It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HazMat team empties Ebola doctor's apartment WITHOUT gloves, face masks or any protective gear

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

How many here think these guys should have:

a) Worn their contaminated suits into public spaces,

OR

b) Removed their contaminated suits before entering public spaces?

Just wonderin'.

edit on 25/10/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

I have been pretty quiet here on the subject of Ebola. Now I'm going to play devil's advocate. Mind you I have no idea what is really going on but, so many aspects of this situation does not add up. Here goes

We have authorities entering a plane without protective gear on for an ill person on a plane. We have NYC police throwing so called contaminated debris into a public trash can on a busy street and hazmat cleaners with no obvious protective wear on. We had police in Texas go into Duncan's apartment without protective wear. It appears authorities are not concerned, why?

We have Duncan's family who were all in close quarters with him after his first visit to the emergency room when he was obviously sick or he would not have gone there and not one of them contracted the virus. But, we have 2 nurses who wore some, though we're told inadequate protective clothing and they contract the virus. The other's here in this country did not contract it here but in Africa, In my mind something is not adding up here at all.

We are told that 10,000 have contracted the virus with a 50-60% fatality rate, yet the people that live there say there is no Ebola and say it's the Red Cross vaccines making people deathly ill. Bear in mind everything we are getting for info is via MSM. Does anyone here at ATS actually know anyone who has been to Africa?

I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for this post and I'm not trying to down play a situation if it's as bad as we are being told but, damn things are just not adding up. There is so much contradiction to the Ebola story one does not know what to believe. These are just my thoughts and many are going to chastise me for not buying into the presented story we're being told but, please keep in mind, when are we ever really told what is going on.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2manyholes

I have been pretty quiet here on the subject of Ebola. Now I'm going to play devil's advocate. Mind you I have no idea what is really going on but, so many aspects of this situation does not add up. Here goes

We have authorities entering a plane without protective gear on for an ill person on a plane. We have NYC police throwing so called contaminated debris into a public trash can on a busy street and hazmat cleaners with no obvious protective wear on. We had police in Texas go into Duncan's apartment without protective wear. It appears authorities are not concerned, why?

We have Duncan's family who were all in close quarters with him after his first visit to the emergency room when he was obviously sick or he would not have gone there and not one of them contracted the virus. But, we have 2 nurses who wore some, though we're told inadequate protective clothing and they contract the virus. The other's here in this country did not contract it here but in Africa, In my mind something is not adding up here at all.

We are told that 10,000 have contracted the virus with a 50-60% fatality rate, yet the people that live there say there is no Ebola and say it's the Red Cross vaccines making people deathly ill. Bear in mind everything we are getting for info is via MSM. Does anyone here at ATS actually know anyone who has been to Africa?

I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for this post and I'm not trying to down play a situation if it's as bad as we are being told but, damn things are just not adding up. There is so much contradiction to the Ebola story one does not know what to believe. These are just my thoughts and many are going to chastise me for not buying into the presented story we're being told but, please keep in mind, when are we ever really told what is going on.

Thank you for posting this I agree it's not adding up at all. Everyone who has contracted it has been a medical person whom I may add never looked sick.The nurses were cured how exactly did that happen? then you have the neighbor who could not identify the doctor in N.Y by the picture she was shown.Real ebola patients do not require a doctor(although I'm sure they would want one) because there is nothing that can be done except give comfort to them.My doctor confirmed this and he's from South Africa he's also belong to doctors without borders and stated emphatically he would not go there. from my understanding when you catch ebola it acts quickly once you show symptoms and death comes quickly.
Nothing that has been said is adding up at all and am glad you see it too.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2manyholes
Does anyone here at ATS actually know anyone who has been to Africa?

No, but I do know an African exchange student, who has several dead and sick relatives over there, who is very offended over the, "it doesn't exist" theory.
edit on 25-10-2014 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

***Gotta love the guy with the cigarette dangling out of his mouth. Classy.

Are you sure that isn't the doctor's toothbrush?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: 2manyholes

so , in your post, many in africa are claiming that ebola doesn't exist and people are getting really ill from vaccines....then how are OUR drs bringing it back here after treating ebola patients there????

duncans family, we have not seen them,but ESPECIALLY his fiancee, someone is speaking for her...and nurse PHAM, her boyfriend was taken into quarentine, and, nothing more heard about HIM......she was released yesterday, NO MENTION OF THE BOYFRIEND.....

she is looking forward to seeing her dog....

the hazmat guys...well that looked bad,but, as people said, they took off the stuff in the decontamination inside the building....I can see that.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
So now if you're diagnosed with Ebola, the government will come in and steal all your stuff? Without reimbursement, I presume.

Hell, the guy is going to be in the hospital for X amount of days. If the virus only survives so long at room temp on ambient surfaces, leave the damn apartment alone! By the time he returns it will be free of virus again, right? Moving all that crap out, especially in such an unprofessional way, only serves to spread the virus while it's still alive.

Idiots.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
It was in sealed containers not laundry baskets. LOL
I doubt the govt needs used sheets and dirty towels though.
Renters insurance should cover him.
Home owners if this is a condo.

reply to: signalfire

edit on PM0000003100000010104309312014-10-25T12:09:01-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

The article states they arrived at the apartment early that day WITHOUT any sort PPE.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

...Moving all that crap out, especially in such an unprofessional way ....

How was the removal unprofessional? You mean 'cuz they removed their contaminated suits after decontaminating the apartment, and before going into public spaces?

: puz :

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The nurses treated Duncan when he was at his most contagious. The longer you are sick the more virus is shed by the body. Also the nurses had open neck areas but assumed they were safe and that is very close to the nose and mouth.
Since his family didn't get it and neither did anyone who came in contact with Amber Vinson it has to be evident that it's hard to catch even with initial symptoms being present.

a reply to: 2manyholes

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

what is wrong with them?

Our government officials is what's wrong with them, they keep playing down the issue as if there is nothing to worry about

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JG1993

Even the bedbug guys don't come "dressed" - and their suits aren't nearly as hot as hazmat PPe's. They all wait til they're at the door and out of public sight. It has to do with discretion and privacy -and in this case- not getting peoples' panties in a knot - and with not starting to work up that killing sweat until it's absolutely necessary.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Also, according to MSF, the worst oversight was not having an infection control manager walk the nurses through their suit removal step-by-step. MSF says even when you know the protocol inside out, you're still too tired, hot and lightheaded to guarantee you'll do it right every time.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

I appreciate & respect all the information you've posted over the last several months, but are you not assuming this?

Where is the news report that says from this company's administrator that they suited/removed PPE inside?

I highly doubt they would remove the gear inside the contaminated environment, if they went as far as to wear it in the first place. It's self-defeating, even once the apartment was decontaminated. They'd make another mess to clean up at the end of a long day as well as possibly expose the clean environment again.

Is it better than wearing them outside? Yes. But up to this point, decon teams have come outside in gear, have disposed of everything in gear. It would go against everything we've seen so far to give them the benefit of the doubt that they handled this properly.

Edit: here is a picture of one of them in a partial suit, outside, touching the same barrels. fox11online.com...
edit on 25-10-2014 by JG1993 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Double post, the headline in OP source has changed to "Hazmat team sterilizes Ebola doctor's New York home as he battles virus in hospital - and even his mail man is wearing a mask"

They also changed the photos, removing a couple and adding ones of the team wearing suits. Wearing suits improperly. Clearly.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The smart link hasn't been updated to represent the new headline, you can see OP's post subject was formerly the headline. Before the czar woke up this morning.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Like I said in my opening post and I want to clarify that I do not really have a theory here. Ebola at this stage of things is just too convoluted. I'm merely stating that there is so much contradiction that do any us really know what is going on.

As far as "our" doctors bringing it back, how do we know that they even had Ebola? And I again, I clarify I don't know that they did or didn't.

I like what Autumn Witch said about the longer they have the more contagious it is, that explains why some in contact with the sick don't get it and others do.

Every time I read and article about Ebola regardless of the source I'm just left shaking my head and more confused.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

I do not advocate that Ebola does not exist, people in Africa are dying there is no disputing that. My questions were more geared to why is there so much contradiction and half ass protocol here in the US? As well as why are there so many who believe Ebola does not exist. As I said, I do not know one way or the other and the info coming out makes it almost impossible to form an opinion that can be trusted.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TWILITE22

Thank you, I knew I was going to ruffle a few feathers and tried to explain that I do not know, only question the contradictions that coming out. I'm just the type that questions everything, it's my nature. LOL

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

what is wrong with them?

Our government officials is what's wrong with them, they keep playing down the issue as if there is nothing to worry about

So? There probably is nothing to worry about. The WHO state that Ebola is less contagious than countless common illnesses and diseases. It's significantly less contagious than the common cold, for instance.

If you were to have passing contact with someone who had a cold, you'd still be unlikely to catch it. The severity of an illness has no bearing on it's transmission rate.

If someone with the worst cold in the world had their apartment scrubbed, their possessions boxed up as hazardous waste and the whole thing hosed down in the right detergent, your chances of catching that dreadful cold fall to basically zero. You could probably eat your dinner right off the hazardous waste containers were it not for the chemical residue.

And Ebola isn't even nearly as infectious as the common cold.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join