It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin: USA 'shaped the world' according to its interests

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

A decade of open war in the Middle East. You have no privacy left, our local police are militarized and Secret police rule the day. Its about the damn oil friend! We could give a rats ass about the people of Ukraine!

When Bush was first elected I heard the largest energy exporter by 2030 spiel. We are right on track, well as long as we can bump Russia out of the gas game in Europe! How much would you wager that an Atlantic pipeline will be the talk of the day very soon?

edit on 24-10-2014 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Vladimir Putin lashed out of the United States for destabilizing the world order of checks and balances for its own gains.

And Russia has never done this? Ever? In it's history? Ok, let's even say recent history. Two wrong don't make a right, but they sure do make you look like a hypocrite.
edit on 24-10-2014 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Donkey_Dean

Uhm ok... however my response to you was based on your incorrect assessment that Russia / Saudi stood in the way of the Us becoming energy independent.

your comment was without base and is not supported by anything.
Feel free to keep changing the conversation though...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Yeah, remember our dear friend Henry :

"It's easy to demonise Putin," – and he's not a Hitler

Always believe what the Western media is saying without doubting them.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Your right common sense is not a supporting argument. A quick Google search would clearly show the US's intent to become the largest energy exporter by 2030. I saw Bush himself talking about it on TV back in 2001, pre 911.

Maybe its just me, but everything seems to fall right in line with that goal. All the wars, the Ukraine all of it! If you don't play ball you will burn etc..

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

I believe in what I have learned via research. That research includes more than just western idea's and positions. Maybe we should research the Nazi-soviet Pact and see what was said about that agreement?

Now, your deflection aside, do you have anything on topic that refutes my position?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Sure.. but, again, removing Russia and Saudi Arabia is not a part of that and no amount of spin is going to get you out from under that comment that you made.

So, do you have anything at all that says Russia and Saudi are in the US way of energy independence? Or are you going to continue to run in circles by refusing to acknowledge you made the comment and now you cant support it?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra Your right friend! My thumb is stained brown and smells to high heaven as I have spent the last decade with my thumb up my ass!

If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck. I say its a duck!

You really believe we would combat terrorism by creating a million+ of the same?

Its so clearly about the Oil.
www.google.com...=us-largest-energy-exporter-by-2030

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Donkey_Dean
a reply to: Xcathdra Your right friend! My thumb is stained brown and smells to high heaven as I have spent the last decade with my thumb up my ass!

If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck. I say its a duck!

So your answer then would be no, you cant support the claim you made and your goal now is to run in circles to get out of being called out.

check....

got a link to your sources that show Russia and Saudi in the way of American energy independence?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

ll

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Donkey_Dean

What claim?

intentional ignorance for the loss.

Reread your posts then get back to me. that way you wont derail the thread anymore than you already have.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

One cannot be the worlds largest energy exporter if the markets are already dominated by others. That's common sense.

Any that don't play ball will not be the game much longer!

Just image the position the US would hold in the world.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

maybe you should read your own source -

Around 2030, however, Saudi Arabia is expected to be producing some 11.4 million barrels of oil per day, outpacing the 10.2 million from the U.S., the IEA report said. In 2035, U.S. production will slip to 9.2 million barrels per day, far behind the Middle Eastern nation's 12.3 million daily barrels. And by 2035 Iraq will have exceeded Russia to become the world's second-largest oil exporter.

At that point, inflation-adjusted oil prices will reach $125 a barrel. By then, however, the U.S. won't be relying much on foreign energy, according to the IEA report.

Globally, the energy economy will undergo a "sea change," the report said, with nearly 90% of Middle Eastern oil exports directed toward Asia by 2035.

So no Russia nor Saudi are "in the way".

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
What arrogant discussion you 'folks' have. Sound like you know the solution?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Ok, so since WWII the US has invaded or overthrown over 58 governments. And against that you put russias Georgia, Afghanistan, and Ukraine? Afghanistan's government begged Russian to come in. Georgia was an attack by sachasvilli against Ossetia, killing Russian troops, that they responded to afterwards. And if Russia had not intervened in Crimea, then it would look just like all the other parts of Ukraine with massacres happening. Thanks to Russia there was NOT A SINGLE PERSON KILLED IN CRIMEA. Doesn't sound much like an ANNEXATION to me. No, since the end of the cold war and before, russias actions aren't even on the same level as the US. And you try to put the boshevik revolution on them? It was an attempt by the same jewish oligarchy that runs the US to take over Russia....and US troops were on the ground in Moscow during that time as well.

The fact of the matter is that the US is working towards total global hegemony and domination....for its corporations and elite, not the people, and for all time. Its working to impose its new world order For the ruling class, By the ruling class, and to subjugate the whole world. Anyone who doesn't recognize this is naïve and living in a fantasy dreamworld. Stop spreading the disinfo. Russia doesn't have the rockefellers or rothschilds who are close to world domination. Regardless of what you say, I would rather have to fight the Russians for my freedoms than them any day.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

I am SHOCKED! SHOCKED I tells ya, that a person, group, or entity would act in its own interests. This has never happened in the history of ever!

Or maybe Putin is spouting sour grapes because he's no longer a member of the Soviet Union and no longer has the power to do the same.

Either way

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
According to its .... PRINCIPLES!!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: mymymy Guys, seriously. Yes, lets get it out of the way. Any reigning superpower or hegemony is going to work towards world domination, in a way that is brutal, inhumane, and against the best interests of the rest of the world. Does that mean that we should give a pass card to whoever happens to be in that position? No. Does that mean that we should just ignore the horrific things the US is doing, because any other superpower would do the same given the chance? Absolutely not. It is our job, as DECENT HUMAN BEINGS, to keep whoever the current reigning hegemony is in check. We are the US. Our government is trampling the human rights of people all over the world. This is a fact. To excuse it is to sacrifice your own humanity as well. And the futures of your children. We are recognized as the greatest threat facing the world today by the most recent polls and by a huge margin. We are the largest purveyors of terrorism in the world today. In a recently retracted MSM article, the US congress and president submitted a study to research why our funding of terrorist groups was not producing beneficial results. NOT IF IT WAS WRONG, OR IF WE SHOULD BE DOING IT, BUT HOW TO MAKE IT PRODUCE BETTER RESULTS FOR US. Come on. DEMAND humane and responsible actions from your government, whoever it may be. If Russia becomes pre-emininent, then we can be more critical of them. But in the meantime, don't just bury your head in the sand to what your own government is really doing, and the fact that it is truly WRONG on so many levels. Otherwise, all that blood is on your hands as well.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

Yes they are, but for him to say this like he wouldn't do the same thing is ridiculous.. that's like me blaming Peyton Manning for throwing touchdown passes to win games ( I'm a Peyton fan)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mymymybut he hasn't done it. So yes, In the meantime, it is the duty of all world leaders to shed light on us trampling of international law. You know we dang well point it out when it suits our interests and other people happen to do it. Or we just make it up.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join