It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandatory Quarantine for Ebola Aid Workers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
New quarantine rules considered for aid workers returning to U.S. from Ebola-stricken region

The federal government is considering altering the protocols for doctors and health-care workers who return to the United States from West Africa, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) said Friday morning.

www.washingtonpost.com...
Well, it's about time. Unless the gov wants to spin itself silly from now on, it behooves them to eat crow and protect the people.

But wait, I'm confused.

Doctors Without Borders insisted Friday, after one of its doctors who worked in Guinea came down with Ebola in New York City, that self-quarantines are not necessary when there are no symptoms of the disease.

abcnews.go.com...

edit on 24-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Oct 25 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: former title: Gov Considering a Mandatory Quarantine for Ebola Aid Workers ; edit per OP request

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Damn they're S-L-O-W.

Seriously slow.

It isn't about damn time. It's about three months too late. Should have been done before they made the bonehead moves of "allowing" ebola-infected patients to be brought here by Samaritans Purse. I still say there is something very freaking fishy about this.

ETA: Now how about not letting anyone in from infected countries?
edit on 10/24/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity
My humor is off-key today, lol. I was being facetious about the timing.
You're right. The foot-dragging has been epic. And the smell of fish lingers in the air, despite the calming, lavender scented rhetoric.

link   
Wow!
So soon?
What made them come up with this brainstorm?

I thought the old temperature checks at the airport was all that was needed.

link   
Ebola betta watch out...we gota mother #ing czar!

As mentioned....very slow indeed.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

And also: It's a mega pathogen, yet it's not that contagious.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Isn't it about time they quarantine EVERYONE arriving from hot zones, not just health care workers.

After today, this is a day late and a dollar short.

Better yet, don't allow anyone in the country from hot zones, until they have sat in quarantine for 40 days before they board an airplane and can prove quarantine before boarding an aircraft. That would be the most sensible thing to do.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Wow!
So soon?
What made them come up with this brainstorm?

I thought the old temperature checks at the airport was all that was needed.

I bet it was that czar dude. *eyeroll

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Now I just hope the considering+pondering on this matter don't take too long-this quarantine of aid workers/medical personnel should have been implemented as a matter of course.That way doctor crazy Craig would not have been free to go paint the town red.And visa restrictions to travellers from infected countries+travel bans should have been imposed-that way Thomas Duncan would have had to stay in Liberia.So I hope they don't spend weeks and weeks pondering what should be abundantly clear.a reply to: drwill

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

They will wait until it becomes so clear it hits you in the face with a mac truck.

That is the way this administration handles things, they take a position
if the position turns out to be wrong
they wait and justify
wait and justify
until the facts are so clear that they can no longer justify.
Then they refuse to admit they were wrong to begin with and hope the American people
will forget they messed up in the first place.
By that time a great deal of harm has been done.
Be it race riots and destroying people's lives or now killing people through stubborn refusal to
face reality and what needs to be done.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
CZAR,

Not even a doctor, and doesnt want to come to any meetings to learn what is going on and they expect us to believe that he will help keep us safe.

What a freaking joke.

Honestly at this point we would be better off if they put the school nurse in charge.
edit on 241100000010 by JHumm because: add a line

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane
ITA. I think we all understand the scientific theory behind the anti-travel ban movement; we understand the issues of delivering aid and health care personnel; but we also understand that it's a politically advantageous position---or it was until Ebola made landfall in the U.S. Also, many threads have addressed the issue of introducing a rainforest pathogen (12 hours of sunlight, 12 hours of darkness; consistent temps) into a country with a diverse climate. Other threads have touched on vectors and viral transmission.

How can the government NOT protect its people from so many unknowns? This, to me, is Ebola's greatest mystery.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: drwill

Duh, it took them this long, not alone waiting until an aid worker actually put the population of NYC at risk? Where do we get these people in government who can't recognize the urgency that the rest of the Mr. Joe public can see? Not only should they immediately be quarantined, it should be for 30 days not 21. Healthcare officials still don't have a complete understanding on the incubation period and how this virus can be contracted. People with Ebola do use public restrooms and bodily fluids are easily left on door knobs, sinks, toilet seats and urinals! Lets not mention the eating utensils at restaurants!

The statement that self-quarantines are not necessary when there are no symptoms is total BS! Excuse me, according to this doctor he had no symptoms until later on the next day! Are you kidding me? Why on earth would you even take a chance? There's too much at risk to the general population and to the entire economy! How many businesses have to shut their doors because these non-symptom Ebola workers were in their establishments. These businesses are losing money and the public sure doesn't want to take a chance and patronize these establishments knowing that someone who was a carrier was on the premises.

Oh and by the way, when are they going to stop issuing visas for people in these areas to travel? How long will that take? Until some other person from that area endangers another country or city. Idiots.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw
A journalist on CNN said that Obama was known for pushing a metaphorical stick into the ground and saying, "This is what I'm doing." He is equally famous for having second and third thoughts, prompting him to yank up the stick and put it in a different spot. The journalist predicted that a travel ban was inevitable.
Let's hope so. Because how can the gov be sure that other cases aren't smoldering?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

The journalist predicted that a travel ban was inevitable.

If it gets ugly here, other countries will institute a travel ban against us.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Considering? No they should've done this from the beginning. And prevented travel from the affected areas.

Never let a good disaster go to waste.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Why now? Because it hit NY?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
If the federal governgovernment is thinking about changing protocols, why is Cumo giving us the update? Stop stringing us along and do something already, hopefully its not too late.

If even doctors arent following the recomended procedures then its time for someone to do it for them.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: tranquilone666
Maybe Cuomo believes he has the chops to become an iconic figure during a NYC crisis?

I hope big changes are coming, not incremental tweaks.

What's this about doctors not following procedures?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I dont know, but its really not suprising that he would try to capitilize on off of this. Same way he did with the SAFE act after Sandy Hook. They just had a commercial about it actually.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join