It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Times Attempts to Dismiss Conspiracy Theory

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

I'm not sure what you are getting at here. I was just listing some conspiracies that are true and exist that the public has decoded and exposed.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Petros312

Too funny. Hit pieces like this are only deemed necessary when the herd begins catching on to what's really being done to them. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. Truth starts to leak through cracks in the facade that has been hastily and haphazardly slapped together by msm and their government puppet masters. Ebola is just the latest example.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I postulate the PTB are beginning to look at censoring information on the Internet. So they begin by outing the idea that unpopular speculation is dangerous speech when it involves gov't agencies.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
Here is an old, old conspiracy theory.......news papers serve the political ends and machinations of some among us and are basically not much different than cattle prods to direct the people.

Or I like to think about it in the Noam Chomsky way of newspapers being a device to "manufacture reality" for the public consensus, and there are authorities who know it works given there are plenty of people who need someone else to tell them what you should or should not believe. Sounds like the newspapers really are a "ministry of truth" after all, doesn't it?

edit on -05:00America/Chicago31Fri, 24 Oct 2014 10:29:36 -0500201436312 by Petros312 because: Formatting

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It could be argued that conspiracy theorists are the ones being "prodded" into believing there are conspiracies so they search for "what's really going on" in the wrong direction or dismiss what may be true in the MSM.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: audenine

SHHHH! Away with you and your reasonable logic!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Petros312

originally posted by: Logarock
Here is an old, old conspiracy theory.......news papers serve the political ends and machinations of some among us and are basically not much different than cattle prods to direct the people.

Or I like to think about it in the Noam Chomsky way of newspapers being a device to "manufacture reality" for the public consensus, and there are authorities who know it works given there are plenty of people who need someone else to tell them what you should or should not believe. Sounds like the newspapers really are a "ministry of truth" after all, doesn't it?

Yes. We were not to have say an official state church and we really don't have an "official" press......but we do.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: audenine
It could be argued that conspiracy theorists are the ones being "prodded" into believing there are conspiracies so they search for "what's really going on" in the wrong direction or dismiss what may be true in the MSM.

Yes I will go for that but its the same on the other side of the coin. Getting at a conspiracy requires hip boots for the bull but I have always found it interesting how official sources and "recognized" source are always at the forefront of theory criticism and dismissal. 9 out of 10 times the press and outlets of "official" information support the default findings of official sources and evaluators. That is unless it has to do with politics and then its a split game. But any number of important issues most press refers to official positions.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The NY Times is an Establishment bootlick mouthpiece. Once you understand their role in the domestic fascism and global imperialism, there is no need to worry about what they say. Stupid articles like the one you quote just show how their standards are going downhill, fast. Good writers who are willing to sell out to the government go work for John Stewart or other more effective pieces of propaganda. The ones left in the dying newspapers are laughably incompetent at even the basic role of pretending not to be giant liars covering up a mountain of crimes and tyranny.
edit on 10/24/2014 by Nicorette because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
one wonders why a family that captured such profound images get sucked into court cases over property rights...instead of being praised for being at the right place at the right time, to document a murder in real-time. A real important murder.

The presidents' car came to a stop...

Why is that fact omitted?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
But why bring up the Ebola virus in particular?

I know this is out there..... But....

Could it be connected to the vail that went missing from the University of Texas research lab. Oh but don't worry, that only spreads through animals and rodents. It has the same symptoms and Ebola. Could the virus have "changed" to mimic Ebola? Could it be the reason the government in Spain euthanizing the dog of the patient who was infected. Buy the way, guess what research lab is looking for a cure for Ebola? In a news article in July, 2014, the researchers state (paraphrasing) there are not enough cases to warrant the pharmaceutical companies to financially back this research and are waiting for government funding.

Forgive me for not embedding sources. I have been away for a while and am still learning to navigate my I pad.

Btw S&F
edit on 24-10-2014 by nrthstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Conspiracy theorists just grasp in the dark. What really grinds my gears is when bringing up facts is labeled a theory like bringing up Nato support for alquaeda and later Isis.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111
Great point! That's kind of what I was trying to say earlier, too. They get defensive when the crap they're spewing isn't swallowed whole by everyone and then lash out.

This charade that passes as the free press or our fourth branch of government should question more, listen more, and blather less themselves.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

"Many conspiracy theorists pride themselves on having inside information, but in the case of Ebola, such alleged information, or misinformation — the government is in on it! — Can erode the public trust when it’s needed most."-New York times

Wow. The public trust has been eroded significantly since 9/11, but the current administration has gone far beyond erosion and has made the public question everything they say. Just the lies they`ve been caught in is embarrassing, such as Fast ^& furious, Benghazi, the IRS E-mails, Sandy Hook, Obama care, support for ISIS, the pre-election unemployment numbers, on and on and on. And while conspiracy theorists can be a thorn in the side for a habitually lying administration, mainly because they do the job of the now corrupt media and dig for the truth, the lack of public trust for the govt. Lies solely in their own laps.
Here is a very good video showing what the media has become and why the citizen investigator/reporter is needed now more than ever.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 25-10-2014 by fartsmeller46 because: more info

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
awww the NY TImes is defending their buddy the CDC. Isn't it so romantic?

Someone's got their panties in a knot over complaints the CDC director should resign for utter stupidity and moronic advice.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The New York Times worked hand in hand with the Ahmed Chalabi and the Bush administration to push the lie that is WMDs in Iraq to start the war that we are still dealing with today.

They participated in the creation of a conspiracy and they have the gall to denounce them.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: RockerDom
and some of the parts of planes found at the buildings aren't consistent with the planes that slammed into the buildings.

No, the parts were actually consistent with the type of planes that hit them.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
You know, there are other avenues to information. Mass media is a poor choice. Any news on MTV, or sprinkled throughout an episode of "Jersey Shore", should probably be ignored. Any news obtained from accredited elite media is likely true. But just for verification you can always double check through scientific databases. If it's something that you think a scientist, any scientist, anywhere in the world might be, or have been, interested in. Then check the scientific databases on the net and find some research papers on the topic (Google Scholar is a nice free one). I don't want to go into the safeguards of the research paper process but just to scratch the surface they are compiled usually by a team of PhD's and post doc's with tenured positions at their institutions and then peer reviewed by unknown neutral third parties before publishing. In addition to this, the only way a scientific research paper is given any creedence is if it cites many other already published papers. So to paint the picture, lets say you think this particular team of 4 PhD's (Top level experts in their field) are lying to you in a paper. Forget about the fact that they're scientists and would never want to lie about their findings, also forget about the fact that external pressure is not an issue due to tenured positions. Let's just look at the paper trail. So their report is fraudulent... Ok... Let's say it's something they've done that's at the forefront of science. Checking these papers is difficult but not impossible if you're scientifically minded. Just read the methods section, check their calculations and verify for yourself that it's correct. On the other hand, if it is not cutting edge science, then they used data and findings from previous works. So if they cited 150 research papers for any data and findings they used, then obviously these 150 papers are fraudulent as well. But hold on, each of those papers cited 150 papers as well. So now we're at 22 501 falsified papers, and that's just the first step. If those papers are fake, then so must be their citations. So now we're at 3 375 001 falsified scientific documents. And this is only step 2.... Anyone who believes falsified research papers are common place, due to big business or governments, doesn't understand science or its principles. Not to mention all future scientists would be basing their work on fraudulent material. a reply to: ~Lucidity

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DMan1001

What's Jersey Shore?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The New York Times is a daily newsprint of conspiracy theory's ! I think this forum and it's users are more tenacious in fact finding than the old grey lady. This site is more "real" news than NYT, people here look for tangible proof, discuss, counter and rebuttals, and see all angles of a topic, unlike NYT feeding you what they (govt or corporation or even writers personal belief) want you to believe with no room for discussion, counter and rebuttals , just "this is the way it is cause were a 100 years old and we said so"

Doesn't that make, that The real conspiracy, is that NYT is just a mouth piece for our government.

Why did they stop asking the hard questions to politicians ? Or why did they stop asking questions real people like you and I want to know?

How disconnected these writers are from reality.
that's truly frightening.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join