It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X3 Solar Flare from AR2192

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Another X flare! Just an X1 this time though.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
But don't worry cause under EO 10998, the Prez can seize any and all resources....

) "Food resources" means all commodities and products, simple, mixed or compound, or complements to such commodities or products, that are capable of being eaten or drunk, by either human beings or animals' irrespective of other uses to which such commodities or products may be. put, at all stages of processing from the raw commodity to the products thereof in vendible form for human or animal consumption. For the purposes of this order the term "food resources" shall also include all starches, sugars, vegetable and animal fats and oils, cotton, tobacco, wool, mohair, hemp, flax fiber, and naval stores, but shall not include any such material after it loses its identity as an agricultural commodity or agricultural product.

(c) Priorities and allocations. Develop priorities, allocations and distribution control systems and related plans to insure that available food resources are properly apportioned among and distributed to civilian, military and foreign claimants in an emergency and develop priorities, allocations and distribution control systems and related plans for the domestic distribution of farm equipment and fertilizer.

oh yah they can seize control of your farm too. Got a farm? "We'll just take these chickens and grain stores so we can feed everyone else and we'll take your water too, anyway EPA also gets to control the ditch water on your land". Yah I feel so safe with this.

2) protective measures, treatment and handling of livestock, including poultry, agricultural commodities on farms or ranches, agricultural lands, forest lands, and water for agricultural purposes, any of which have been exposed to or affected by radiation. Plans shall be developed for a national program and direction of Federal activities to assure the safety and wholesomeness and to minimize losses from biological and chemical warfare radiological effects, and other emergency hazards of livestock, meat and meat products, poultry and poultry products in establishments under the continuous inspection of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and agricultural commodities and products owned by the Commodity Credit Corporation or by the Secretary.

www.disastercenter.com...

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't trust our government to adequately distribute food and resources to 300 million plus people in the US, when they cannot or will not even contain one deadly case of Ebola.
edit on 25-10-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The bowls poured on the Sun woop woop here we go ha ha ha

I cant wait till the tape runs out.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I will laugh. And.next year I'll still be laughing. And the year after that and the year after that etc...a reply to: bluemooone2

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DantesPeak
a reply to: rickymouse

Haha. The power shouldn't be affected... but if we did get hit with a big enough flare to take out the grid, I don't think 16 cans of salmon is going to sustain you for months/years.

Well, that brings me up to about forty cans of salmon. We also have about twenty five cans of tuna, and all kinds of canned meats in rotation. Plus, we get a half a cow and I buy about ten whitefish for the winter.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
But they wouldn't need to rebuild them. They would just need to repair them . Rewire

I heard recently that cars wouldn't be effected at all. Something about sized. Small amount of wiring.
But even if that's not true. Those cars would only need a mechanic to repair the electrical system. . a reply to: LDragonFire

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I heard recently that cars wouldn't be effected at all.

Cars and electronics would not be affected unless they were plugged into the power grid. A geomagnetic storm produced by a CME is not an EMP.

Electrical grids are affected because of induced currents produced in long conductors (power lines). These currents are, for all intents and purposes, DC currents because they are of very low frequency. Although the amount of power involved is not great (200-400 volts), our AC systems don't like DC currents being introduced to them. Specifically the transformers.

edit on 10/25/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Everyones t.v's are not working over here, But the INTERNET IS.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The T.V has been down for over 4 hours now. We get NO channels at all here in MN.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: cloaked4u

How nice for you. But a loss of TV (cable or antenna) has nothing to do with the recent solar activity. The effects of the most recent flare subsided hours ago.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
If you see this, then your in trouble. www.youtu.be... 404, whatever i did it right.
edit on 25-10-2014 by cloaked4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

How nice for you. But a loss of TV (cable or antenna) has nothing to do with the recent solar activity. The effects of the most recent flare subsided hours ago.

OH, so it missed us. My t.v is still out and everyone elses too. Maybe it knocked out a satilite or two.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
No. The flare "hit" us. And the effects subsided hours ago.
Is your TV satellite, cable, or antenna? Have you tried calling your provider?

Maybe it knocked out a satilite or two.
No.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I remember hearing that if the transformers were taken out, we would have to have them remade and transported from overseas... as we have outsourced the means to make them here... which would take a number of months at the minimum.

A few million for preparedness and infrastructure shoring up doesn't seem unreasonable... but unreasonable seems popular in governance these days.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

A few million for preparedness and infrastructure shoring up doesn't seem unreasonable... but unreasonable seems popular in governance these days.
In the US the government is limited in what it can do but the power industry is not sitting on its hands. Just ordering a pile of backup transformers (some are made in the US) is not really a proactive or practical approach when a geomagnetic storm capable of doing widespread damage may occur once in a timespan of more than 100 years. Other contingencies may make more sense but the problem is, there is not a lot of information about what can be expected to happen. Sure, you can plan for a worst case scenario but who pays the preparation? The consumer. It may be a good idea but it will cost money.

www.pnnl.gov...
quanta-technology.com...
www.fema.gov...

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So you are saying that the situation is hopeless and I must agree. Tesla must be rolling in his grave somewheres Phage and OMG have we been dumb.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I think we're going to be lucky, the monster sunspot is rotating away without any significant CME - my monies on it blasting when its turned away.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Another X flare this one 2.0 at 2014/10/26 10:04:00 ending at 10:56:00, not sure if this one had a CME component yet. That is now 5.
SolarSoft Latest Events
edit on 10/26/2014 by whatnext21 because: added link

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Yup, another X2. Coincidentally, my cell phone is no longer working. Anyone else with Telus unable to connect to the network?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Anybody explained the apparent crack in the suns surface just above AR2192 ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join