It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG James Spader is Ultron!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
OMG holy frick!!! Just watched the sneak peek trailer they have released for the new Avengers movie 'Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ulton'

Here is the trailer:

After my fiance and I finish watching the trailer he points out that Ultron is voiced by James Spader. (we adore him as an actor, especially in 'The BlackList') I had to play it again and I was shocked I didn't recognize the voice the first time.

Needless to say after watching the trailer for the movie, I can't fricken wait for the movie!!!!!! I grew up watching the old Adam West Batman cartoons and didn't really care for any other superhero. It wasn't until I saw the trailer for X-Men 2 that I decided to give superheros a try. I love the X-Men movies (haven't seen the most recent one), I like the Iron Man movies, The Avengers movies weren't too bad and same with the two Captain America movies and the two Thor movies.

I never realized growing up how intricate the Marvel Universe was and how huge it was. I thought Marvel comics were more a less like Peanuts comics (again, didn't really have any interest in superheros so I had no idea about the Marvel Universe)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Super HOT! I think I've made my shameless attraction to Spader quite apparent after discovering The Blacklist.

How Did I Not Know Such Sexiness Existed?

There are few better than he IMO. this is a movie that I would not have watched at all...

Now I will. Maybe multiple times.

edit on 10/24/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I will make sure I am feeling good enough to go see that in 3D, maybe even IMAX 3D (have to travel to a different town for IMAX), even if that means being hopped up on pain killers and on a liquid diet for the day.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
i have to ask...isn't anyone getting a bit sick of all these superheroes movies?
sure they are fun, but really, there is never a sense of danger, of risk, you know nothing really bad can happen, aside form a superhero saying that he will retire...just to come back in the next movie anyway.
They might be entertaining but it's a rinse and repeat formula, you are just watching people in different costumes saving the world form destruction over and over again.
But it's cool to see that the stargate actor is doing well.
i don't care what people say stargate is one of my guilty pleasure movies

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Normally I would agree with you 100%. But this one has Spader in it soooo... Your argument is invalid.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Hulk vs Iron Man in his Hulk buster armour?. I'd pre-order my ticket now if I could

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
DO NOT TRY TO TURN THE AVENGERS INTO A CHICK FLICK... JUST DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This movie is going to break the awesome-meter and I don't want to spend the entire time watching it picturing James Spader in my head!!!

D'oh.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

The wife has always had a 'big thing' about James Spader (which I choose to ignore) but like you, neither of us recognized his voice.

He is among a likst of quirky actors I quietly enjoy watching, Rutger Hauer was another very much of the same quirk.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

That was announced weeks back... but it's still awesome, I've always been a fan of James.. and he's a badass on Blacklist so he's finally getting the recognition he's deserved

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
The Avengers: Age of Reddington

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

That's funny... That's the ONLY way that I want to watch it.

Of course my boat probably floats differently than yours.

a reply to: miniatus

I agree completely. I had no idea exactly how awesome he was until his role as Raymond Reddington. He blew me away instantly.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
a reply to: Hefficide

That's funny... That's the ONLY way that I want to watch it.

Of course my boat probably floats differently than yours.

I agree completely. I had no idea exactly how awesome he was until his role as Raymond Reddington. He blew me away instantly.

It's funny because until Blacklist he never really played a badass/villainy type character that I know of except for the film Wolf... if you've not seen that, it's worth checking out.. He's definitely changed big time over the years...
Wolf is pretty good.. Jack Nicholson and James Spader go head to head as werewolves.. only James has a full head of hair in this one

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
So I'm sure you've seen " 2 days in the valley " one of my favorites, spader has a great role in it. You'll never take the time span of a minute 60 simple seconds, the same again, I promise.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I'm adding that to my watch list right now. Thanks!

a reply to: Hocus-Focus

I'm adding yours to my watch list as well.
Thank you for recommending it.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Funny how marvel keeps making great superhero movies and dc keeps making turds.
I know the dark knight movies were good but the superman ones were awful.
But I think this type of movie is on the way out.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I didn't recognize the name but as soon as I saw his picture I knew exactly who Rutger Hauer is. My fiance said "Lead Vampire in the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer". He is so good at remembering what people are, recognizing faces & voices.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

The part that really stuck out of the whole trailer to me was the tiny bit at the end where you see Ultron's face and he says "There are no strings on me."

Then you realise that's Spader's motion capture, his face and voice right there.

It looks so damn creepy and cool all at once...

He even said Ultron is like some psychopathic badass himself, so if that little tidbit is just a taste of how he will be in the movie, it's gonna wreck the curve, even for Marvel movies, which have been pretty damn awesome so far.

May can't come soon enough IMO.

edit on 27/10/2014 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 74Templar

I didn't realize that. Must watch the trailer again.

I can't wait to see this too!!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Yet another good reason to watch this movie.

I've been waiting for it for quite some time, but this is just the cherry on the top.

And Heff shouldn't worry.
It's not going to be a chick flick, just a super cool movie with really handsome super heroes, and James Spader as a bonus.

SnF
Thanks for sharing the good news and the trailer.

edit on 27/10/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: Because James Spader

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I missed hearing about it too. I don't have tv some I don't always know what movies are coming out and who's staring in them.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join