It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Allen Donates $100 Million To Ebola Fight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
espn.go.com...

SEATTLE -- Billionaire Paul Allen, who owns the Seattle Seahawks and the Portland Trail Blazers, has pledged to contribute at least $100 million to the fight against the deadly Ebola virus.

SportsSeahawks owner Paul Allen is donating $100 million to the fight against the Ebola virus. The Microsoft co-founder said Thursday that among the initiatives he's supporting is the development of two medevac containment units that the U.S. State Department can use to safely evacuate health workers who become infected.

Allen said he's working with the World Health Organization to increase its capacity for handling the logistics of transporting international aid workers, and he's establishing a fund to help cover the costs of emergency transportation of the workers.

Will throwing money at the situation help? Will it hurt? Does it even matter? Is it just BS? Will it even be used in the right way?

I'm sure there are more questions but I'll leave that to you guys.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
If you toss a lot of money at this kind of thing, sometimes it makes things worse. Give rewards for solving issues. Some of his ideas aren't really bad though, he is actually specifying the money to purchase equipment and for transportation services. If you donate too much to research, then the issue never seems to get resolved. Give bonuses for achievements.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Paul If you want to help people I could give you many better solutions that would actually do some good. 100 million fighting this is about as stupid as it comes. You might as well just throw your money away.

Helping people is great.....you should hire a normal everyday person with some intelligence to help you out. This money could really make a difference in someones life.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Notice how its mostly left leaning wealthy people donating to the fight against both AIDS and Ebola?

Where are the koch brothers and Adelson?

I could be completely wrong though!
edit on 25-10-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
Notice how its mostly left leaning wealthy people donating to the fight against both AIDS and Ebola?

Where are the koch brothers and Adelson?

I could be completely wrong though!

Maybe you might want to rethink that comment considering Koch donated 100 million to fight cancer.
edit on 25-10-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Nice.

I like the fact that he will get what is needed where it is needed himself. (if true) Thats what he should do anyways.

Beds, bio suits, chemicals, food....and transport it through transporters he hires personally.

If not feed the children type distribution will happen where pennies from every dollar will go to helping and the rest to publicity whores who outright steal unaccounted for money.

edit on 10 25 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
100 million...

I would hire a small litigation army to bring people like Gates, Soros and Obama to justice.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I will never say anything bad about a person donating their own money to a worthy cause, but I can't help but think what that $100 million could do for starving families or for sheltering the homeless...

I also wonder how much of that $100 million will go wasted...
edit on 25-10-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Paul Allen is a real person? So he wasn't killed by Patrick Bateman for trying to get a reservation at Dorsia?

Thank goodness. Anyways, this paul allen sounds dicey...i mean he's just hyping Ebola for profit.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheToastmanCometh
Paul Allen is a real person? So he wasn't killed by Patrick Bateman for trying to get a reservation at Dorsia?

Thank goodness. Anyways, this paul allen sounds dicey...i mean he's just hyping Ebola for profit.

No way someone would donate such an amount of money... unless........

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Are you sure it wasn't 100 million to help spread ebola.......................

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

This is probably a guy who realizes...ebola kills all types...if it doesn't get contained...everyone could be at risk...even the rich. Good for him though for doing something and 100 million is an amazingly generous amount. Never heard of the guy but will certainly remember him now.

top topics

join