It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look, another mass shooting, more people go off on police officers... We're the problem here..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: onequestion
These issues, the economy, shootings, gun control, gay marriage, it all comes down to one simple concept, how we treat each other. That's the biggest issue we face as a species. We judge, we get revenge, we destroy, war on drugs, war on terrorism, war on this war on that. All of it comes down to us not wanting to accept each others differences, not wanting to accept each other period. It's very animalistic, territorial, egoic to live like this. At this point in the "evolution" of our species we should be looking towards the future with a sense of compassion and community and stop all this petty bickering and bull#.

The way our culture is now, it's going to destroy us and it won't be because of anything other then the simple fact that we all look at each other and all we see are $$$$.

Humanity is losing its humanity.

You sure have changed your tune. Aren't you the guy that wanted us Baby Boomers to die and get out of the way?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Still bitter are we?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
it all comes down to one simple concept, how we treat each other.

Indeed it does, but you make this out to be a very simplistic notion when the reality is far more complex.

For instance, you mention wars...

What do we do, as a society, when a group of people are being threatened with extreme violence for nothing more than their personally held religious beliefs?

You have a heavily armed group of people attacking a town, beheading people, raping women and children, destroying their homes, wiping out entire families, terrorizing anyone who does not believe the same things they believe.

What do you actually DO about it when this happens? Beg? Plead? Bribe? Or simply bomb the c**ts into the stone age where they belong?

Like I said, it's very simple to make statements of peace and love, when this is not the world we live in. There are monsters out there, and it's naive beyond belief to either pretend that they can be reasoned with, or (and this is directed at the audience in general, not you) assume that it's all some kind of grand conspiracy by your particular enemy of the month.

IMO it does all come down to how people treat each other, let people live their own lives. But, when some choose to try to inflict their will on the lives of others when the lives those people want to lead have absolutely no detrimental impact on anyone else, they should be stopped.
edit on 24-10-2014 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013
Seeing as 'simply bomb the c**ts into the stone age where they belong?' does nothing but create more c**ts...what now?

Unless you are willing to go genocidal (and 100% thorough), you won't win an ideological war with weapons.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis

Not everyone can be taught to be a refined English gentleman.

"Refined English gentlemen" are exactly the problem. These are the people who created and continue to enforce our social "arrangements".

They are the reason for economic inequality, war, and all manner of social ills. What we call "civil society" is really mass barbarism disguised as "progress".
edit on 10/24/14 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Could you provide a link to this alleged mass shooting and reaction to it?
I'm a bit confused.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I don't believe that everyone or even a majority of people are like that. If all 7 billion humans on this planet were anywhere near as evil as the few who cause the majority of our problems, we wouldn't exist anymore.

The fact that 7 billion people can get along so well even with all of those socio/psycho paths running around is truly amazing. There are A LOT of good people out there who do good things everyday, but that is not newsworthy. The only things that make the news are of the few bad ones which makes it seem like everyone is evil.

This is a planned tactic and helps to keep everyone divided allowing to be better controlled and manipulated.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I agree with you. Its refreshing to see people take responsibility.

We arent under attack so much as we are just auto destructive.
we arent being manipulated so much as we are used to control or being controlled.
we arent being lied to as much as we arent willing to see the truth.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

a reply to: xuenchen

Things are looking up for authoritarians and wannabes.

The forecast is for metallic hail though.

Which one is happier?

it looks as if they are the same being inside different bodies.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Damn you response is classic.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion I found evidence of this the hard way. I killed a skunk. I later felt the exact pain that i had inflicted on the animal and the evidence for me was too overwhelming for me to ignore any longer. Most would say i got what i deserved and i feel the same now. Heck i was so caught up in the pain that i was expecting to die myself. I grew from the event and was blessed the next morning when a young bull was at my door when i woke. I went outside expecting for the animal to react to a human the same as they always do but was surprised when he confronted me in a non threating manner and as i began to pet him with my hand i felt the energy and knew what was happening. I was granted a new bond to the animal realm.

I had a simular expierence when a neighbor was cutting down a big oak tree for fire wood and suddenly i could literly feel in my lower back what i could only describe as a saw vibrating on my bones. It took 6 monthes to get over that pain and find new roots. These two expierences have guided my vision to see the true relationship we share with the rest of the world. Once you start to look you will see the likeness everywhere. it has led me to believe that the dna we share with others is happening in realtime and not stemming from evolution the way we have come to know evolution.

edit on 24-10-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join