It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever happens in life, get back UP.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This was my reply to another topic in the rant forum about someone hating happy people. FIgured the reply was 5 pages in and hey, everyone should benefit from this if possible (and it IS possible, just takes practice and determination to make this an every day mindset. I'm still learning how to do this, but i DO it daily). I have added a lot however to this.
------

I try to be as positive and optimistic and happy as I can because there is so much bad in the world. I refuse to be laden under tons of crap and be miserable. What will that change? The crap is still there. Being miserable just adds extra stress.

I try to find the good in everything that is possible to find good in. Get bad news? Something not work out right? Perhaps it happened so something better can come to be. Lots of things in life are there to help us prove to ourselves if we are the sort who give up or the sort who get knocked down and keep getting back up. So things fall apart over and over? Then you get back up over and over. Whatever great is coming, IS coming and you'll never find it if you choose to not keep getting back up.

Get up and keep moving forward.

See, life has this way of making sure things come to be. If you're not in the right job, or with the right person, or making the wrong choices or or or or (endless list is endless but I hit on the main things most humans go through) then life WILL make sure things crumble so the right things can come to be.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire? Push onward. Keep in your mind that it's happening to make you stronger and better times are coming.

The bad outweigh the good times? Then embrace the good times and enjoy every second. Pull on those memories and happy feelings when going through a slump. Keep moving forward. It's the good times that matter. A reward of sort for having gone through the bad. Cherish them.

Everything everything everything happens for reasons. Everything. Maybe you'll find out what said reason was, maybe not; but just trust in the fact that everything happens for a reason. Running late for something? Maybe you just missed being in that huge accident with that train/semi truck, etc. Got held back from a promotion? If you got it, you never would have been able to be out and about that one day to talk to a stranger and land a better job elsewhere.

Examples above, yet resoundedly hit the core. Everything happens for a reason.

My life is one big disappointment after disappointment.
I still get back up after appropriately getting upset, depressed, angry, etc.
I refuse to stay face planted in the ground.
Cuz good things DO come that make the bad worth while.
I have learned this.
Thusly, I will remain positive and upbeat.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

Rushing forward can be hard on the soles of the feet. So my advice is if you can, find a good air mattress, place a coffee or cool bevy on the pool coping and relax, taking a sip each time the mattress gets to the same spot.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

This post reminded me of the movie "Mr Destiny" with James Belushi. Great movie.

I too believe that everything happens for a reason. Whether we realize and appreciate it or not.

edit on 24-10-2014 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Happiness is a personal choice. Some people don't want to put forth that little extra bit of effort that it takes to manifest a happy countenance. Others just go with what they're used to, and never venture into a more pleasant frame of mind.
Life is so much more pleasant when I focus on the positive things that occur each day.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I find these kinds of threads highly important , the friendly motivational words from strangers are like a pat on the back

When i feel sad i Listen to Tom Petty , then i feel really proud to have this change we call life

Have a Great weekend

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
You all are wonderful people!

Alas my weekend doesn't start til I get home from work Saturdays at 7am, but yes, I"m looking forward to my 2 day hiatus from the job.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

A sense of humour can help you survive anything.

I remember one time in a doctors office, I was scheduled to get a vasectomy. The doctor asked if a student nurse could observe the procedure.

I said okay.

So there I am. Naked from the waist down and in stirrups at the doctors office.

The second the poor student nurse walked in, I screamed, "Jesus help me! I just came in to get directions to a gas station! Call the police!"

She ran out.

The doctor laughed so hard he fell to the floor.

Still got snipped, but he was real generous with pain meds.

A sense of humour. Couldn't live without it.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Just try to be happy. There's nothing much in this life that we have control over anyway.

You're right, get up, brush it off, get on with it.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Your post reminded me of this Eyedea and Abilities song.

"No matter how hard I hit the ground, I'll still smile."

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

OMG BEEZZER! hahahahahah my sides xD

And THIS is how we get through life.

new topics

top topics

join