theories because they aren't fact... theories aren't fact by nature... which means your statement is wrong... conspiracy THEORIES are not "almost all" true ... they are theories.. ideas that have not been proven to be fact... let's make sure we don't drop the word theory .. that's the key.

Addition: And the truth is .. most conspiracy theories have never made it to conspiracy fact.... the OP is right.
edit on 10/25/2014 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

A conspiracy theory is an explanatory proposition that accuses two or more persons, a group, or an organization of having caused or covered up, through secret planning and deliberate action, an illegal or harmful event or situation.

By just this definition alone means anything which is an actual event fitting those qualifications is a true conspiracy theory. That covers so many events in history you can't even count them all.

Think about it.

Did 911 happen?? Yes. Was it a harmful, illegal event planned by multiple people?? Yes. Bam, conspiracy.
Are chemtrails real?? Unknown. So you stop there.
Is mind control real?? Yes. Was it a harmful, illegal event planned by multiple people?? Yes. Bam Conspiracy.

There are millions of conspiracies!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I'm glad there is someone around here that has it all figured out.
9 years and not a single thing on the site is true.
That's pretty sad.
We should shut down the site and go listen to NPR.

link   
I'll throw one is as well....

Tuskegee

edit on 10/25/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: miniatus

You're right. Just apply a "Theory" when you see the word "Conspiracy" then if I forgot to put it down.

You know what I'm trying to say though, yes??

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

my most frustrating one is chemtrails.. and before that it was the reptilian stuff..

This aren't conspiracy theories, they're fantasies. (going to take flak for that one)

A proper conspiracy theory has some evidence, even if fleeting and difficult. Those two examples are fictions, made up from observing a misunderstood phenomena.

A great deal of what some try to call "conspiracy theories" online are mere fantasies. One needs to be able to discern the difference.

Oh, and we can't forget about this ATS classic: Barksdale Missile Number Six: The Stolen Nuclear Weapon

If you think conspiracy theory involves some level of fact... you're in the wrong place... if you tried to tell them otherwise they would call you a disinformation agent or sheeple
... Yeah I agree it's fantasy ... most of those are actually people that seem to secretly want it to be true... so they seek any and all "proof" to support it... this place is full of that..

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: miniatus

You're right. Just apply a "Theory" when you see the word "Conspiracy" then if I forgot to put it down.

You know what I'm trying to say though, yes??

Absolutely understand

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
There's also this one from ATS: FBI Fears Chinese Hackers Have Back Door Into US Government & Military

For a few years, up until that thread, there was lots of speculation about Chinese back doors into secure systems, and part of the conspiracy was collusion by IT vendors. It was proven true right here on ATS… so much so that the story (above) became front page news on the New York Times, and the FBI responded directly to our research. As a result of this conspiracy being exposed on ATS, the General Services Administration stepped up its timeline and budget to replace all suspect routers throughout government and some private industry.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

If you think conspiracy theory involves some level of fact... you're in the wrong place...

Are you not paying attention?. I provided several, proven with facts.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Biggest conspiracy ever : RELIGION

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Astyanax you often demonstrate your impressive intellect here and have been the recipient of many stars from me over my 4+ years, but Skeptic O just demolished your premise.

Wow, put all together like that ATS truly is a mighty e-pen on the lighted plasma parchment of the internet. Proud to be here.

edit on 25-10-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

catalytic converter are a known conspiracy, they were made to be used in all cars, when we used carburetor, we use catalytic converter to burn off the access gas but we no longer use carbs but fuel injection and there is no extra fuel to burn off with these, yet it is still the law that car manufacturer must use them, they actually make your car burn off fuel and it is a compete waste of gas, unless this has changed in the recent years.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
That you wrote the thread and checked out in about an hour or less of replies, while the owner of the site gave you solid answers, according to your nonsensical, illogical definition of such in your title, as well as others of us doing the same shows you to be a believer in absolutes, as "Mind Firmly Closed," on your avatar states…

Even with that illogical definition of such you replied to me, you were given examples per that definition, and stil neither acknowledged them nor stuck around to revise your definition.

How about the admitted use of the American Military of its own soldiers for use in mustard gas testing, an old one, one asserted as a theory for a very long time, and then admitted to years later? That fits your illogical definition, as well,as it was a theory for quite some time before admitted to that it was conspired to be hidden as long as possible, just as Tuskegee, which another member has mentioned, also conspired to be kept in secret.

By the way, why have you been wasting your time all these years, with such a closed mind? Just to insult and call various members delusional and schizho, when you have never admitted to a psychiatric expertise or degree?
To justify having a closed mind and keeping it that way?
For entertainment?

I have read your comments. In science and math, you excel. Beyond that, it seems the world operates with only standard science model applied. I've tried to figure you out, and failed. Even science doesn't work that way. Nothing does in life, as it is constantly evolving and fluctuating, even in science and maths.

All such things are false, is as illogical statement as there is. There are no absolutes.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

If you think conspiracy theory involves some level of fact... you're in the wrong place...

Are you not paying attention?. I provided several, proven with facts.

Theory by definition is not fact... you cannot provide proof on a theory.. if you did it's no longer a theory.. study up on your terminology my friend..

If you have FACT then it better not be just digital references to other ATS articles or online references to non-accredited sites ... I could prove to you within an hour that I could make up anything online ...

Relax..... facts and proving THEORIES to be FACT is a long process and peer review and consensus is involved by professionals..

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
It's rather sad how you are looking at it. I think what's really important about conspiracists is their will to think critically and out of the box. I mean i know there are some nutjobs out there. But honestly what's something you would consider to be proof of a theory, I seriously don't know what you mean by proof. Would a test in a lab be enough, or a some guy from the goverment openly admitting it.
I know I think for myself, I have my own opinions, most of the times I dont need proof to believe in something, although there are some few cases where "proof" arises (Eg. how long the homo sapiens has been around).
I say 9/11 is pretty clear to me, I dont know what sort of proof someone could get you to believe it was an inside job, since nothing could possibly be 100% verified, guys in TV could be lying, test lab can be bought, etc.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
Biggest conspiracy ever : RELIGION

I salute you sir... we've not always agreed.. but I'm right there with you

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Can't hope to compare to Skeptic Overlords ground and pound… this is from the last election. I took a screen capture of a teleprompter YouTube showing the conspiracy in elections.

The motion to grant Ron Paul access to the debates prior to the presidential election was denied…

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join