It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin: USA 'shaped the world' according to its interests

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
Well what does one expect from a hegemonic superpower?

You`re justifying what US is doing in the world because that`s what a hegemonic superpower is supposed to do...?

If Russia was in the same position, it too would shape the structures of the world for its own benefits.

That`s is just pure speculation only based on your perceptive on how a hegemonic superpower needs to act in the world.

You can justify everything US does in the World because of your perceptive on a hegemonic superpower...

...but at the same time you make it clear US is doing rotten things in the world and is completely justified to do so.

There`s only one problem with it, there are also major parts the rest of the World not going along with it and they form a world superpower on its own with the big risk of it all going into flames. The neocons should realize a major part of the rest of the World isn`t playing along with them and because of that they endanger the whole World with their deluded idea of how big their power actual is...

...and that`s what Putin and many others are warning about over and over again...

...the only way out of that mess it`s creating is if the neocons stop doing it and come to grasps with reality about them not being powerful enough and making things worse and worse...

So yes, the ball is at Washington and they are the ones who should stop with their policies, now they are simply driving things to the an inevitable outcome...it`s time Washington starts to work with the World instead of trying to dictate their dogmas on it based on a false pretext of it being the Worlds only superpower (yes, combined there is another superpower in this world).

edit on 24-10-2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You appear to have an ax to grind with the United States, but are giving a free pass to countries that are MUCH worse in propaganda. In other words, substituting one lie for another one.

Talk is cheap. I don't care what the liars are sayingas much as what they are doing and covering it up with lies.

I can't stop the bombs from falling but I can expose the truth about the lies behind why they are dong it.

I'm not grinding axes, The US government is. Nice switch.

edit on 24-10-2014 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Regardless of his other ideals the truth is the truth. Even if you don't like the man doesn't make it not true.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Hellas

Though the same could be said for Russia.

Oh Really?

When did Russia shape the world according to its interests? When did they fund ISIS, the Taliban, Al-Qaeda etc.? Or bring 'Democracy' to countries rich in oil and other various natural resources?

I see their fear mongering got to you badly.

The AK47 is the symbol of exported military might the world over, shaped quite a few things in this here world.
Check out Iran's arsenal. Oh what was it that Russia had to take back out of Syria.....those pesky chemical weapons nah they don't mean anything lol. Castro did it all by himself too I would hazard a guess if RT standards apply. Invading Afghanistan was a peaceful gesture I suppose and the consequences are all on the West for defending them and causing Taliban and Al Qaeda to flourish.

What chemical weapons? The ones nobody found to have been used by the Syrian government? Educate yourself

Destruction_of_Syria's_chemical_weapons

OPCW began preliminary inspections of Syria's chemical weapons arsenal on 1 October 2013,[13] and actual destruction began on 6 October.[14] Under OPCW supervision Syrian military personnel began "destroying munitions such as missile warheads and aerial bombs and disabling mobile and static mixing and filling units."[14] The destruction of Syria's declared chemical weapons production, mixing, and filling equipment was successfully completed by 31 October deadline.[15] The destruction of the chemical weapons fell well behind schedule. The entire chemical weapons stockpile had been scheduled to be completely removed from the country by 6 February 2014.[16] Only on 23 June 2014, had Syria finished shipping the remaining declared chemicals. On 18 August 2014, all of the most toxic chemicals had been destroyed offshore. Western officials such as British Ambassador Mark Lyall Grant have expressed concerns about the completeness of Syria's disclosures, and believe the OPCW mission should remain in place following the removal of chemical weapons until verification tasks can be completed

edit on 24-10-2014 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

But there is no denying that Russia had violated the sovereignty of Ukraine…

Phooey. Russia is protecting its "interests" along its border from the meddlesome West.They are reacting to encroachment into Eastern Europe by the West (US, EU, -- NATO). They aren't "causing it" or "as guilty" or even "invading Ukraine" as the propaganda would have us believe.

I don't deny that Russia is defending their interests along their borders either.

Same as if Mexico was being subverted to Russian dominance.

But the Russians are not establishing bases, overthrowing governments, or placing Missile Shields in Mexico or Cuba or anywhere in the Western Hemisphere.

Weak argument to blame Russia or excuse recent events because "Russian does it", too. They aren't.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: sacgamer25
a reply to: Hellas

Dear Mr. Putin Putin, one day you will be given a chance to take down the two beasts of Babylon. I hope you are strong as you talk.

The age of Imperialism is over.

Russia is in lock step with NWO agenda.
Look at the Gorby Foundation here is their mission statement from their webpage

The XXI century will be a сentury either of total all-embracing crisis or of moral and spiritual healing that will reinvigorate humankind. It is my conviction that all of us - all reasonable political leaders, all spiritual and ideological movements, all faiths - must help in this transition to a triumph of humanism and justice, in making the XXI century a century of a new human renaissance

Source

Super Imperialism for your own good is around the corner.
The threat against humanity is perpetual all encompassing crisis.
Has Russia done it's duty by the Ukraine crisis? Ask the right questions and look what they say outright.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: intrptr

What the hell kind of claim does that make?

I was countering your claim that Russia "annexed" Crimea. I showed actually it was put to a vote in a Referendum. The propaganda in the main stream that you mirrored is the Russians "invaded" or "annexed" Crimea.

Russia annexed Crimea fair and square then afterwards had an 'election' to say 'See'

Which I countered with they have vital strategic interests there (the Black Fleet) and don't need to annex that which they already occupy militarily.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Russia is protecting its "interests" along its border

Fair enough. Which goes hand in hand with what almost everybody you've argued with have been saying.

This threads title according to your logic could just have easily read....

'Putin shapes neighboring countries according to its interests'

edit on 24-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

What the hell kind of claim does that make?

I was countering your claim that Russia "annexed" Crimea. I showed actually it was put to a vote in a Referendum. The propaganda in the main stream that you mirrored is the Russians "invaded" or "annexed" Crimea.

Russia annexed Crimea fair and square then afterwards had an 'election' to say 'See'

Which I countered with they have vital strategic interests there (the Black Fleet) and don't need to annex that which they already occupy militarily.

They gave Crimea back to the Ukraine years ago and were under agreement to lease the naval base, that was their legal way of retaining their fleet there. The annexation was not legal. Russia created the crisis with Putin's puppet in office pressuring the popular views so that they would revolt and remove him, this was the cause so that Putin could move to annex Crimea. Political chess.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
A lot of people towing the Russian line in here. That's a little disheartening.

Suppose I can't be too surprised. Some folks here tend to take any "The US Government is EVIL" line and run with it.

I won't deny the US Government has serious issues. Because it does. But this little dance between Russia and the United States has been playing out for years. One is always accusing the other of either misuse of power, espionage, funding terrorists, punching babies, etc.

Nobody's hands are clean in either power structure. RT will always tow the Russian agenda, and it always has. Just as our media here paints the US as the valiant protector of the meek, RT paints itself (right now) as the oppressed superpower just wanting to make sure everybody gets along! But dangit the US is being a big mean ol' bully!

In reality both are bullies, and they're showcasing their respective black eyes to try to make the audience take pity on them.

Not really news, Putin slams the US constantly, just as Obama slams Russia.
edit on 24-10-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Russia is protecting its "interests" along its border

Fair enough. Which goes hand in hand with just about what everybody you've argued with has been saying.

The title according to your logic could just have easily read....

'Putin shapes neighboring countries according to its interests'

Only difference is, Russia only wants neighbors who are not being Western puppets states, but the West wants actual Western puppet states all over the World and at Russia's borders.
edit on 24-10-2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Deflecting my point I see. I never claimed that the US government isn't doing anything wrong or that the media in this country isn't full of propaganda. I said that Russia's media is just as bad, if not worse than ours. You continue to ignore that point. That's why I am calling you out. In fact, you reinforce this belief for me every time you post and fail to acknowledge Russia's faults.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

You`re justifying what US is doing in the world because that`s what a hegemonic superpower is supposed to do...?

I'm saying that being a hegemonic superpower, it is only natural that the USA has wide reaching influence. This plays into the hand that being as influential and powerful as the USA is, it is only natural that it would shape the world's structures to suit its goals.

I
That`s is just pure speculation only based on your perceptive on how a hegemonic superpower needs to act in the world.

No.

Look towards history. Look at prior hegemonic superpowers. With such power, the hegemony do tend to hold wide influence, and they do tend to manipulate that power to their advantage. The USA has done it as a hegemonic superpower. I expect every other hegemon to do the same. whether that be Russia or any other state.

You can justify everything US does in the World because of your perceptive on a hegemonic superpower...

...but at the same time you make it clear US is doing rotten things in the world and is completely justified to do so.

The US is the global hegemon - a leader in the world. I'm not justifying anything. I'm stating that as the hegemon, the USA holds power that it uses to gain benefits. Every other state in its position would do the same.

I think you're trying to put words in my mouth.

There`s only one problem with it, there are also major parts the rest of the World not going along with it and they form a world superpower on its own with the big risk of it all going into flames. The neocons should realize a major part of the rest of the World isn`t playing along with them and because of that they endanger the whole World with their deluded idea of how big their power actual is...

It is a widely held belief in some international relations circles that a bilateral global political system with two superpowers is more stable than any other system. That having two competing superpowers ensures stability, rather than having one or multiple powers.

...and that`s what Putin and many others are warning about over and over again...

...the only way out of that mess it`s creating is if the neocons stop doing it and come to grasps with reality about them not being powerful enough and making things worse and worse...

So yes, the ball is at Washington and they are the ones who should stop with their policies, now they are simply driving things to the an inevitable outcome...it`s time Washington starts to work with the World instead of trying to dictate their dogmas on it based on a false pretext of it being the Worlds only superpower (yes, combined there is another superpower in this world).

Lets put it this way. If the USA ceases to be the hegemon, another power will take its place and enact its ideologies and policies on the world. If it's not the USA, it will be China. If it's not China, it will be Russia. If it's not Russia, it will be another country. You get my drift?

It's not that any one country may be using its powers for nefarious purposes (a subjective term). It's that any hegemonic country would use its powers to benefit itself in a global system.
edit on 24-10-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

[quote
They gave Crimea back to the Ukraine years ago
How can they "give it back" if its still occupied?

Thats like saying Iraq is independent because we "left there", which we didn't. I agree though, the announcement that Crimea was under Russia's wing was for show.

Message to the world: "Western Hegemony stops here."

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

Only difference is, Russia only wants neighbors who are not being Western puppets states, but the West wants actual Western puppet states all over the World and at Russia's borders.

Oh, ffs

Any Country that gets along with the US are simply US puppets.

Any Country that apposes Russia for any reason are simply US puppets.

I get it.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

This. So much this. I've been trying to say that from the beginning. But I guess the "United States is evil!" crowd are here in full force and don't want to hear it.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I said that Russia's media is just as bad, if not worse than ours. You continue to ignore that point. That's why I am calling you out.

Just for you: "Everyone does it" doesn't make it right.

You are saying everyone is conquering the world?

I am ignoring you though…

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

And eventually Russia, too.

Putin isn't stupid or blinded by western propaganda, he knows what "Democracy" really means.

Loss of independence and subjugation by the NWO.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I said that Russia's media is just as bad, if not worse than ours. You continue to ignore that point. That's why I am calling you out.

Just for you: "Everyone does it" doesn't make it right.

You are saying everyone is conquering the world?

No I am saying that everyone has dirty laundry. Just because one country's laundry may be dirtier than than another's doesn't mean you should ignore the cleaner laundry of the two.

I am ignoring you though…

Well more ignoring my points since you've responded to every single post I've made directed at you. But maybe if you were to actually NOT ignore some of my points, you'd understand my position better. Though I see it's hard to remain so convinced of your superiority here by being honest with the people you are speaking too.

Honestly, I doubt that you'll do that though as I'm pretty convinced you've already written me off as a government shill since you aren't taking me seriously.
edit on 24-10-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

I personally think, that the CIA analysis of Putin are basically correct ... although the US politics on the issue are totally of base.

This guy, could have stopped the conflict in Ukraine ... with a single "woff". And instead of using his power as a Nuclear nation, to avert war and conflict ...

He goes ahead and Play's "Saddam Hussein" ... a lot of empty words, in front of a worthless crowd, but no real backbone or action behind it.

Without actions, his words are just ... air out of an empty balloon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join