It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Put a rug over it! Are you kidding?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
So, my significant other takes two of my children to the Doctor today. All routine visit sort of stuff. While they are in the waiting room a man with a child comes in, goes to the window to check in with the receptionist, and the child vomited into the floor in front of the receptionists window. The man finishes signing in, then walks away from the child to a chair (all of this while on his phone) and has a seat. The child follows. My husband hears one of the receptionists say to another one, "Just put a rug over it, the carpet cleaning guys will be here next week". Are you kidding me?!
NEXT WEEK!? What is wong with people? There are so many things that could happen...like I don't know...maybe a small child picks up the rug and moves it! Why? I don't know. The cleaning crew that comes in after hours. Do you say, "Just leave that rug out of place there in front of the window there's vomit under it". ? He tells me this when I get in this evening.
My husband did say that the child appeared to feel better after he vomited...
edit on 24-10-2014 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2014 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
After seeing that,I would never take my children there again. Health violation there,I'm sure. Seriously question how clean the rest of the place is. God,the thought of that makes me want to take a shower...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
That is utterly disgusting.

I would call the Health Department if I were you.

How many people could fall ill with the fumes from the vomit in a week's time?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
That would violate all health laws and so you'd have to phone that in. Also the smell would be nauseating, for a week?????

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Naaa its fine I do this all the time at my gaf spilt drink buy a rug, dog takes a leak buy a rug, just chuck rugs on everything much easier than cleaning up...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I think I'm going to have to call someone! The more I think about it the more freaked out and grossed out I become...I detest having to find a new PCP for the kids but, GEEZ, AccessDenied hit the nail on the head. Just think how filthy the rest of the place is...?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Please, please call the health department and alert them of what your s/o witnessed. Sanitation and cleanliness in a health facility is extremely important, especially one that deals with children, not to mention SICK children on a daily basis. I'm sure there are infants coming in without vaccinations which makes what the receptionists did even more reprehensible.

I haven't read far enough but, did your s/o alert the physician in charge of this? My apologies if you've already addressed that question.

edit on 24-10-2014 by U4ea82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: U4ea82

No he didn't say anything, he is the passive/non confrontational half of this relationship. It was due to an unfortunate series of events that actually led to him being the one to take my two girls to the Doctor in the first place. They are teenagers and he was not comfortable being there. Anyway, it was not addressed so, I think I will call the good Doctor first. Weigh that response and go from there if I don't feel I am taken seriously or believed. I'm quite sure the place will reek to high heaven by Monday morning.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Even a chain store knows how to deal with Pathogenic "Spills" (vomit, blood; etc.)

Wow, that sounds very gross. I would never take a child there again. Mop, disinfectant, they don't know these terms in a health facility? Geez.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
This is not very healthy issue. He would have wiped up the stuff with a cloth so that the rug fibres would not have been spoiled with it.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

The thing I hate most about situations like this is that I forget the fact I have a camera, cause the second people see a camera come out they know a big pile of reality is about to hit the fan.

top topics

join