It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day UFOs Stopped Play in Tuscany

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Ahhhh the old military exercises explanation.

Yup, I almost typed wait for it, in my first post, as the chaff was sited….and so I expected this to follow, naturally. S'why I brought up blue beam, above.

There may be other explanations, as well. We are, on other threads, discussing the meaning of all matter presently, so it's rather more complicated than one explanation. Occam's razor is misused often.

Sorry OP, no disrespect intended, but one off topic aside to IShotMyLastMuse: I am dying for you to make a thread on your member name…lol…it would be great.

ehehe very true, the military exercise felt funny too, might as well cal them weather balloons, but this is what they say officially, so we have to work with that too. Like someone else said, you'd think that with thousands of eye witnesses, at least a few would have enough military background to recognize and dismiss it.
As for my username, who knows, maybe one day i'll tell you a story

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: NoNameNeeded

My "expertise" is just from real experience of exactly the above mentioned angel hair. It's real and is emitted by motherships on departure, I've been told it's when they depart to another dimension.

The reason I don't believe "they" are behind it is simple. Did "they " have this Bluebeam tech 2,000 years ago when the Bible talked of exactly the same angel hair?

But how can you know your experience was even "real"? Did you touch the ship? Did you feel the cold metal (or whatever material) against your hand? Or did you see something and notice the hairs? I'm failing to see what experience you had that could make you draw the conclusion that there is no way its not a solid object up there.

I'm sorry as I find it hard to take accounts from the bible as evidence for anything, knowing the history of the book. I'm no bible scoffer, far from it, but I don't see how ancient texts can be proof of anything. I have a hard time believing paintings that supposedly represent aliens, let alone texts...

Possibly we could agree on the fact that the angel hairs are a natural phenomenon of some kind that go along with certain events, but I cant simply agree this event is aliens in the sky. We don't even know if the angel hair from the past is what we're referring to in this case..

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Nice one mate, a fresh case that’s only been posted a couple of times and way, way back. 1954 is one of those periods of time I’d love to visit. The music I could live with until ‘55, the clothes were cool and the movies weren’t bad either. The best thing would be actually seeing what started the incredible ‘Wave of ’54.’ Literally hundreds of reports spreading out across southern England, throughout rural France and across the Mediterranean basin of Italy and Spain.

Physical crafts landing with a menagerie of critters! Humanoid encounters! Radar cases too!

What triggered all those reports…or who? Where did the stimulus go?

I can accept the possibility of chaff if we could make a case for an aircraft discharging it over the stadium in peacetime Italy. Likewise, we’d also need to explain why the descriptions of whatever fell are entirely unlike aluminium or string. The spider thread angle is always intriguing and yet what species of urban spider exists in such numbers as to create visible clumps of web that drift down from reportedly high altitudes? Witnesses apparently reported a ‘dust’ on their clothing which conflicts with the ‘angel hair’ claims. Altogether, a confounding series of reports.

There’s a growing head of steam behind the POH (psychological operations hypothesis) and, early next year, the UFO world will be promoting the CIA as being responsible for much of the 1954 Wave. I’ll wait and see with suspended judgement. Nevertheless, these alleged incidents could conceivably be ‘staged’ by an organised group with the will and the manpower. The question then arises of why would they bother? Another question: Could one organisation ‘stage’ several hundred of these land, sea and air encounters across Western Europe? I’m not sold and plan to go back and re-read the old ’54 reports.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Thanks so much, thats it. Explained away? Now I can study it in more detaii,

I remember it being on the news later and the shots being much longer in duration. That bit was edited.

I recall they were hovering at one point.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Could it have been this one? Although your location differs, your description is pretty close to these objects. They were highly likely (99.9%) to have been balloon kites in this video.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

a reply to: Kandinsky

Terrestrial my ass…

edit on 24-10-2014 by intrptr because: added reply

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

They were highly likely (99.9%) to have been balloon kites in this video.

Okay, except have we these kites appearing in stores and being filmed across the nation?

Even now they would make good YouTubes…

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Angel hair is real, notv a chaff as someone said, it falls very slowly like the rate of snow in no wind and dissolves on contact with the ground. Weird stuff.

I know where you're coming from about whether these things are real or not, they might be projecting them and using some of us as tests for a full fledged imaginary invasion. Don't believe that really. Then again what the heck is real? What is really going on? God only knows?

a reply to: NoNameNeeded

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Nice post Gortex. This is a fascinating case, one that I heard of before but haven't looked into that much. We need to check out Florence and its relationship to the Planet Earth Energy Grid System, maybe it is on a major energy line (ufo super highway)....

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Hey Kandinsky cheers mate , yeah the 50s UFO wave still holds my interest and may still hold the key to the whole subject , the likelihood is that modern Ufology is rooted in cold war shenanigans and all we're doing today is chasing shadows and false clues left by paranoid military agencies of the time , an art of deception that is no doubt still being played out and perpetuated by said agencies.

Alternatively the possibility remains that we have been visited in the past and will be again in the future , with the more interesting reports we have being true and accurate tales of encounters with extraterrestrial craft , I'd like to believe the latter but I feel it likely the former is more probable.

As for the Tuscany incident I too find it difficult to believe that so many people couldn't identify terrestrial aircraft and that exercises involving military ordinance would be conducted so close to a populated area that fall out from it would be allowed to fall onto that area , it is of course the most likely explanation and perhaps standards of that time were different to today but I would need more substantial evidence to be convinced of the military explanation.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

And what's up with the Virgin Mary being correlated with sightings of UFOs….

there's the fatima case:

link

"...According to the very words of the Reverend General Vicar of
Leiria, who was one of the witnesses, the lady came in an 'aeroplane
of light,' an 'immense globe, flying westwards, at moderate speed. It
irradiated a very bright light.' Some other witnesses saw a white
being coming out of the globe, which several minutes later took off,
disappearing in the direction of the sun."

there was also 'angel hair' reported in the case:

link

There have been many reports of falls of angel hair around the world.

Angel hair was reported during the 1561 celestial phenomenon over Nuremberg[10] and also at the Miracle at Fatima on the 13th of September and October 1917

incidentally, it also predates the founding of the cia by a margin

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

More interested in that footage. Remember which Super Bowl?

No, sorry. The best I can do is that window of time I already provided above: 1979-1982, though now I might even revise that to include as much as two years on the low end….

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: aynock
Yeah, my question was meant as rather rhetorical and humorous, as I am aware of those, but thanks anyway.
As for the CIA, that's rather meaningless, as the United States has had in place such an agency before it was called the CIA. It was called the OSS, prior.

edit on 24-10-2014 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Oh, further up the page. And my post below Kadinskys…

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

the oss was formed during ww2, long after the fatima incident

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: aynock
sorry I'm not an ascriber to strict "time" definitions, any longer. I think we've been redoing time, in fact, so as to make a whole new thing true that isn't/wasn't, to escape what we've done with truth, over and over…..and perhaps justify doing that same thing all over again. Someday that will stop, and get to live forward, new life. I call it, atually someone else who told me this, the time con.

But then, who am I? A lot, almost everything, in fact, in these times make very little sense to me.
But I wouldn't say that without a lot of research to back the claim up, though this thread isn't the place for it.

another ETA: actually duh, i just realized maybe this is the place for it, cause if it were true, what might that mean to making it seem all UFOs were actually military exercises…..now

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Hey Kandinsky cheers mate , yeah the 50s UFO wave still holds my interest and may still hold the key to the whole subject , the likelihood is that modern Ufology is rooted in cold war shenanigans and all we're doing today is chasing shadows and false clues left by paranoid military agencies of the time , an art of deception that is no doubt still being played out and perpetuated by said agencies.

Undoubtedly. It's also possible that ufology is on the cusp of entering a new age in terms of which explanation becomes prominent. Historically, it's been angels, demons, faeries, misperceptions, hoaxers, extraterrestrials and nitwits etc.

The subject has practically flat-lined in recent years and might be about to have a pulse through a shift in perception towards the POH. It'll still be reliant on retrospection and reframing the classic cases imo. Time will tell.

a reply to: intrptr

I'm not in the habit of making outlandish claims. The objects in the video were shown to be kite balloons and even the guy flying them was identified. The 99.9% allows for a small degree of uncertainty.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

The subject has practically flat-lined in recent years and might be about to have a pulse through a shift in perception towards the POH. It'll still be reliant on retrospection and reframing the classic cases imo. Time will tell.

i think you're probably right - do you think there will be much debate about the source of the operations?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
S+F Great story! Seems legit...Nothing in the article about hearing a sound from the UFO either...Unbelievable the players stopped play to observe as well...

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Gortex always thought this was a very interesting one mate but according to Ex USAF employee and CSICOP 'debunker' James McGaha the mass UFO sighting at Fiorentina's stadium was actually caused by 'spiders'.

James McGaha, astronomer and director of the Grasslands Observatory in Tucson, Arizona, comments, “When I looked at this case originally I thought perhaps it was a fireball, a very bright meteor breaking up in the atmosphere. They can be cigar-shaped with pieces breaking off. But it became fairly apparent that this was actually caused by young spiders spinning webs, very, very thin webs.” He explains that migrating spiders “use these webs as sails and they link together and you get a big glob of this stuff in the sky and the spiders ride on this to move between locations.”

McGaha is a noted skeptic who relishes the opportunity to explain away any and all UFO sightings, because, after all, the “UFO phenomenon is nothing but myth, magic and superstition,” according to him.

Pinotti disagrees with the spider theory for a variety of reasons. He points to the analysis done on the “angel hair.” The BBC points out, “Spider silk is a protein – an organic compound containing nitrogen, calcium, hydrogen and oxygen – not the elements reportedly found in the samples.” Philip Ball, a science writer and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry, agrees that the spider theory is thin. “Magnesium and calcium are fairly common elements in living bodies, boron and silicon much less so – but if these were the main elements that the white fluff contained, it doesn’t sound to me as though they’d come from spiders,” he explains.

Oh. And then there were the 10,000 witnesses who watched the UFO(s) “moving very fast and then they just stopped.”
It’s unlikely that this sixty-year-old mass UFO sighting mystery will ever be definitively solved. And, based on witness testimony and scientific analysis, it’s also unlikely that spiders are a realistic possibility.

Link

NB - This is the same guy who believes the Trumbull County Police UFO case from Ohio on December 14, 1994 was caused by 'twinkling stars'.

The Trumbull County, Ohio UFO Incident of December 14, 1994

Other threads:

The day UFOs hovered over Fiorentina's Stadio Artemio Franchi

Detailed Ufo case: Florence, Italy 1954

Cheers.

<< 1    3 >>

join