It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any The Vampire Diaries Fans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
****ive not seen the current season, Season 6 so please NO SPOILERS!

I avoided this show for years because I'm a die hard Buffy The Vampire Slayer fan. I tried watching TVD a few times but it just reminded me of BTVS. Well about a month and a half ago I gave it another go and OMG IM ADDICTED!

This is definitely a decent vampire show. They're bad ass like vamps should be and there is all the other supernatural stuff that goes along with it.

I have one episode left on Season 5 and will have to catch up on the current season on Amazon this evening so please NO SPOILERS!

I love Damon! He's hot and the perfect mix of bad and sweet, when it comes to vamps at least.

I haven't watched the spin off "The Originals" yet but will. I liked those characters so I think I will enjoy the spin off.

TVD is like this generations Buffy lol. I was honestly surprised I liked it once I actually gave it a chance.

So any other TVD fans here?? This is the first show in a long time I've actually truly enjoyed. I did like American Horror Story but last season sucked and this one with the carnival is so not my thing.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I never got into the Vampire Diaries. The WB or whatever it's called now just became too formulaic for me. I used to enjoy Supernatural before it just got silly.
I just started this season of American Horror Story last night. The first episode has me hooked. I hope the rest of the season is as good. Loved the "Life on Mars" cover that came out of left field and the nod to Tod Browning's "Freaks".
Anything to get me in a Halloween mood. Maybe I'll give the Vampire Diaries another try.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Oh, heck yeah! My sister turned me on to the show a few years ago.

Damon is awesome and so frickin' hot!

I haven't started watching The Originals yet either but, I saw the first season is on Netflix already. Even though he was a bad guy, I always like Klaus for some reason and always secretly wanted him and Caroline to get together.

My husband makes fun of me for watching it because he says is a show for teens but, I like anything having to do with the supernatural. So, he can just kiss it! lol

Right now I'm trying to get caught up on the show Supernatural. If you haven't watched it yet, give it a try. You might like it.

I love those Winchester boys.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I'm not a 15 year old girl so totally not into it.

Just a friendly jab! I have dirty secret guilty television pleasures as well, like Survivor.

I miss the old days when vampires were rare and mostly solitary - all these glittery teen-angst vampires drive me nuts.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I am a huge fan of Buffy but I think it was because I was a huge fan of True Blood that I did not feel the need for another vampire show, but True Blood starting to suck so I switched. I liked it a lot, the first four seasons anyhow but lately not so much.

I am one of those people who really does stop watching shows when they take a turn I don't like. I liked Vampire Diaries but I like human Elena and honestly I like Stephen. Damon is cute for sure in that bad boy way of his, but I still prefer Stephen and I want him with Elena and no one else, ugh!

I tried watching the first episode of The Originals and just could not stand the supporting characters I turned it off and never started it again.

Lately I have just been so bored with television, I tried Under The Dome and it turned so far from the book I turned it off and will not be turning it back on. I do like The 100 which is also a cw show and so far it is keeping me interested but again if they stray to far from the original story i'll probably stop watching it as well.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

TVD is definitely this generations Buffy, it isn't not even close to being as good as Buffy was, IMHO. Maybe that's because Buffy was from my generation so I'm biased, lol.

TVD is like a little escape, sometimes I feel weird about being 36 and watching it but that's ok, I embrace it. My husband watches it and enjoys it too but don't tell anyone

I love Damon too, Ian Somerhalder has the most amazing green eyes. Meow. He's such a bad boy and bad boys are almost always irresistible.

I haven't watched this season either, the last one I watched was season 5. I usually just wait and buy the DVD's so I can watch all the episodes over a weekend it two.

I'm feeling you on American Horror Story, this season is way to artsy farsty for me but I'm loving the covers they're doing. Sarah Paulson's cover of Criminal was pretty epic!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I never got into the Vampire Diaries, but the Originals....I LOVE that show. You Must watch it. All the episodes have been great and Season 2 looks to be even better than Season 1. If you want a badass vampire with style you need to watch the Originals for Elijah.

new topics

top topics

join