It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are we allowed to say and talk about regarding drugs?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Thats all very well and good but the same rules seem to still be applying now, even after certain states and countries have legalised - hence why I have stated we need clarification instead of wondering where the line is and walking on eggshells for fear of being moderated and banned.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: RayVon

Man!! How did I know somebody was gonna say that..

Because its true lol

You obviously have no idea what a drug is and even when presented with the facts you dont seem to want to know. If its extracted from plants or synthesized through a chemical process makes no difference, its still a drug.

coz we all know pill's,raps hang on trees don't we.

A pill isnt a drug, its an object. It may contain drugs ...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD

You obviously have no idea what a drug is and even when presented with the facts you dont seem to want to know. If its extracted from plants or synthesized through a chemical process makes no difference, its still a drug.

By that rationale we should ban any form of food and drink that isn't 'chemically synthesized' for fear that it is a drug. So, henceforth, I ask that all moderators ban anyone who mentions the consumption of foods and drinks.

Just saying

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
It is in the specifics.

Yes there is a legitimate discussion regarding therapeutics and medicinal treatments.

On the flip side - you get the stoners ...in a fog,; touting nonsense on a forum that we all know -
demands and commands decorum and standards.

That is a massive bonus on the web in the current loosening of morals !

Legitimacy - based on proven studies - hell yeah !

Stoners rants or recommendations ?

Not a good fit .

2c ....

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

On the flip side - you get the stoners ...in a fog,; touting nonsense on a forum that we all know -
demands and commands decorum and standards.

Stoners rants or recommendations ?

You're assuming that all 'stoners' live in a fog and talk nonsense most of the time. This would be an incorrect assumption.

A small minority, yes. All of them? No. This is from my extensive experience.

link   
a reply to: WildCatWilly

They pretty much already do that. I've posted many marijuana related threads since they relaxed the standards and make it a point NEVER to discuss personal usage. Yet there are people in every one of those threads who does talk about personal usage, but the mods do a good job and remove the posts without closing the threads down.

link   
a reply to: Kryties

Food is excluded from the category of drugs. Though posts about opium soup or coc aine tea would probably be removed from here lol

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Well since personal usage discussion isn't allowed, there are probably "stoners ...in a fog" touting nonsense on topics that aren't even about drugs, but you don't know that they are high. In other words, stop judging people.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well since personal usage discussion isn't allowed, there are probably "stoners ...in a fog" touting nonsense on topics that aren't even about drugs, but you don't know that they are high. In other words, stop judging people.

What he said

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

No. No blanket statement.

But - you will agree - that particular demographic would/does/ and will,
lower the tone ....

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

No. No blanket statement.

But - you will agree - that particular demographic would/does/ and will,
lower the tone ....

Just like a 'particular demographic' of Muslims 'would/does/ and will lower the tone' of all Muslims worldwide?

I don't buy either of them. It's just judgmental nonsense twisted to sound intelligent and reasonable.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Not judgmental at all.

Stating facts.

There is a very good reason that this regulation is in place.

I can not give you the demographic, however ... with morals slipping and the age of - " do as you please as there are no consequences " coming home to roost.

Do the math.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It seems to change with the wind .

Thats the truth of it and I can understand not wanting to promote drug use because there ARE down sides.
With some harder drugs there are and is no up side my friends.
True statement folks.
edit on 24-10-2014 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

Hence the need for official clarification. Obviously nobody wants ATS to allow people to advocate heroin/meth/hard drug usage but Cannabis is a whole different kettle of fish.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Bad analogy mate.

Most of them are.

Would you put your hand up for your kids right to get involved in this, mostly "illegal" activity " ?

Which carries a death sentence - if caught in certain countries - Regardless of age.

ETA: Do you advocate ATS being a party to such ?

Of course not.

As I said ... do the math.

No disrespect mate !
edit on 24-10-2014 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Morals slipping? Marijuana and drugs at large have only been illegal for some 70 years or so. Meanwhile, they were legal for THOUSANDS of years before that. What are you talking about with morals? Just because they've been considered "immoral" for as long as you've been alive, DOESN'T mean that is the norm.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Bad analogy mate.

Most of them are.

Wow. Just....wow.

"Cheech and Chong" are fictional movies mate, just FYI.

Would you put your hand up for your kids right to get involved in this, mostly "illegal" activity " ?

Here I was thinking you were somewhat intelligent, then you go and try to paint me as someone who advocates kids taking drugs. You are throwing mud and hoping some of it will stick. Could you sink any lower?

Poor form, mate.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Re-read the OP mate ...

This is from where the problem stems.

You are getting off topic and going into verboten grounds.

Read back through the thread, I think 10th. summed it up from an admin perspective.

^That pretty much sums it up for me ...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

You have taken me the wrong way mate.

I was trying to stay on topic.

It was a point that I surely did not mean personally!

Try and see the context I was aiming at ( albeit a fail lol ! ).

That is the issue - context.

ATS has eased it's hard ball stance on this ... I say don't stem the flow.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

A pill isnt a drug, its an object. It may contain drugs ...

O dear!!!

I'll leave this here and just walk on as you clearly don't understand anything about drugs.

I don't take my information from Wiki.

I'l have too keep a eye on your post from now on coz Trolls are a waste of my time on here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join