It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus vs. Yahweh - The Future of Mankind Hangs in the Balance

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If you've got 30+ occurrences of one idea, and just a handful of occurrences of a seemingly opposing or contradictory idea, which one do you really think is being misunderstood/misapplied?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: graphuto

If you've got 30+ occurrences of one idea, and just a handful of occurrences of a seemingly opposing or contradictory idea, which one do you really think is being misunderstood/misapplied?

Most of which are from Paul... of course

3 passages from Jesus.... none of which you understand anyways... clearly

now lets see....

You don't disagree with "my personal version" of Him. You disagree with WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS. Without the Bible, we'd have nothing in regards to Christianity. There's no such thing as Christianity without the Bible.

I disagree with a lot of what the bible says... but also with your own personal interpretation of it... which doesn't come from you, it likely comes from whatever sect you were raised with or church you attend currently or in the past...

Look, I know you think that somehow your morals are better than God's, and you don't agree with the way He acted in the Old Testament, but frankly, you don't have a leg to stand on against the creator of the universe.

Well you're right on that at least... lucky for me the OT doesn't have anything to do with God aside from the "story" leading to Jesus coming... notice I said "story"...

Just because you think He is mean doesn't make him any less real, or any less God the Father.

the actions of this critter prove that he/she/it is NOT the Father... fortunately you can't get around that no matter how much you insist...

You wouldn't have ANY type of version of Christianity without the Bible. As such, you don't just get to choose which parts to believe and which parts not to believe. You don't get to just discard 10 or more books of the Bible because they were written by Paul.

Says you...

I don't have to adhere to your rules.... and im not a Christian either... so your religion can not hold anything over me...

I can discard what I please... and IF you don't like it.... tough beans

Your religion holds no rights to the bible, nor does it hold any rights to Jesus... so get over yourself and your rules you try to impose on others when it comes to said book

Next to Jesus and John the Baptist, Paul is probably one of the greatest men to ever walk the face of the earth.

Again... that is nothing more then your opinion... and since he is a self proclaimed murderer and persecutor of Christians... its not even a valid opinion (Yes I know he didn't kill anyone directly... don't bother)

There's no hatred in you? You hate God,

sigh

IF anything... I hate what Christianity turns people into... and you are a shining example of that...

refuse to believe what He says, and even go so far as to just discard whole chunks of the Bible. You. Hate. God. I'm sorry if you disagree, but it's true.

Well again... You're completely incorrect... pathetically assumptive...

And as I've said before... the only hatred I see around here is coming from you... don't worry though Im quite used to hatred from Christians... Its in their nature in most cases....

Makes me sick honestly... I don't know how one can claim to be "Christian" or anything associated with Jesus and act as you do towards others.... but I shrug it off because I've been dealing with it all my life.... and its the reason I refuse to accept such a label.... Thank you for showing the class that though

There is a way which seems right to man, but the end thereof is death. You may think you're right because it "feels good" and it's "all love man!"

That's simply not the God of the Bible. God loves AND hates.

According to Paul... again thank you for showing everyone the in's and outs of Paulianity...

As far as my hatred towards false prophets goes, guilty as charged.

Don't forget anyone who disagrees with your opinion/religion...

and the rest of the list of people you hate... which I have no need to list... im sure anyone who has seen the typical Christian babble on as you do, and get banned from ATS has seen it all before...

Most of us Know who you hate...

Good luck with that by the way

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: graphuto

Romans 2:13
For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.
(2011 NIV)
Here is Paul being very clear that righteousness only comes through behaving righteously.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

The problem with your statement "Faith only" is it can be taken to suggest Christians can live any way, do anything, be anything they like. Christ warned that within His own kingdom, those taken in His net, many would be discarded as unacceptable.

Jesus declares in Matthew 5:17-19:

Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

You can believe, teach and act any wayyou like, if its unacceptable to God then you wont get a crown of life.

I can tell you have not studied what you are talking about, you have put no effort in to your Christianity.
put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and to be renewed in the spirit of.
25Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to your neighbor, for we are all members of one body. 26“In your anger do not sin”d : Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27and do not give the devil a foothold. 28Anyone who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with their own hands, that they may have something to share with those in need.

29Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. 30And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Ephesians. God wants change ond obedience
Do you think that God is telling us what to do and we are allowed to ignore ii without judgement.
God had a covenant with Israel and it was made redundant because of sin.

as stated many will say how they worked miracles and preached the gospel, they have a faith in Christ and Jesus will say, "I do not know you"

Stop being fed, go study what Christ taught, that link will explain a lot to you through the word

Or like others you can ignore everything and think your salvation is guaranteed because that is what you heard.

Also be aware who those 30+ statements were made to, the contexts the statements were made in.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

So because I stand by the Bible I'm hateful?

"Treat others the way you do..."

What are you even talking about? I condemn false religion and the promoters thereof, but that's about as far as my "hatred" towards others goes...
edit on 25-10-2014 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

I think you've asked me what influence my beliefs before, but I didn't get around to answering...

they are a mix of religious texts and experience

the gospels are my main influence... as well as some gnostic, Buddhist and hindu writing but they are more of a philosophical aspect of influence where as the gospels are almost like an instruction manual once one understands them

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

In no way did I ever say that Christians aren't supposed to perform good works. Don't put words in my mouth.
I said that the works aren't necessary to keep you out of hell.

Does everyone think there is some sort of scale or something, where everyone's good works are weighed against the bad? Everyone would fail...
That's the whole point of salvation by faith alone.

Even if there were such a scale, it is not possible for a person to do more good than bad, in the eyes of God.
Are you 100% certain that if you died today, you'd go to heaven?

1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

So because I stand by the Bible I'm hateful?

"Treat others the way you do..."

What are you even talking about? I condemn false beliefs, but that's about as far as my "hatred" towards others goes...

No... because you started telling me what I believe...(you hate god... remember?) and condemning me for something that isn't even true... which is against your gods commandments ain't it...

but this is just a forum... I don't know you from anyone else here, but your words show an image of what you may be...

Why condemn... Is that your job?

You only spew out the issues of men when you condemn...

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I condemn because I believe it my responsibility to stand for the word of God, and make sure that a clear presentation of the gospel is given. I don't believe that it's right for me to sit idly by while what I perceive to be false prophets are deceiving people.

I say that you hate God because that's what the Bible tells me :

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Now, I'm not accusing you of doing everything on this list, but you've changed the truth of God into a lie, which makes you a false prophet, which means that God has given you over to a reprobate mind. Meaning that you hate God. I mean, you've implied as much with your colorful adjectives describing God in the Old Testament.

You hate the God of the Bible. Which is the only God that there is.

Because I've exposed this, and exposed you as someone who is preaching a false gospel, that makes me hateful...
Makes sense though...

25 It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Love how you edit your reply way after mine...very cute

edit on 25-10-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

I don't condemn. The Bible does. I simply point that out.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

You just said you do condemn... the bible is just a book... written by men...

You take it upon yourself to condemn the person who disagrees with it... even though the same book tells you not to judge others...

IF you believe in his words.... try following them instead of using them as a punchline

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

I don't condemn. The Bible does. I simply point that out.

We get it. You reject The Spirit of God - who is Love, in favor of a book about him with some contradictions in it written by humans.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Sorry but I just don't believe that the Bible is merely "just a book...written by men"

For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

I believe He says to judge righteous judgement
I believe He says to remove the beam from your own eye, and then remove the mote from your neighbors

If you people don't believe the Bible, what are you basing your beliefs on?

It's ridiculous.
I've done my duty in this thread. 1, 2, 3, and more admonitions, and now I'll be on my way.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

You can't have God without the Bible. You can wish that to be true as much as you want, but that doesn't change anything.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

You can't have God without the Bible.

Then your God depends on a physical object, no different than paganism where people worship idols - except your idol is a book.

By the way

""Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life." - John 5:39-40

This verse points out that Jesus is separate from the scriptures, so there is still God without the bible - but I guess that would just demonstrate another contradiction since you can just use another verse out of that book to try to disprove the verse I just quoted here.

edit on 25-10-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Some of us people are working from the same book you are... only we actually understand the meaning behind it... where as you use it as a weapon

Your religion and your anger blinds you from what is truth... because IT says its all "Gods word"... yet not even the book actually says that

And you are so completely convinced by this that you are more then willing to bypass your God's word impose your beliefs on others

Then you run away when you get frustrated... lol

Sound about right?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   

How am I using it as a weapon? The only thing that I want is for people to believe on Jesus Christ. In order to do that though, they have to know who He is.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

You're being obtuse. It isn't the physical object. It's the words within.

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Your verse doesn't point out that he is separate from the scripture, it points out that he IS the scripture...
The Pharisees were trying to condemn him with scripture, because they didn't understand that all of their scripture pointed towards Jesus.

A person cannot know anything about God and Jesus without the Bible. That's just a fact...

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   

You use it as a reason to get angry at words on a screen... as a reason to hurt others while making yourself feel special, all while calling it "righteous judgement" LOL

And For God sake quit quoting Paul as if it means anything to me...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join