It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"You are so loved." Moving story from one of the people that came to fallen soldiers aid

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

As she reached the memorial, Winters saw four people bending over a fallen soldier. She dropped her purse and briefcase on the steps and began to help.

The impromptu team kept waiting for an ambulance, desperately willing Cirillo to hang on.

"You are so loved," Winters told Cirillo. "We're all trying to help you."

Sirens signalled the arrival of the paramedics. The soldier at Cirillo's head stood up to give them access. Winters took over doing mouth-to-mouth, her body prone over Cirillo's, her feet resting on the fallen soldier's empty rifle.

Winters did what most people would do, she says.

"When you are dying, you need to be told how loved you are."

I'm so glad that this woman was there to comfort this man. I found the whole article rather humbling, and have the utmost respect for all the people that rushed to help disregarding their own safety.

They didn't let that bastard win.

Link

edit on 2320141020141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Horrible tragedy. Looked like such an incredibly nice guy.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
so very sad domo

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Breaks my heart. Especially after seeing the pictures of him with his dog and son.

I'm so glad he was surrounded by people like this woman when he passed. I hope and think he felt love instead of fear or hate.

I don't usually get "hit" by things, but there's something about this that really got to me.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Props to Canada / Canadians for the manner in which they reacted to this situation.

To the soldier who was killed, to the people who stayed with him, to the Sgt-at-Arms for Parliament who stopped a potential bloodbath.

They all embody the resiliency of the Canadian spirit and have sent a strong response to terrorism - It won't break Canada.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
It is sad. Maybe the terrorist original plan was to destroy the war memorial but was scared off after he fired at Cpl. Cirillo.

If that was the case he defended the memorial, either way he gave his life defending his country. Too bad his rifle wasn't loaded or there may have been a different outcome.

As for the sgt. in arms that killed the bastard, kudos to you.

I wonder how many in our American gov't would have had the balls to grab a gun and join the fight?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   

What a beautiful woman this must be .Tears for the young man and his family .

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I hope to God someone that caring is with me when my time comes.
And I am not in any way saying it was his time, because it shouldn't have been.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
This is a heart-warming and humbling story - what a wonderful woman, the young man surely took comfort from her presence and godly reassurances. I was also moved at the way the Sergeant-at-arms carried himself in the parliament ceremony the day afterwards - he only just managed to hold back the tears.

Thank God and the people for the spirit of indomitable wholesomeness & goodness that was epitomised by so many Canadian citizens, in the face of a cowardly and disgusting attack on liberty and truth.

I'm troubled by the fact that this poor gentleman was tasked with guarding the war memorial, and yet was not authorised to have live rounds loaded in his rifle. It's extremely concerning, and I would hope that the pragmatic learning aspect of the situation is carried through into new standards of protocol. Soldiers should by right have bullets in their weapons, if they are serving in a civil defence capacity of any kind.

edit on OctoberFriday14110CDT06America/Chicago-050031 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
RIP Cpl. Cirillo. That is such a moving story. Glad to see some people tossed aside what they were doing to provide comfort and love to someone they hardly knew. Also, Sergeant at Arms Vickers is a Hero. Took alot of courage to take out the perpetrator.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Very moving. Very real. I'm glad that woman did that for our soldier.

The only thing I dislike is how they show him in his final moments, it seems disrespectful to me. I wouldn't want my children seeing those images of me, ever.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Im sitting here in a court house tearing up in front of everybody just lookin at those pics of him with his son and dog.
Damn man...just...damn. this sucks.

Peace.

Glad that shooter was taken out. Go Canada, I love you guys up there.
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
With the world falling to pieces, it's easy to lose hope. Yet in the midst of sorrow and death, here is a life-affirming story--brave souls helping one of the fallen. Thanks for sharing. This story strives to give balance to a truly horrific week.

edit on 24-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I saw an interview of that wonderful caring lady. She too is a dog lover. No doubt she and the people who first responded will receive a commendation for rushing forward to help without knowing if their own lives were still in danger.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Aujourd'hui nous sommes tous Canadiens.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Aujourd'hui nous sommes tous Canadiens.

Yes sir we are.

Peace.

new topics

top topics

join