It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

county ceo gets mistrial, jury didn't want to ruin his life..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Dekalb county ceo Burrell Ellis was on trial for corruption. He apparently was extorting campaign donations from contractors.
The all female jury failed to convict him after more than a week of deliberation. They stated they didn't want to ruin his life and take him away from his twin daughters.

www.myajc.com...

www.peachpundit.com...

These jurors were told not to let personal feelings cloud their judgment but apparently that's what happened.
edit on 24-10-2014 by Hoosierdaddy71 because: added content

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Wonder if he was giving some kind of donations to these jurors?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
sounds like some twisted version of stockholm syndrome

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Yeah dont ruin his life, let him keep being part of what is ruining america. No accountability for government will be our downfall.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
All female jury?

I legitimately had no idea you could have a single gender jury. That doesn't seem all that representative of anyone's peers.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
You would think a jury would jump at the chance to nail a crooked politician.
He will probably get re elected to.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I just had jury duty the other way. I didn't serve, was witnessed the idiot questions the potential jurors had in the box. Some would raise their hand and say "I think I know him!" when they didn't. Some said they had a friend of a friend who knew him. Generally I think people are overly nervous and make bad decisions. Women, typically naturally, have that mothers love even for others children. So to them, a father being dragged away from is daughters was not to be had. However, I think these women allowed a message to be sent. Those little girls will grow up figuring out their father is a thief and dishonest man and that he got away with it. Hopefully those girls' mother could take care of them if it ever happened he was to be sent to jail, but as a public we can't let people like this get away with their criminal activity. It's always better to hurt a few to save the most than save a few and lose the most, of course that's not the legitimate analogy.

top topics

join