It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accidental Emergency Alert - WSOC-TV's statement on emergency alert that aired on WSOC-TV, TV64

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Not sure where to post this, so please move to the correct forum if needed.
I didn't hear the alert this morning, but was kind of creeped when I read the tweet from WSOC. There's video at the link that shows the actual alert. The alert was an Emergency Action Notification for the United States, starting November 9th.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — WSOC-TV is looking into the emergency alert that aired around 8:30 a.m. Friday morning on Channel 9 and TV64.

WSOC-TV is hearing that radio stations broadcasted the message too along with our sister station in Atlanta WSB-TV.
FEMA said the syndicated radio program inappropriately sent out the tone and other systems picked it up and passed it along.
WSOC-TV was the only Charlotte TV station to receive that tone.

Source

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Could have been a actual mistake. Even if TPTB had something planned for that date, they wouldn't tell every radio and TV station in the US to prepare a warning.
Or...Be ready for TS to HTF on Nov 9th.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Strange and "coincidental" timing is always suspicious.

Hmmm.

Election.Jitters.Abound

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: niobe

I heard on the radio news that ONLY the President or his appointee could send this alert out? I am not sure what to make of it either unless they are testing but why?

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: RunForTheHills

It wouldn't surprise me after 6 years if Obama went, "Gee, what's this button for?"
With his understanding of politics button pushing is about all he can do correctly. Well that and play golf.
edit on 10/24/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hopefully it's nothing, just a mistake....but, there is so much going on right now. Maybe someone is just testing things out? I'm not sure who sends the alerts out, I've always thought it was FEMA for some reason.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
*Doom pron radar*

Was this the same thing that occurred last year at this time.

Now I have to wait and see again.
Only difference is. Last time it was I believe South Carolina.
Lindsay Graham worried about a nuke attack.
And missing nukes being reported.

*chime doom music* DA DA DAAAAA!
This is strange. S&F....

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Well it wasn't just radio and it wasn't just Charlotte and Atlanta:

www.myfoxatlanta.com...

The FOX 5 Newsroom received multiple calls from concerned AT&T U-Verse customers Friday after an emergency message appeared on their screens.

The message, claiming to be an emergency alert issued by The White House, notified viewers that their programming was being re-directed to another channel. The alert is part of the EAN or Emergency Alert Notification. Engineers with FOX 5 say the alert can only be activated by the President in times of emergency.

U-Verse engineers tell FOX 5 staff the message appeared on screens around Atlanta, Dallas, Michigan and Austin, Texas.

I find this hinky as hell, given all the crap going on with Ebola, ISIS, etc. Is it a hack or was it actually accidentally activated? According to reports I've read it's impossible to activate the televised version with out a sequence of protocols.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Well it wasn't just radio and it wasn't just Charlotte and Atlanta:

www.myfoxatlanta.com...

The FOX 5 Newsroom received multiple calls from concerned AT&T U-Verse customers Friday after an emergency message appeared on their screens.

The message, claiming to be an emergency alert issued by The White House, notified viewers that their programming was being re-directed to another channel. The alert is part of the EAN or Emergency Alert Notification. Engineers with FOX 5 say the alert can only be activated by the President in times of emergency.

U-Verse engineers tell FOX 5 staff the message appeared on screens around Atlanta, Dallas, Michigan and Austin, Texas.

I find this hinky as hell, given all the crap going on with Ebola, ISIS, etc. Is it a hack or was it actually accidentally activated? According to reports I've read it's impossible to activate the televised version with out a sequence of protocols.

Was there any comment from the White House?
Any apology from the source saying.. sorry?
" sorry folks. Didn't mean to press the End Is Nigh button "
"We're sorry for the drastic disposal of underwear"
edit on 24-10-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Good question. But that assumes it was the source? Or was it a hack? Who really knows, but it does warrant some sort of official response, I would think.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum

It wouldn't surprise me after 6 years if Obama went, "Gee, what's this button for?"
With his understanding of politics button pushing is about all he can do correctly. Well that and play golf.

lol, it would have been better if the emergency message was: America is under attack by the right. We would like to take this opportunity to remind you to vote democrat in the upcoming elections. Stay tuned for more information on this national emergency...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Hmmm...this is becoming curiouser and curiouser. It would be nice to hear an apology and an explanation.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Strange coincidence, one of my favorite comics xkcd just did a strip like this recently.

Floss regularly, folks.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

The alert was an Emergency Action Notification for the United States, starting November 9th.

I don't really understand this part, the fox one gives no date i don't think, what did it say?
I guess their first ever test was on 11/9/11 maybe replayed the test.
Interesting 11/9

On November 9th, 2011, the first-ever nationwide Emergency Alert System (EAS) Test was conducted across the United States and territories at 2:00 PM Eastern time. ... FEMA originated an Emergency Action

edit on 24-10-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: niobe
a reply to: kosmicjack

Hmmm...this is becoming curiouser and curiouser. It would be nice to hear an apology and an explanation.

But like he said. Assuming the White House was the source.
It very well have been a hack.
I guess we will have to see in the morning if the WH press secretary addresses it.

ETA: re watched the news clip. It did state for Nov 9..
However the claim a radio DJ accidentally hit the the alert tone... after receiving a request from the White House.
If he received the message .. how can it be an accident?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: RunForTheHills

I heard on the radio news that ONLY the President or his appointee could send this alert out? I am not sure what to make of it either unless they are testing but why?

"I heard on radio news" is hardly a definitive fact. You probably heard it on "radio opinion show" not "radio news". Big difference.

Making this something only the President can do is asinine - what happens if there's a local alert and they can't reach the White House for whatever reason?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

The video at the source link gives a start time, end time and a date. The reporter reads it starting at 00:25 into the video. It says, "An Emergency Action Notification for the United States, beginning at 3:03pm Sunday, November 9th and ending at 3:18pm Sunday November 9th." That's what scrolled across the tv screens in Charlotte.
edit on 10/24/2014 by niobe because: Because typos.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

found it elsewhere on another forum

I will write what it says, "a primary entry point system has issued an emergency action notification for the United States beginning at 3:03pm sun nov 9 and ending at 3:18sun nov 9"

EDIT:
Thanks guess i was adding this while you responded.So it does not match the original test

On November 9th, 2011, the first-ever nationwide Emergency Alert System (EAS) Test was conducted across the United States and territories at 2:00 PM Eastern time.

www.fema.gov...
edit on 24-10-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Here's what it looked like:

www.mediabistro.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Either that or Soros going "Hmmmm, what's THIS string for?"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join