It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin: USA 'shaped the world' according to its interests

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I think its pretty clear what the US SOP is and has been. We continue to push our control and corporate ownership further and further across the globe. Whenever someone resists, we try to destabilize them/instigate a coup, and if we fail that we claim that they are terrorists and have dictators, regardless of their support by their people or the increases in living standards that they have attained, usually through using the profits from their natural resources to give their people free education and healthcare. For some reason that last bit infuriates us to no end. Qaddafi was just about to receive international recognition for human rights and progress right up to the point we invaded, killed him by anal knife rape (video taped horribly), and turned his country into a hotbed of civil war and Islamic extremism. You can judge a tree by its fruit, you can judge a society by how it treats its criminals and poor, and you can judge a nation by the results of their actions.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

The USSR / Russia did in fact invade Afghanistan.
The USSR / Russia did in fact install a puppet regime in Afghanistan.
The USSR / Russia did in fact lie to the families on how their children died - from lies to secret funerals. Have you ever wondered why Russia has mother groups that solely deal with the military? Its because of the government action in Afghanistan. They are using the very same playbook in Ukraine and this time around Russian citizens aren't buying the bs.

The US did supply weapons and aid to the Muhajadeen, which at that point in time included Osama Bin Laden.
When Russia / USSR withdrew, the US began winding down our assistance.
Muhajadeen groups then started fighting each other for control of Afghanistan.

Bin Laden wanted the US to support his groups with arms, assistance and money.
The US refused.

Bin Laden had a temper tantrum and decided to go down the road he did.

History lesson for you is now over with.

class dismissed.

edit on 25-10-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra You stating something doesn't make it so. The US did, in fact, foment a war in Afghanistan in order to embroil Russia in a quagmire. See, I can do that too. Further, the US had promised the mujahedeen that we would support them in taking over Afghanistan after Russia lost. Like so many other times, we lied, and pulled out all support afterwards, leaving our erstwhile allies to get crushed in the aftermath, at which point they "had a temper tantrum...." and so on. Strange that, cant imagine how such a thing might make an armed and dangerous group bitter towards the US, or end up in blowback. Just saying.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
another thing.....why do people keep harping on "Russia lies to mothers about how their kids die in war"? What is that all about? You act like that's a huge talking point. May as well say "The Russian government does human experimentation on their soldiers", or "the Russian government penalizes soldiers who refuse to fight", point being, these are all things we do as well. We always lie and cover up when it is friendly fire, ala Pat Tillman. We lie to our soldiers dying from cancer due to toxic exposures from our weapons. We lie to soldiers about things we intentionally have done to them for research, time and again, and give them a psychological discharge and refuse to give them proper treatment. We lie to soldiers and families all the time. If you are going to make accusations against other nations actions, at least choose ones that we don't participate in as well....there's a word for that, and it sounds kinda like the oath doctors take.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

I read the whole speach and I agreed with every word. I pray that Mr. Putin is the champion for a peaceful world revolution that he claims to be.
edit on 25-10-2014 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Once again you continued to ignore what i stated in my earlier statement.

The USSR / Russia did in fact invade Afghanistan. The USSR / Russia did in fact install a puppet regime in Afghanistan. The USSR / Russia did in fact lie to the families on how their children died - from lies to secret funerals.

America invaded Afghanistan twice.
1980s. By creating and arming the Mujahideen.

The USSR / Russia did in fact install a puppet regime in Afghanistan.
That same government in Afghanistan. Gave Women more women rights then the western/American puppet regime in Afghanistan that Reagen installed.

The Bush/Reagen.. America did in fact lie to the families on how their children died

There you go fixed those lines for ya.

Here's a little nice Documentary but again i doubt you will care.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

We did that because the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan. just like Afghanistan the Russian government lied to its people about how its troops were killed, telling them it was training accidents up to secret funerals and lies to the family.

The exact same thing Putin is doing in Ukraine.

I had a feeling when you would show up to defend your country's failing foreign policy and the American government in practical.

We did that because the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan.

No. The Soviet Union was an excuse to arm the mujahideen through by the Saudis and other gulf regime states in order so they can spread there agenda in east Asia.

During the 1980s your American government lied to the American people that fighters in Afghanistan were rebels or moderates.

Are also you going to claim that bin laden as a hero?

You know thanks to your government Radical Islam wouldn't had never spread if your country didn't arm the peaceful rebels in Afghanistan, 9/11 would never had happened.

The exact same thing Putin is doing in Ukraine.

Yet What America/NATO is doing in Ukraine is all in the name of security? dont make me laugh. For someone whom has being defending the Nazis of ukraine.

edit on 25-10-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: crazyewok

So yeah you can wave the flag and chant "USA USA USA!" but being ....

What the hell are you going on about there?

Let me know when I actually post something worthy of your reply that's that over the top jingoist.

I love how some people project their own perceived prejudiced opinion of how they believe a person is onto them *Which is quite popular and widespread here lately* instead of replying to what the other person actually posts.

If you do not notice that you only post on these topics to remind people of the USA moral high ground, and that it is a fact written into DNA that this is and always *JUST IS*, then, well, ATS does NOT rock.

Trying to say everyone is equally bad in rhetoric is laughable, and doublespeak... and kneejerk.

To say that one gets the feeling that Americans are politically hamstrung is painfully obvious, and they will not even admit they have been THE ones they are always warning everyone else to watch out for.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

LoL what history, and what are you talking about in Ukraine.

Seems the only history you get is what is spoonfed to you, oh and btw anyone who believes the 9/11 fairy tale as gospel is beyond help.

You actually want these things to be true, so you can have things to manifest your hatred towards, we know.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: intrptr

Russia is protecting its "interests" along its border

Fair enough. Which goes hand in hand with what almost everybody you've argued with have been saying.

This threads title according to your logic could just have easily read....

'Putin shapes neighboring countries according to its interests'

The big and GLARING difference is, you would not come along in the thread and claim that America was just as bad, and all that......

And that speaks volumes, and shows that USA is not EVER interested, as per policy and divine right, of ever changing the ways they think GOD gave them.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
The whole problem with lots of Americans seem to be they immediately try to point towards others as also being being accountable and by so marginalizing their own wrong doing. Well, it`s one way not to having to face reality and by so trying to maintain the whole "America is the greatest fallacy." My guess is, lots have build their sense of self-being build on that fallacy and are sure don`t want to let it go, because what`s left after that?

I haven't seen a SINGLE person in this thread express that sentiment. I've seen a bunch of people, myself included, who have tried to point out that Russia does the same things as the US, but I haven't seen anyone try to paint Russia and others with a black brush while saying "America is the greatest".

And we all can see the incredible disconnect that you have, since everyone here has expressly stated this is the case, and so have you.

Russia does NOT do the same things as the US, in any discernible amount, only the propaganda machines everyone is totally OWNED by tell you these things.

I can guarantee you this, all the countries around Russia are beginning to wake up, (the people I mean) and realize that Russia is a hell of a lot less scary than they are being told by the Americans who have been fear mongering and plaguing them on daily basis for over 20 years in this latest episode.

The news in all these countries runs the exact same stories from Fox and everything else, we can see that only one line of news is allowed in this world....

Poland with EXACTLY the same news, politicians all owned the same, and yet NONE of the people there feel as you think they do , about RUSSIA, and everyone in Germany that love travelling to Russia and all the ties that are being created all around the region, one of these days it will come to light that the ONLY media that actually has anything to say that is NOT corporate owned seems to be in RUSSIA.

Dam funny that these corporations scream and yell that Russias is state owned, I guess we need to go in there and make sure those days end too, cannot have any opposing views in this world!

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

What the hell does 9/11 have to do with this topic or for thta matter anything I posted?

please pay attention and remain on topic.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Sure you can...

but in the end the difference would be what I stated is based on fact and what you stated is not.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

ndeclared War: Putin's Covert Invasion of Eastern Ukraine

Russia: Prominent Rights Groups Targeted

What does Russia tell the mothers of soldiers killed in Ukraine? Not much.

Why is it a big deal? If you knew your history the same thing occurred when Russia / USSR invaded Afghanistan in the 1980's.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

The US did not invade Afghanistan. The US did not create the Muhajadeen.

The USSR invaded Afghanistan.
The Muhajadeen formed to counter the invasion.
The US supplied aid / supplies / weapons to the Muhajadeen.
When the Soviet were beaten the US stopped.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Excuse to arm?

Are you really stating the USSR had a right to invade Afghanistan and other countries had no right to arm the afghan people to repel the soviet invasion?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

And yet nations are still running away from Russia towards the EU / West / NATO.

Mission accomplished for Putin I would say.. Pushing those countries into the very situation Putin was bitching about.

Ironic.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Saying Russia invaded Georgia and Ukraine is the same as saying the us invaded France and Britain during wwII. The reason I use those examples is because I have to go that far back to find an example of a war where the us wasn't on the side of the oppressors. And you stating that your flawed and biased opinions are facts does not make them so.....it just makes you a shill

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Well, usually the one complaining about the lie is the biggest liar of all. It's actually RUSSIA that's trying to shape their part of the world in their interests.

The USA, like any empire before it, has also done the same thing. However, the Russians are equally as guilty.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Except in this case Russia did in fact invade Afghanistan, Georgia and Ukraine.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join