It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: High school shooter active in Washington state, Shots fired.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Shooter ID'ed as Jaylen Fryberg, a student, here:

twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This is just awful! I pray for all the students hurt and for their families. The world has gone mad.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

The bodies haven't even been counted yet and people are already crying conspiracy. I shouldn't be surprised considering the website I'm on, but this seems in bad taste.

We know (currently) almost nothing about the shooter, so you're making baseless assumptions. Try not to do that.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
Shooter ID'ed as -----------------, a student, here:

twitter.com...

I wish people would quit giving the names, they don't deserve the spotlight.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I sincerely believe this is a distraction, to try and avoid the sheep seeing Putin's speech earlier today...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AZ2ENVY

Putin's speech has absolutely nothing to do with what happened in Washington State today.

Any reason to blame the US government somehow, right? Never let a good crisis go to waste?

What you imply is disgusting.
edit on 24-10-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
They're interviewing a kid by phone on Fox and he said the shooter was a freshman football player. He did not expect him to shoot people. He was a likeable sort of guy.

Maybe drugs or pressure to succeed caused him to go on a rampage?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: canucks555

Always sad to hear about these things happening. I often wonder how it is that someone becomes so angry, or despondent that they must take the lives of others before themselves? If the intent is to die, why burden others with additional tragedy by killing others?

FoxNews just talked to two friends of his. Apparently he was Native American. He was a very quiet kid on the freshman football team. He had recently experienced a break up with his girlfriend. (Catalyst #1?) He had a fight with someone a few weeks ago over his heritage at football practice. (Catalyst #2?) He was never one to cause trouble. If he didn't get along with you, he didn't throw attitude, he just ignored you. (Their words, not mine.) He walked into the cafeteria and shot one table in particular, including a friend of his at this table. (Could the friend be involved over the break up?) One person was a member of his tribe. (Same person being the friend, or different person? They didn't go into details.) The kids at the school are saying it was about a girl on the news.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
They're interviewing a kid by phone on Fox and he said the shooter was a freshman football player. He did not expect him to shoot people. He was a likeable sort of guy.

Maybe drugs or pressure to succeed caused him to go on a rampage?

Probably the latter more than the former based on the student identified, which also seems to be confirmed by the interviews of students present about the student shooter.

a reply to: Anyafaj

Also based on the above and starviego's perhaps inappropriate blurbing (parents probably deserve notifying first), yes, Nat Am.
edit on 24/10/14 by WhiteAlice because: added second reply

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Since several posters are theorizing about causes of these shootings and how to address them, I'll bring up a point:

There have always been "different" kids in school. The ones who keep to themselves, are socially awkward, "nerdy", etc. are always picked on and cast out by the mainstream majority. The issue is, some of these kids handle it ok by ignoring it and others bottle it up and become hate-filled. I think the difference comes from their psychological make-up and from parenting.

If they're treated poorly at school and at home, they start to feel completely hopeless. If they are not psychologically wired to get over it and move on, they'll likely lash out at some point.

I honestly think that when schools made a move toward a "there's never an excuse to fight" policy, they removed an option for kids to defend themselves, build confidence, and teach bullies a lesson. There was a time when kids settled their differences with a scuffle and moved on... often with the picked-on kid feeling much better about himself and the bully was taken down a peg. Now, there's nothing to stop the bullies from putting the screws to a kid until he is a hate-filled psychotic mess.

There is a big push in schools to fight bullying but it hasn't worked and won't work. Remove the zero-tolerance policy on fighting and only punish the kids who are truly responsible.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jomina
My mother's watching CNN and they just said that 3 are dead, but no details yet on that.

Fox is reporting 3 patients in critical in surgery now. All four trauma rooms being used. Cardiac on call, neuro on call, pediatric on call, and a few others were listed as well. One student taken to a Level 1 trauma, 3 taken to a level 2.

One dead, being the shooter, as per FoxNews.
edit on 10/24/2014 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
I hearing on news 3 confirmed dead, 6 injured. So sad...

Des

He shot specific people initially when he walked in, then began shooting at random. So scary. As a parent, this is my worst fear. My daughter lives 2 hours away from me and goes to school 2 hours away from me. I will sell everything I own to get to her if I saw her school on the news.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AZ2ENVY

try and avoid the sheep seeing Putin's speech earlier today...

That's a bit of a stretch, but if you sincerely believe that then I guess you're entitled to your opinion.
Care to elaborate? I had no idea Putins speeches were so...influential? Is that the right word?
edit on 24-10-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Excallibacca

But that's the whole point: When something is wrong no one takes enough notice or care enough to intervene until it is out of hand.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
Since several posters are theorizing about causes of these shootings and how to address them, I'll bring up a point:

There have always been "different" kids in school. The ones who keep to themselves, are socially awkward, "nerdy", etc. are always picked on and cast out by the mainstream majority. The issue is, some of these kids handle it ok by ignoring it and others bottle it up and become hate-filled. I think the difference comes from their psychological make-up and from parenting.

If they're treated poorly at school and at home, they start to feel completely hopeless. If they are not psychologically wired to get over it and move on, they'll likely lash out at some point.

I honestly think that when schools made a move toward a "there's never an excuse to fight" policy, they removed an option for kids to defend themselves, build confidence, and teach bullies a lesson. There was a time when kids settled their differences with a scuffle and moved on... often with the picked-on kid feeling much better about himself and the bully was taken down a peg. Now, there's nothing to stop the bullies from putting the screws to a kid until he is a hate-filled psychotic mess.

There is a big push in schools to fight bullying but it hasn't worked and won't work. Remove the zero-tolerance policy on fighting and only punish the kids who are truly responsible.

I never got help for being bullied when I was a kid. I learned quickly that if you go to the vice principal or principal for help, it only worsens the problem. I was severely depressed as a kid. I was almost one of those kids you see in the news today that commit suicide when their parents have no clue? Yeah, I came close. I even knew the right way to cut to die quicker. Not that idiotic "cry for help" cut. I was dead serous. I had gone down to the basement, found on one of my dad's razors he used for his tools, and was just about to do it when my dad hollered down the stairs if someone was in the basement or did we enjoy wasting his money. I kept silent. I didn't want him to know I was down there. I decided not to do it there where he could find my body and told a therapist about it years later. (Having PTSD flashbacks didn't help wanting to commit suicide either, really.) I just stayed depressed and moped my way through hell, I mean school, until I graduated and got out of there like a bat out of dodge!

(Just one person's perspective. I didn't want to kill anyone else, but if anything happened to them, I wouldn't have shed a tear, shall we say?)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

One dead, being the shooter, as per FoxNews.

Good, hopefully he is the only one who died. No reason at all to do this, even if you were bullied in school.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I am just heartbroken about this.

He was just a baby, hell, they all were.

It sounds like it was some sort of drama around a break up.

I know we are all adults looking back at that age, and understand that 'this too shall pass' but like I said, this breaks my heart for all of the kids.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

Fair enough, I just don't like using shooter's names personally.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Here's a shocker. Apparently there was a active shooter drill to be carried out at that school either yesterday or today:

www.activistpost.com...
--CNN host Brooke Baldwin, covering breaking news of the school shooting in Marysville, Washington, announces that she has a live update regarding the school shooting. Baldwin said she's been just handed a paper with new information, which she will read on the air. She asks for viewers to, quoting, "bear with her," as she reads it "cold." She reads: "Marysville Police will be holding SWAT training today --" Baldwin then interrupts herself, and states, "Oh. This is from yesterday." Later, the host announces, "initially, students thought this was a fire drill."

And there was apparently another drill at another school just yesterday:

a.disquscdn.com...
Active school shooter training at Ferndale High School on 10/23
Ferndale is just north of Seattle and Marysville...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Catacomb

confirmed that two are dead.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join