It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible was written before 70 AD and here is why..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: graphuto

Maybe you should read that bible once in a while...

Jesus said we ARE the children of God, quoting a verse from The Psalms...

Which was obviously written well before Jesus came...

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

That doesn't change anything. In the beginning was the Word. And the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Most of what was said and done in the Old Testament was a shadow of Jesus Christ. If people believed on and called upon the name of the Lord, that was enough for their eternal salvation.

I'm 29 years old. I've been reading the Bible since I was 6.
edit on 27-10-2014 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Those who aren't resting on Jesus Christ for their salvation are not the children of God

You say you believe in the entire bible, right?

According to these verses, being a "Child of God" does NOT come through faith alone, but through WORKS:

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?"
- Matthew 5:44-46

"But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful." - Luke 6:35-36

edit on 27-10-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

And you still haven't figured it out

that's kinda tragic too honestly

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

But what about this one?

"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name"

I believe I listed about 30 others earlier in this thread, or in the other we're participating in.

Also, when Jesus preached those big sermons, they were mostly geared towards people that were already saved. Clearly.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Haven't figured it out? LOL I just believe it man. There isn't some big conspiracy in the Bible to figure out, as much as you'd have people believe. Hundreds of thousands of people over the course of a millennia would be inclined to agree. I've been reading it for 23 years. Much study indeed.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

So why do I need to explain the basics?

IF One believes in something they practice it... Practice requires action not just words...

Belief is nothing without action

Paul might disagree but according to Jesus Faith alone is not enough

edit on 27-10-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Where in this thread did I ever say otherwise?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Every place where you claimed "faith alone"...

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Calling upon the name of the Lord is the beginning. Salvation is the beginning. It's JUST the beginning, but it IS enough to grant you eternal life. God loves people, and wants them to be saved. But he knows that we're wretched also. He made it possible for us to attain eternal life, of which no one is worthy or deserving. That's love. Ultimate love. There's the love you guys are so hung up on. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved!

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life."

That's from John. One of the books you actually agree with. If even one person that believes on Jesus Christ and relies on Him for their salvation and goes to hell, that makes this verse, as well as the 30 other ones I listed, complete and total lies.

Sorry, I just can't buy it.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

So again, you simply lack understanding...

It says "that whoever believes in Him Should not perish...

Believe all you want... that's just fantastic...

"what you do to the least of these you have done to me"... On that day HE will say "I never knew you"...

It doesn't matter what you buy... Truth is truth...

Faith alone is a lie...

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

What about these verses:

"Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. " - Matthew 7:19-21

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   

In that sentence, should is just used as the past tense of shall, since the writer is speaking in the past tense. Not the other form of should, which is often used in auxiliary functions to express an opinion, suggestion, preference, or idea.

Loved...gave....

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

And this is what Jesus says the will of God is :

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

This is out of the mouth of Jesus Christ. How can this be explained away or denied?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Let's talk about what it means to bear fruit.

Apple trees bear apples.
Orange trees bear oranges.
Everything bears after it's own kind.
Bears bear bears.
Dogs bear dogs.
Cats bear cats.
Love begets love.
Hate begets hate.

What do Christians bear? More Christians.
What do non-Christians and false prophets bear? More non-Christians and false prophets.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Alright try this then...

And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

47 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:

48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

49 But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

IF works are not absolutely necessary... And Faith alone is the way he described...

90% of the gospel is a lie because Jesus said specifically works are what God wants to see in us to glorify God

HE even Gave us the example to live by...

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   

The WILL OF THE FATHER IS THIS : And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: graphuto

And this is what Jesus says the will of God is :

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

This is out of the mouth of Jesus Christ. How can this be explained away or denied?

By reading the entire chapter instead of cherry picking

Edit: ya... no need to repeat yourself...

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Love begets love.
Hate begets hate.

What do Christians bear? More Christians.

According to Luke 6:35, You must first love your enemies, being merciful and doing good to them BEFORE you get the reward of being called "Children of The Highest". So Love bearing Love is not separate from what Christians must do. Based on this you are NOT saved by faith alone.
edit on 27-10-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

It even re-iterates it at the end of the chapter. I really fail to see how this is cherry picking...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join