It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1992 Presidential Debate, Perot, Clinton, Bush

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

It's crazy how relative these debates are to our current pariah isn't it?

First off, let me ask you, HOW DID PEROT LOSE! God I wish this guy was running now I'd be motivated to get votes.

But also, it's almost like these debates are exactly what the scripts are calling for. Look at how transparent their positions are now... Look at how scripted the entire event is and compare the discussion to today's political discussion...

Odd right?

Oh don't miss the New World Order part... It's long and they love it!
edit on 10/24/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
This debate is a conspiracy theorist wet dream.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I've always felt either Perot was running to divide the voters, or he was seriously threatened if he didn't drop out.

I'm pretty sure he would have won by a landslide. Now, he's like Pat Paulson....just a faint, distant memory.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Ross didn't lose he quit because he claimed that they were going to spread rumors and sabatoge his daughters wedding.

I believe that he jumped into the game to help clinton.
edit on 24-10-2014 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I remember this and how Perot caught my imagination in so many ways. Can't wait to watch it again now in light of history. Good call. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

So you think he helped Clinton and that was part of the plan?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

So you think he helped Clinton and that was part of the plan?

Yes that is what I beleive.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Interesting I'll have to watch with that perspective.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Interesting I'll have to watch with that perspective.

Could be. I'll keep it in mind too.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

The democrat republican lines are played out very well.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

there is some interesting reads about how parinoid he was, pretty interesting reads.

news.google.com...,6702482

Just a small example.
edit on 24-10-2014 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Have any links?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
I've always felt either Perot was running to divide the voters, or he was seriously threatened if he didn't drop out.

I'm pretty sure he would have won by a landslide. Now, he's like Pat Paulson....just a faint, distant memory.

I agree with both.

Folks who knew him at the time have made mention that he got extremely paranoid.

Perot was no small government guy, though. He was, for most of my youth, among the most hated men in Texas for some of the education "reforms" he helped push through. He was quite the player in Texas politics while I was growing up.

He could have been just trying to tank Bush, Sr. This wouldn't shock me in the least.

He could have been threatened into dropping out (by Bush, Sr). This also wouldn't surprise me.

And he could have used the paranoia bit as his exit.

But we never heard from him again, really. You don't get that kind of quiet from a guy by threatening his life. You get that by threatening his reputation. So there must be some really, good, juicy gossip on Perot if he was pushed out.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I never thought about Perot being threatened. I was still kinda young and thought everybody was "good".

I always just assumed he lost in the election, never realized he dropped out.

I do remember part of the debate his VP candidate had. That Admiral guy that talked about living in a new society on an island. Seemed a little bit kooky.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Amazing the level of intelligence invoked by each candidate, which has spiralled downward each election it seems. By the time old man Bush's son took the podium, it didnt even resemble a debate, and by the time of Obama et al, it's more like kids throwing insults on the playground.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I still believe that Perot is the reason bush sr didn't win a second term. Perot got nearly 20 million votes in 1992 and the majority of those would have been republican votes. Third party candidates always hurt the GOP.
That was the first election I could vote in, damn I'm getting old.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

He dropped out, rejoined, then dropped out again (if i recall correctly)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Wife and I just watched this. We were both 4 years old when this happened. Amazing how things have changed.

Perot had some great points. I remember, growing up, how TV would lampoon him constantly. Not just Dana Carvey's SNL skits, but even kids cartoons made fun of him. To be fair, they did the same with Clinton.

Clinton gave a great presentation, it's easy to see why he got elected.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: tinner07

He dropped out, rejoined, then dropped out again (if i recall correctly)

He didn't drop out again. He was on all state ballots. I voted for him.

He dropped out in July 1992 amid controversy, but reentered in October, and surpassed the 15% polling threshold to reach his goal of participating in all three presidential debates. Despite an aggressive use of campaign infomercials on prime time network television, his polling numbers never fully recovered from his initial exit. On Election Day, Perot appeared on every state ballot as a result of the earlier draft efforts. He won several counties and finished in third place, receiving close to 19 percent of the popular vote, the most won by a third-party presidential candidate since Theodore Roosevelt in 1912.

Source

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
i'm glad ross didn't become the boss.
although he was right about some of the economic problems that the country faced and some of his plans/thoughts on fixing the government seemed good.
the man is/was a whack job and didn't give a ____ about the Constitution.
i know that many don't like this source, but it's the only one that shows many of his ideas and thought all in one place. you can do a search each point and see more. it out there, you gotta dig.

* On people who dare to invest abroad. ("[Capitalists'] job is to create and protect jobs in America - not Mexico," Perot says. Such investment may bother Perot because it would fall outside the control of Perot's hands-on management of the US economy.)
* On people who dare to defend themselves and their families with firearms. (Perot told the National Press Club that he favors gun controls "much tighter" than the Brady Bill.)
* On young people who dare to evade compulsory national service, building roads or emptying bedpans for the federal government. (Perot said in a 1983 interview in the Saturday Evening Post that the US government should make it a "requirement" that "every 18-year-old" young man or woman should do one to two years of such work.)
* On company presidents who dare to earn more than Perot finds acceptable. (Perot says he favors confiscating CEO salaries that he considers excessive.)
* On people who dare to pay less in taxes than the IRS thinks they should. (Perot told the National Press Club he wants the IRS to acquire a "decent computer system" that would ensure that it would take in $100 billion more in taxes.)

The Constitution protects citizens against warrantless searches and confiscation of firearms; it requires "equal protection of the laws," regardless of race. During a crime wave in Dallas in 1986, Perot set up round-table meetings between police officers and people in the news media. In those meetings, according to Todd Mason, former Dallas bureau chief for Business Week, in his 1990 biography of the businessman: "Perot espoused cordoning off minority neighborhoods and searching door-to-door for weapons and narcotics." On NBC's "Today Show" on Oct. 25, 1989, Perot called for suspending constitutional rights and declaring martial law to combat the drug trade: "You can declare civil war and the drug dealer is the enemy. There ain't no bail ... [drug dealers] go to POW camp. You can start dealing with the problem in straight military terms."

Ross Perot for US Boss

there are also stories about his campaign mangers being mad and quitting because he was a control freak. others have said he ran his company like he was a military dictator. i guess that was his right, but it fits in with other things that were said about him.

we are better off he didn't win
edit on 24-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join