It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Ebola affect your brain?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I kind of have to ask, because the people coming back from working with Ebola patients sure are dumb asses. Doctors have to have some common sense to make it through all that schooling. But they come back and do not quarantine them selves for the three week incubation period? WTF?
I get that the CDC should be implementing this type of procedure, but they are quite obviously inept.

Getting on a subway within a short time of arriving back from treating Eboal? That's so far beyond stupid, I am not sure they have a scale for that.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I think mentally it will. And at the end if you don't make it physically also..So believing in survival mentally will help you overcome this threat I think

Doctors on the other hand have this oath of helping people in need beyond there own life that's noble and humane to do I respect that ,like fire fighters walk into a hell of fire just to know if everyone is out and clear of danger.. those the hero's of today's society. .
edit on 0b13America/ChicagoFri, 24 Oct 2014 11:23:13 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 24 Oct 2014 11:23:13 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I do find it strange healthcare workers with ebola are going to bowling alleys, vacations, and wedding planning. Wondering when one of them will show up at the strip club. I dont think that will turn out well.

edit on 24-10-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Does Ebola affect your brain?

Only on ATS...
Kinda makes me a little crazy.

Peace

edit on 24-10-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Anyone leaving Western Africa should be forced to undergo quarantine for weeks before boarding a flight out of the region. It may not be 100% effective, but i think it would work better than what's currently happening...which is nothing at all.

That way, we won't get stupid incidents such as people carelessly returning, only to risk the lives of other people.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I say it proves that spirits are real and influence us.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Whoa what?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Actually, I believe I read somewhere that it does.

The Ebola virus is also a master of evading the body's natural defenses: It blocks the signaling to cells called neutrophils, which are white blood cells that are in charge of raising the alarm for the immune system to come and attack. In fact, Ebola will infect immune cells and travel in those cells to other parts of the body -- including the liver, kidney, spleen and brain.

Each time one of the cells is infected with the Ebola virus and bursts, spilling out its contents, the damage and presence of the virus particles activates molecules called cytokines. In a healthy body, these cytokines are responsible for provoking an inflammatory response so that the body knows it's being attacked. But in the case of an Ebola patient, "it's such an overwhelming release [of cytokines], that's what's causing the flu-like symptoms" that are the first sign of Ebola, Bhadelia said. [Source]

I have to find the comment kosmicjack made about this last night in the other thread for you.

ETA:

originally posted by: kosmicjack

I read somewhere that - at some point - you have to start wondering if an intense urge to go somewhere is a preliminary symptom of Ebola. LOLOL!

I said I would contact the CDC immediately and get them to add that to the list of symptoms.

But seriously, again, I'm sure that it does affect the ability to think clearly.

As the virus progresses, bleeding in the brain can lead to severe depression, seizures and delirium [7]. [Source]

edit on 10/24/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Wondering when one of them will show up at the strip club. I dont think that will turn out well.

Especially for me haha

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I do find it strange healthcare workers with ebola are going to bowling alleys, vacations, and wedding planning. Wondering when one of will show up at the strip club. I dont think that will turn out well.

Well this guy, to his SLIGHT credit.. was checking his temperature twice per day as instructed.. however.. ( I posted details in another thread, I just can't find it ) ...Research has shown that you CAN be contagious long before being symptomatic.. After just a couple of days there's enough virus in the system that it can be found on the skin (from sweat).. and the virus can survive several hours ( sometimes several days if conditions are right ) outside the body and on surfaces ... So him bowling and then someone else using the ball he was using ( assuming it's not his own ) .. could have contaminated that ball .. all it would take is for someone to touch a contaminated surface/object and then rub their eyes to be at risk of infection.

Now I know the first thought some people would have is that he's a doctor, he would know this if it were true... Well no that's probably not the case because most of these doctors have NEVER treated Ebola patients before since those outbreaks have historically been so small.. This is information that researchers and scientists are aware of though..

Here is a site that explains in more detail.. there's other sites as well : www.brettrussell.com...

The reason they say it isn't contagious until symptomatic is simply because you're very unlikely to transmit it in any meaningful way before that point.. and once you're symptomatic you're far more likely to transmit because of the nature of those symptoms... profuse sweating, bleeding from eyes, ears, nose, rectum... vomiting.. diarrhea, coughing.. ( yes it can also be transmitted via coughing and sneezing )

Before this major outbreak Ebola was never really on anyone's radar .. doctors and nurses knew very little about it because it was considered something they'd never have to deal with .. the previous outbreaks were very small and mostly in remote villages in Africa..there's no real treatment so the practice was purely to contain by quarantine until those infected died off.. the mortality rate historically has been 90% so they literally just quarantined and waited for it to go away.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It makes you wonder if the earliest symptom of Ebola is a compulsion to spit in your hands, followed by a stronger compulsion to touch walls, hand rails, elevator buttons, and doorknobs--other people's faces will be licked and touched.
The next symptom is an unstoppable urge to travel, dine at restaurants (and complain that your steak is undercooked--send it back!), go bowling, shopping (trying on clothes).

But really, the main symptoms affect politicians, causing tunnel vision, selective hearing, and faulty thinking.
edit on 24-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

As the virus progresses, bleeding in the brain can lead to severe depression, seizures and delirium [7]. [Source]

That's very late stage of infection though.. long after they are symptomatic .. I don't think Ebola causes people to want to go out and be social, I think it's really just over confidence of their procedures AND the MISCONCEPTION that you can't transmit the virus prior to being symptomatic.. you infact CAN transmit the virus before any symptoms ever show via your skin (sweat) .. Ebola has been found on the skin surface of those in early stage infection... I don't think the doctors and nurses are aware of that though.. most of these doctors/nurses have no prior experience with Ebola.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

a reply to: deadeyedick

Whoa what?
iritual powers in our everyday lives and there seems to be an agendea to spread ebola and the spirits can cause a trained person to forget everything they ever learned and go bowling. I even say they were with this doc and causing him to not realize he was begining to run fever. It is out of the ordinary for someone to go straight from no fever to 103 in a small amount of time with this virus so the chances are with this case is that he was symptomatic a day or two before he reported the fever. I personally believe that these health care workers have a good heart and would never knowlingly do such as they have done and that thought makes me ask what else could be happening here and the answer is that spiritually they had a plan before they even thought of medical school. To me it is evident that if they have no ill will then something else has to come into play here and the likelyhood of spirits not being a myth is increasing.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: miniatus

Everything you say is true except that the bowling guy did just come back from africa and he came back to post ebola america. And he goes bowling. Now i dont think its spirits flying around forcing our healthcare workers hands, i think it pure human hubris, when comfronted with a virus with such a high mortality rate, we always think it couldnt happen to me until it dose.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality
unfortunatly one does not have to believe in spirits to be affected by them.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Influenza and Increaed socialization Study

A study was done on the flu and increased socialization was observed just before the time period when sypmotoms would emerge. If the flu can do it then why not ebola?

top topics

join