It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

My caffiene video

page: 1

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:12 PM
Well, I did a little Wikipedia/Naked Scientist research.........found some interesting stuff....

Ended up dictating into my phone voice recorder, organizing my thoughts etc.

Spent 3 hours organizing my reply.

Determined it would be easier/more interesting if I just posted an audio file that distilled everything I learned down to 1:30 of audio.

Couldn't post an MP4.....had to turn it into a Youtube video..... Now I did inject some humor into the video using a funny voice, but here it is.

Caffeine functions as n insecticide in the plant that makes is stored in special vacuoles in the plant which act like a medicine cabinet in the plant, keepin the toxin from harming the plant until it's needed.

Caffeine makes it harder to concentrate.

There, I got it down to six words.

But to break it down a little more precisely.....caffeine stops an enzyme that breaks down cAMP......

cAMP amplifies the effects of adrenaline in the brain/body by allowing it to reach the cells.

The more caffeine you drink, the more cAMP will accumulate.

Studies have shown cAMP has a negative effect on the functioning of the prefrontal cortex.

And "The prefrontal cortex is involved in learning new material, and during sleep, connections are consolidated, strengthened, and modified through communication between the prefrontal cortex and the hippocampus."

So you put two and two together, and caffeine makes it harder to LEARN among other things.

Now this is different from how I THOUGH caffeine worked. I thought the caffeine activated the poison response in the body and increased adrenaline on its own.

Instead, it only amplifies whatever adrenaline is already going through the system.

Try here:

edit on 24-10-2014 by Boxman because: embed video

edit on 24-10-2014 by Boxman because: video

edit on 24-10-2014 by Boxman because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Oct 24 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix embed

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:15 PM
a reply to: Boxman

The video link is broken

edit on 24-10-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

new topics