It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killing Bigfoot....The TV Show

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Kratos40

I agree with you. I can't speak to whether the military respects them, what I'm seeing is the military hasn't found a way to control their movements on military bases, so it's more an attitude of let it alone and a mutual ignoring of each other.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I have the same info as everyone else. Mr. Landsdowne is a military Veteran. Bear (aka) Dixie Banshee has led many expeditions and had success in both finding bigfoot down south and in calling them in. He had/has a podcast/radio show and has been doing this for a very long time.

I'm not familiar with the other members of the cast.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Feltrick
a reply to: U4ea82

Killing a Bigfoot would prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the existence of these creatures. Once proven, they could granted protected species status. Until then, they are a myth.

Sadly, I agree with you.

Though I have a feeling that there is something more to the legend than just tales, the "proof" of existence would lie in tissue samples and a corpse. Funny though, we discover all sorts of new species in odd ways. I think they discovered a new species of lizard as it was part of a local diet somewhere in Vietnam? I think even larger previously unknown species of animals have been discovered as well.

I'll close with just one question: What if they do succeed? What if it's found that these are another species closely related to homo sapien sapien? What would the ramifications be?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

I imagine people will just go nuts knowing they are running around all over the place. Some of us call it the "soccer-mom" problem. Who's going to want to take their kids out anywhere but a mall with 8-9 ft unruly, uncivilized hairy people
out there?

The anthropology world will equally go nuts trying to place them and most likely lots of what we've learned in school is going to be tossed aside.

The Bigfoot haven't been very forthcoming in discussing their life ways with us, so I can't imagine parking an ethnographer with a group is going to go over well. In all honesty they could just take off and leave a human in the dust.

Personally I'm interested in any biological differences. I think that's where we're going to get our biggest surprises.
Different immune systems, different optical capabilities.....

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

What would the ramifications be IF it is closely related to Homo Sapien Sapien?

I think there would be large swaths of land becoming protected. I do not think it would have any effect on religion though. There would be a huge dose of "neener neener" from those who've spent a lifetime looking for this creature.

That said, with the number of game and Bigfoot hunters out there, none of have been shot. I believe they are very safe and this show will not be proving their existence anytime soon. Shows like this have already been filmed, IF a Squatch had been shot, it would be all over the networks by now.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Feltrick

The shows are fun though, admit it, LOL.

One thing I find a bit disturbing, is the current trend of almost EVERY_SINGLE_STATION having SEVERAL Paranormal shows on them now. Honestly, its making the History channel look very tame in comparison these days.

The stations seem to be competing on how far out and ridiculous that they make these shows.

Destination America will soon be a 24/7 Paranormal/Supernatural/Cryptid/UFO station. Why don't they just rename the damn channel Paranormal America or something???? Jeez.

Ancient Aliens, Finding Bigfoot and Ghost Adventures was enough for me. But now, everywhere you look, there are knock off shows of these.

edit on 26-10-2014 by Vrill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Vrill

I admit it! I never miss an episode dealing with country boys looking for Bigfoot or some other mystical creature. Heck, I wouldn't mind starting my own group when I retire.

With all these groups/individuals looking and actively hunting these beasts, no real proof has yet to be gathered!

Episode breakdown: talk to witnesses and gather info; do a night investigation and locate where to place trap; construct trap and have a little fun while doing it; discuss the plan and say, "this will be our most dangerous hunt...."; go on night hunt and drive beast(s) toward trap; trap is sprung but no beast; declare beast real.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join