It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: High school shooter active in Washington state, Shots fired.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
My gosh this is horrible!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
He may have been bullied, but by his facebook page (If It is his page) it looks like he had quite a few followers, and many comments posted up until Dec last year. The last post was Sept 18 which he changed his profile pic but did not add comments since. Quite a few pics of him and his girlfriend and he had many likes to his posts. Something must have happened very recently. IMO

facebook
edit on 10/24/2014 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Did you tell your parents you were being bullied? I would ask my daughter all the time if she was being bullied. She always denied that she was, but she kept asking to move to another school. I'm home schooling her now, and she seems to be pretty happy. At least with home schooling, I don't have to worry about her getting shot at some high school! There's always college though...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

I'm actually wondering about his parents... Totally only wondering: University psych studies connections? Military fam? etc...

Big tragedy. Lots of eye witnesses, though. A couple teenage witnesses knew him, and didn't think he was weird... Just saying...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu

Prolly not significant, but I've heard one student witness say it was a half day, and another say it was lunch hour... Just pointing it out...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

For the record: I believe this is a true tragedy, nothing fishy... But with the big E-news-ola in NYC so fresh, it's crazy times, huh? Also, this is right during a political season with 2 initiatives for background checks for any firearm sales.

Again, prolly not the case, but this IS ATS, no?

link   
His parents? Well, there is this:

www.marysvilleglobe.com...
School Board Vice President Wendy Fryberg, a Tulalip Tribal member....

It's not uncommon for the parents of these whack shooters to have a government job. That way they can be more easily controlled.
edit on 24-10-2014 by starviego because: (no reason given)

link   
Even when they do take notice, and it is brought to the schools attention, they ask " what did your kid do?"
Even when a kid fights back these days, the bully bring his/her gang into the picture. Its not as easy as it used to be.

It's really sad to say the least. What a waste of life.

reply to: aboutface

edit on 24-10-2014 by nrthstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I haven't heard of any disclosed identities yet... Gonna check out your link.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: japhrimu

Prolly not significant, but I've heard one student witness say it was a half day, and another say it was lunch hour... Just pointing it out...

That's not inconsistent at all when you have kids in school. My youngest has whined about having lunch at 11 am before because it's not noon or after noon. Larger schools stagger their lunchtimes to break up the demand at any particular time on the cafeteria and this school had 2500 students apparently.

**Just confirmed--the first lunch time at my local high school down the road is 10:50 am.
edit on 24/10/14 by WhiteAlice because: added **

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

CNN was interviewing a student witness, and this witness actually identified the shooter as Jaylen Fryberg on air. I think that was a big oops, because after that, they made sure to tell every witness they spoke to NOT to disclose any names.
edit on 10/24/2014 by Slinki because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
If the only suspect is dead, why is someone else being led away in handcuffs:

twitter.com...
Morgan Palmer ‏@MorganKIRO7 2h2 hours ago
One person in handcuffs being led away from #Marysville Pilchuck HS.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

To never be heard of again, obviously.

That's a nice picture, but can it be verified as being at that school today?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

School board VP?! Don't know what to think... A school board VP in Western WA couldn't be pro-gun enough for the kid to have gotten it from them, could they?

(I really don't like that I have suspicions, or rather would like to eliminate any possible suspicions, right of the bat... I apologize to anyone directly affected by this that reads my comments.)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Sad story about 30 miles south of my location.

At least 4 shooting victims. Popular freshman athlete.

All officials refuse to release any information. All info from students on phone or hospital.

Weapon was reported as small perhaps cheap foreign made pistol (according to student on phone interview). That was pulled out of pocket at lunch table where 3 to 6 rounds were fired at which point the gun jammed or perhaps just needed reload. As shooter was fumbling with weapon many escaped and then shots were again heard according to student running out of cafeteria.

Known to have an ongoing dispute for at least a few weeks with one student who used racist remarks against him.

Had some sort of dispute at school the day prior in regards to his girlfriend and another guy. Left desperate heartbroken type comments on twitter - according to the news reports.

At this point it appears it might be about a battle for a girl in which he lost and the victims were not random, but may be involved in the battle.

Involved were probably mostly if not all freshman (9th graders about 15 years old).

edit on 10/24/14 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
He was an avid hunter from what I saw on facebook which has not been taken down yet.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Excallibacca
a reply to: aboutface

Fair enough, I just don't like using shooter's names personally.

I starred your post for saying that.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
From his twitter account:

twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
"Homecoming prince," last weekend?! One witness recounting non-responsiveness of shooter in a class before the incident... This is a crazy story developing.
edit on 10/24/2014 by japhrimu because: Spacing between words

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Not again!!!

This just breaks my heart.

Thoughts and prayers to all the families effected.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join