It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus vs. Yahweh - The Future of Mankind Hangs in the Balance

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: graphuto

There are contradictions in the bible such as whether Jesus was crucified on the third hour ( Mark 15:25 ) or the sixth (John 19:14-16 ).

Whether Lebbaeus-Thaddeus was one of the 12 apostles (Matthew 10:2-4/Mark 3:16-19 ) or whether it was Judas the brother of James (Luke 6:14-16/Acts 1:13)

I feel sorry for those who mix light with darkness because they unknowingly walk away from The True Light to follow the lukewarm philosophy of paganism, which is yin-yang, that God is light and dark - love and jealous - life and death. Nature, The fallen world is this way, but not The True God who is Love and Light without any darkness within him at all.

edit on 24-10-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: gorsestar

Yes. That's a good way to draw a parallel between. Do you see this as confirming that Yahweh and the Elohim of Genesis 1 are Father and Son? This is the way I see it, and I think this seems to be the way you are looking at it.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

After reading this post I get it
You are a Gnostic, you cant perceive the reason for the law, you cant understand grace.
You are caught up in who God is and not the gospel message of forgiveness, love and service, what Christ has done.

Thats sad
You cant see Christ's work on the cross because you are more interested in understanding the unfathomable.

I'll answer in parts. Like Job, I recognize the Redeemer. The fact that he was previously flawed makes him fully human. He is all of us. Mercy now makes way more sense. By seeing the previous flaws in Yahweh, we know for sure that God makes all things new, including His own Son. We are made new without denying our past. As we can clearly see from Jesus past as Yahweh, it is recorded. I assume the book of life will tell our stories as well.

This brings more depth to the story, not less.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Names ADONAI: The word adon, in Hebrew, is translated "lord." God's name as Adonai is a form of the word "adon" with an "ai" ending. Adonai is used about 439 times in the Bible and can be translated either as "Lord" or as "my Lord". Biblical scholars and linguists, however, cannot agree as to the meaning of the "ai" suffix that has been added to the Hebrew word for "lord" (adon). Some scholars have suggested it indicates a plural of majesty.

Just as Abimelech is father of the King (Melech is king), Abaddon, the destroyer, is the Father of Adon. Adonis is a Phoenician Son of Deity. This can be traced back through the language. Who is Yahweh in relation to the destroyer of Sodom? Who is Yahweh in relation to the Serpent (Shining One) who deceived Eve. The deception of Eve was the taking of the fruit (what can be produced) of knowledge. In Revelation, we see this as a commerce system built around the mark of mankind (Carbon - 6 protons, 6 electrons, 6 neutrons). In Ezekiel 28, the fall of the shining one from the garden is outlined. Connect the dots between Genesis, Ezekiel and Revelation, and you get Yahweh / Serpent deceiving mankind. Adon is the Son.

Truth is hard to face. As I clearly stated in many threads, Christ will come again. He must match his words to be true. He must give and not take. He must love his enemies and not destroy them. By this, and only this, will we know if the story is true or false. He has large sandals to fill as John outlines.

If he comes as Yahweh and commits further genocide, then he will be known by his fruit as any other.

1 Corinthians 15 gives you the outline of his work to hand the kingdom over to His Father. Let's hope that Father is Love as 1 John states and keeps no records of wrongs as 1 Corinthians 13 points out. Abaddon comes out of the Abyss. The serpent is supposed to be dragged into the abyss. If the Son is left unharmed, then we might get an idea of the wrath of God in person.

Although the Father is Love, we might get a taste of what he thinks of the Serpent. It will be terrifying.

edit on 24-10-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   

The rest of what you are outlining is consistent with theology that says there is one voice in scripture and all the names are one God. Yes, God is One. He is both male and female in Genesis 1 when he creates the Son of God (Cosmos). The Son of God is what produces us. We think the Son of God is a man as we are a man. This is true today, but it was not true at his inception. The raising of THE Son of God is the womb of all that you can survey across the vastness of space and time. That is the Son of God. The raising of a Son of God on Earth requires that we are all children of God first. We come through the Son (cosmos) to reach the Father (Spirit). They are two separate realities. One is Earth below. The other is Heaven above (World to Come). The names are weigh-points along the way. Just as the Masons have landmarks that they must abide by, so the master Architect has markers by which we see Him. Elohim is Father. Ruach Elohim is Mother. Yahweh must move from the splitting of his own nature (Male and Female) to the unity of both at the end.

All points in between are ALL names given in the universe. He is not simply the names you see assigned to him in the Bible. He is all of us. We are Him. This is the point. The Bible is the outline of the raising of the Son. We are all part of that process.

I realize that theology misses these truths. They would not miss these truths if they simply read all of the scriptures available. The keys to understanding the Bible are hidden in the rubble of the other temples that Yahweh destroyed. Leave no stone unturned and you finally start to see the original temple as it once stood.

Babel is Yahweh's work to keep man from rising. He favored ONE nation over the rest. The Rainbow is God's promise that ALL the nations are important and loved. The names are markers to show the Son why. By this, we know why.

Go back and check Genesis 8 and 9 from the Names of God Bible. Ask yourself what Yahweh promised Noah, then read what God promised Noah. The blood that was required of those who shed blood is that of the cross that forced Yahweh to answer for the blood of mankind. The rainbow is the promise. We are ALL one loaf (1 Corinthians 10).

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

El Elyon = "God (singular) Most High": And Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine; now he was a priest of [El Elyon] God the Most High. And He blessed him and said, ''blessed be Abram of God Most High, possessor of heaven and earth; and blessed be God Most High, who has delivered your enemies into your hand (Genesis 14:18-20).

This one in particular is what the writer of Hebrews states as the High Priest office of the Savior. Melchizedek is said to have existed forever. Jesus is then linked directly to this King of Salem. Abraham paid his tenth to Melchizedek, therefore paying his part to the Priest in advance.

This is one of the most profound mysteries of all time. Who is the Father and Mother of Melchizedek? I have already outlined this in previous threads.

Hebrews 7

In the first place, Melchizedek’s name means king of righteousness. He is also called king of Salem (which means king of peace). 3 No one knows anything about Melchizedek’s father, mother, or ancestors. No one knows when he was born or when he died. Like the Son of God, Melchizedek continues to be a priest forever.

4 You can see how important Melchizedek was. Abraham gave him a tenth of what he had captured, even though Abraham was the father of the chosen people. 5 Moses’ Teachings say that members of the tribe of Levi who become priests must receive a tenth of everything from the people. The priests collect it from their own people, Abraham’s descendants. 6 Although Melchizedek was not from the tribe of Levi, he received a tenth of everything from Abraham. Then Melchizedek blessed Abraham, who had God’s promises. 7 No one can deny that the more important person blesses the less important person.

8 Priests receive a tenth of everything, but they die. Melchizedek received a tenth of everything, but we are told that he lives. 9 We could even say that when Abraham gave Melchizedek a tenth of everything, Levi was giving a tenth of everything. Levi gave, although later his descendants would receive a tenth of everything. 10 Even though Levi had not yet been born, he was in the body of Abraham when Melchizedek met him.

---Note the bolded area. Baptism means we were all in the seed of Abraham at one time. All of us emerged from Noah. All of us came from Adam. Look back to the original seed of the Son of God. We all came from that source. We were all in the body of Abraham. Future generations of me will be found in the seed of my sons. Baptism is the key to how resurrection works and how we all return through the Son as we are the original sons and fathers, mothers daughters of Melchizedek. We are entangled with them above and below. Each of us has a higher nature above. That is the original family of Melchizedek. We enter the waters of the flood in an Ark as beasts to be raised back again.

--The answer is Baptism, or the fact that our final state ends through consummation to our first estate. As we are born again into different persons (the person lives once), we end where we started. In other words, we were created perfect in Genesis 1. Melchizedek is the Son of God at the Beginning. He enters the involution (inconscience / amnesia) of the waters of life, then returns once he finds his way back home again. Involution and evolution is Baptism, or the amnesia that allows us to rise again back to our first estate. Jude 1 speaks of Angels leaving their first estate in error and God locking them in darkness for the transgression. In the original plan of God, this is something he designs for us. The Watchers transgressed this and entered the water on their own. This is the story of Enoch and part of the fall of man.

According to some traditions, Satan refused to incorporate into the waters as a human. I don't know how this plays into the original story, but it is the process to return to our former estate. Creation is a copy of something else. The true sacrifice happens in the original.

Although we see the Son (Yahweh) as fallen, in reality, he has always been Melchizedek and perfect in every way. The same can be said for our own higher nature as the Angel facing God. Read Hebrews 9 for the copy of Heaven idea.

Entanglement to the Angel

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

"All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him." - Matthew 11:27

This also relates to John 6

Yeshua knew from the beginning those who wouldn’t believe and the one who would betray him. 65 So he added, “That is why I told you that people cannot come to me unless the Father provides the way.”

66 Yeshua’s speech made many of his disciples go back to the lives they had led before they followed Yeshua. 67 So Yeshua asked the twelve apostles, “Do you want to leave me too?”

Anywhere you find 666 in the Bible, it is a marker to show you something of the mark of sin. The Father must first prepare us to meet the Son. Just as the Son must be prepared to meet the Father. Go back to my post on the High Priest of Salem. Each of us are here below in an image of our true residence above. We are involved here so we can meet the Father above after being raised as children. Yahweh is the same. He was raised in a similar process to reclaim his seat above as High Priest of humanity. Read Hebrews 9:

23 The copies of the things in heaven had to be cleansed by these sacrifices. But the heavenly things themselves had to be cleansed by better sacrifices. 24 Christ didn’t go into a holy place made by human hands. He didn’t go into a model of the real thing. Instead, he went into heaven to appear in God’s presence on our behalf.

and here

28 Likewise, Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of humanity, and after that he will appear a second time. This time he will not deal with sin, but he will save those who eagerly wait for him.

Coming for those who wait for him. We wait upon the name of the Lord (Adonai). Why do we wait? We understand that he has gone through the same process. He is the firstfruits to drop on the new ground above. He must grow there first to make a place for us. It's like a tree growing a forest, then allowing a habitat for the rest of the creatures in the forest. It's like the groom going to build a house for the bride. He comes back for his bride.

This is where we see the Father's promise come in. The entire rainbow will be the full spectrum of light, not simply the light unto the nations (Israel). ALL nations. God will not allow Yahweh (old order / partiality) to gather one nation only. We are the rainbow.

Malachi 4

5 “I’m going to send you the prophet Elijah before that very terrifying day of Yahweh comes. 6 He will change parents’ attitudes toward their children and children’s attitudes toward their parents. If not, I will come and reclaim my land by destroying you.”

This promise cannot go against God's promise to all of humanity. See this in relation to John the Baptist and the work of the flood of Noah, which is outlined in 1 Peter 3.

Luke 1

And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the parents to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous--to make ready a people prepared for the Lord."

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
Sigh...

The worst part of all this is how people defend this tyrant so vehemently

Time to break the bindings of what you've been taught people.... READ THE BOOK!!

The OT god is a vile character of the very worst kind... in fact there are few worse in all of written history or fiction

and you associate him with the one who you claim has saved you

How utterly disgusting...

Can the same be said of you and me at judgment day?

Job 19

“If you say, ‘How we will hound him,
since the root of the trouble lies in him,[g]’
29 you should fear the sword yourselves;
for wrath will bring punishment by the sword,
and then you will know that there is judgment.[h]”

From the beginning of my time here, have I not pointed you back to this verse continually? Do not hound him. You judge yourself in the process. You are him and he is you. Jesus overcomes the beast. You are attempting to do the same, but by judgment of him. The point is mercy and to see that we are ALL in this condition.

Jesus words of mercy and forgiveness are so that the sons and fathers forgive each other. Check my last post. We must recognize the hero's error by seeing it in ourselves. ALL Greek tragedy is this same development of pathos for the other person. Sympathy and Empathy, not Apathy.

The same can be said of Paul's journey on the path of life. Judge not until you judge yourself by the same light. It's the entire point.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

The prodigal story was the final parable of a triad of parables.

The Lost Sheep:
A man loses 1 of 100 sheep, and throws caution to the wind to find the one lost sheep. When he finds it he rejoices like the Father in heaven.

The Lost Coin:
A woman loses 1 of 10 coins, she stops all else and sweeps the house (four corners of the earth), until she finds it and rejoices like the Father in heaven.

The Lost Boy:
A man loses a son, and he stops everything to go find the son…. er um wait one darned second. He waits for the son to come home.

The older son was supposed to go and find the younger, that was his duty as the older son, the Father stays at home (in Heaven) while the elder brother goes and sacrifices all else to save his younger brother. Who is the elder brother in the story? Is it Jesus? No, the elder brother in the parable complains to the Father that he is rejoicing because a lost one has come home. No mention that he didn't do his duty and bring the lost one home. The elder brother of the story is the pharisees/elders of the jews. They were called to be the light to the nations, they were given the oracles, yet they ignored their duty.

"But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you shut off the kingdom of heaven from people; for you do not enter in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in.

The kingdom of heaven is in the bosom of the Father, or the party in the parable. At the end the elder brother is not in the party, he has been asked to come in, (despite his dereliction of duty), as the Father is all loving. And he's complaining about people entering in.

These parables were told in unison to make it very evident that someone didn't go after the lost boy.

The true elder brother, the one who is the exact image of the Father:

Heb 2
Now in putting everything in subjection to him, he left nothing outside his control. At present, we do not yet see everything in subjection to him. Part is still subject to the devil

9But we see him who for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

10For it was fitting that he, for whom and by whom all things exist, in bringing many sons to glory, should make the founder of their salvation perfect through suffering. 11For he who sanctifies and those who are sanctified all have one source.b That is why he is not ashamed to call them brothers,c 12saying,

“I will tell of your name to my brothers;
in the midst of the congregation I will sing your praise.”

13And again,

“I will put my trust in him.”

And again,

“Behold, I and the children God has given me.”

14Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil, 15and deliver all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong slavery. the portion of creation still not in subjection

John 8
31So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, 32and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” 33They answered him, “We are offspring of Abraham and have never been enslaved to anyone. How is it that you say, ‘You will become free’?”

"You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

The scribes and pharisees, the writers of the law, and the interpreters of the law received lies from their Father, the Father of Lies, they made heavy burdens on the necks of the people, they didn't allow people to enter in to the party, they kept people out with their doctrines of men.

All of this is the religious mind, the mind of Adam, the fallen cherub, the fallen high priest, he was the light bearer in the garden and fell into darkness, death came through the action of the one man, adam, but life comes through the great high priest, the last man, Christ, the true elder brother, the pioneer of faith, the one who overcame the power of sin and death aka the law, aka the mind of adam that held people in slavery.

Letter vs. Spirit
Death vs. Life
Blood vs. Spirit
Adam vs. Christ
Edom vs. Jacob
Ishmael vs. Isaac
Beast Image vs. Son Image
Yahweh vs. Father
Pharisees vs. Jesus
Tree of Knowledge vs. Tree of Life
Hagar vs. Sarah
Earthly Jerusalem vs. New Jerusalem
Kingdom of Man vs. Kingdom of God
Moses vs. Christ
Old wineskins vs. New Wineskins

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Through Paul's epistles, Paul was a former Pharisee who persecuted early Christians.
The "Pharisee" and the "persecuted early Christians" bits are only in the Book of Acts, which is fiction.
Paul, in his own writings, never said he was a Pharisee, or that he ever persecuted Christians.
He said he was a Jew of the tribe of Benjamin, and kept the Law, without being any more specific than that.
And he said that he persecuted the church, which is not the same as persecuting individual people.
What he did was to try to disrupt evangelistic activities of Christians by arguing with them on scripture.

His epistles effectively bridged the gap between the OT and the gospels, making Jesus out to be the god of the OT (Yahweh).
Paul didn't make Jesus God, but said in Philippians that God had conferred onto Jesus, the title, Lord, which is how the Septuagint referred to what in the Hebrew version of the Old Testament was called, YHWH.

What Paul does is to say that all the stuff that supposedly happened in the Old Testament involving this "YHWH" thing, was really just the works of angels, and never was the actual God person, but individuals who sort of did whatever they thought right at the time.
Personally, I think what Paul was really doing was saying that the Old Testament itself was really the work of people who wrote whatever they thought was right, but he couldn't exactly come right out and say that bluntly without alienating all the Jewish converts, or prospective converts, to Christianity.
edit on 24-10-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I think they are the same.. not two ...but one.

After the split from both male and female we have evolution..

Jesus is the evolved one from Yahweh, Yeshua, Adam. Job, Mechelzedek, and so on.

In time he was made perfect and outside of time he has always been perfect.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Yes, YHWH is the devil. The devil is really Enlil. The devil we are sold in the Bible is a mixture of Samjaza and Enki.

Let me explain that a bit better. The 'God' in the original Bible, or YHWH, is based mostly on the god Enlil from the ancient pantheon of Sumerian/Babylonian gods.

Enlil was originally portrayed as a powerful god who disliked us and was untrustful of the fact we had partly been given the 'ability of the Gods'. He represents the restrictive God who wished to limit the human's potential. He conceived the idea of allowing the flood to destroy us (and our offspring with the lesser Gods).

Enki was (in the original Sumerian pantheon) the one who first conceived the idea of creating us, and he was the one who warned us about the flood (against the council of Gods' decision).

The first creation was Adapa. Him and Enki were very close. Enki was the one who originally wanted us to be 'fruitful and multiply'. It is worth nothing that Enlil was always portrayed as Enki's superior.

The lesser Gods (book of Enoch or earlier Babylonian/Sumerian myths) were the original workers for the council of Gods. We replaced them as the workers and they were assigned as the 'watchers'.

These lesser gods are consistently described throughout our history as angels/demons/watchers/nephilim/jinn/archons/asura and so forth.

A group of them broke the oath and interacted openly with us on Earth - the fallen angels. They were lead by Samjaza, and they taught us many things that were 'forbidden' to us by the higher Gods. Eventually, this whole calamity of a situation was ended after the flood and we were left to establish our own 'Kingship'.

This is where your Bible/Torah/Quran come from. These are the original stories and they go into much further depth and complexity than the current religious texts ever do.

In fact, the original stories speak constantly of multiple Gods with human like personalities and even inter-breeding with the lesser Gods. By all means, these stories would seem to originate from a physical interaction we had with a race in the past, rather than supernatural spirit entities.

But of course, love exists in a true form, and the universe and our existence is simply too beautiful and complex for there to not be one original awareness of the entire thing - the true God.

It does not display dual human-like qualities and it does NOT need a book to define itself - in my opinion. Be wary of the modern Religious scriptures.

Some time in the past these original stories were hijacked, the characters were polarized into a good/bad duality and the concept of heaven/hell was introduced.

Do NOT the trust the original followers of 'YHWH', and hence their texts. Do you remember how YHWH revealed himself? He said he will help the Israelites dominate their enemies if they swear allegiance solely to him.

It is also worth mentioning that in the original stories this Earth belongs to Enlil. He was appointed as the ruler by the council, not by us.
edit on 24-10-2014 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DazDaKing

Zechariah Sitchin has really made some of you nuts...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

originally posted by: Akragon
Sigh...

The worst part of all this is how people defend this tyrant so vehemently

Time to break the bindings of what you've been taught people.... READ THE BOOK!!

The OT god is a vile character of the very worst kind... in fact there are few worse in all of written history or fiction

and you associate him with the one who you claim has saved you

How utterly disgusting...

No the worst part of this is people ignoring the clear biblical facts

God, Jehovah, YHWH is no tyrant.
He is the King and a Judge and He judged sinners and they were condemned for their sin, simple.

Jesus came to provide grace from the clear and simple laws that were handed down to mankind and are still in effect today.
Sin and destruction outside of Christ is guaranteed.

Humanity is the vile character, saved by Christ's redemption at the cross, from the burden of righteous judgement, only and fairly ordained by the Father God and His laws.

Read the BOOK

Gnostics, I just dont understand the delusion.

That is your opinion... the book states otherwise....

Yahweh proves himself a tyrant at the turn of every page, under the guise of a "loving merciful entity" which he/she/it shows nothing of...

There are Christians who see this... and then there are others which are simply in denial because they've been taught from that book their whole lives and refuse to question their religion

You are right on one thing though.... humanity is vile and disgusting...

Jesus tried to change that... then Christianity took over

And im not a gnostic IF that is what you're implying

edit on 24-10-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

There are 31 occurrences of serpent, nacash, נָחָשׁ, in the Bible according to Strongs.
None of them refer to Yahweh. Duet 6:4 says that Yahweh is one.
Through the scriptures you can't prove that he is the serpent.

link

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: graphuto
a reply to: Akragon

There's no New Testament without the Old Testament. Don't be ridiculous. We all know you hate God, and so you've created a version of God of your own.

Now that's disgusting.

46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.

47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Oh?

Now I hate God because I disagree with your version of him, which turns Jesus into a liar, turns Paul into your own personal saviour... and associates The Father with a tyrant hell bent on making his creation suffer...

The only hate I see around here comes from Christians hating on people that see through the delusion they are trying to promote...

there is no hate In me... On the other hand I see it bubbling up in you almost every time we speak...

Tragic really... but that's what comes from a religion that promotes such things

Perhaps one day you will see the light...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

You don't disagree with "my personal version" of Him. You disagree with WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS. Without the Bible, we'd have nothing in regards to Christianity. There's no such thing as Christianity without the Bible.

Look, I know you think that somehow your morals are better than God's, and you don't agree with the way He acted in the Old Testament, but frankly, you don't have a leg to stand on against the creator of the universe. Just because you think He is mean doesn't make him any less real, or any less God the Father.

You wouldn't have ANY type of version of Christianity without the Bible. As such, you don't just get to choose which parts to believe and which parts not to believe. You don't get to just discard 10 or more books of the Bible because they were written by Paul. Next to Jesus and John the Baptist, Paul is probably one of the greatest men to ever walk the face of the earth.

There's no hatred in you? You hate God, refuse to believe what He says, and even go so far as to just discard whole chunks of the Bible. You. Hate. God. I'm sorry if you disagree, but it's true. There is a way which seems right to man, but the end thereof is death. You may think you're right because it "feels good" and it's "all love man!"

That's simply not the God of the Bible. God loves AND hates.

Romans 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

As far as my hatred towards false prophets goes, guilty as charged.

Psalm 139:21 Do not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?

22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

edit on 24-10-2014 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: graphuto

There's no New Testament without the Old Testament. Don't be ridiculous. . .
What there would not exist would be references to things like Moses, such as the ones that you quoted.

46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.

47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?
I don't know that Jesus was here giving more weight to the scripture as being a testimony, than was John the Baptist, who he mentioned earlier.
The significance seems to be on how the Jews put so much importance on the scripture, to the point that they saw it as a savior in itself, while ignoring the savior that scripture existed to point to.
edit on 24-10-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

The OT set the stage for Jesus to come. Without the OT, there is no reference to... anything. Tons and tons and tons of scripture from the NT are quotes and exposition of the OT. Literally, thousands of verses. Every single book of the NT and almost every single CHAPTER have quotes and references to the OT.

I think I see what you're saying though, in a sense, and that seems right. The "Jews" were more caught up following (primarily) their oral traditions and letter of the law, rather than the spirit thereof.

I thought it was generally understood by Christians that all of the old sacrifices and feasts, sabbaths, new moons, etc., were just a picture of Jesus.
I mean, Paul even implies as much in Hebrews 10, and I don't remember exactly where, somewhere in Colossians, but somewhere it's outright said that "these things were a shadow of things to come"

Hebrews 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

edit on 24-10-2014 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

No the worst part of this is people ignoring the clear biblical facts

God, Jehovah, YHWH is no tyrant.
He is the King and a Judge and He judged sinners and they were condemned for their sin, simple.
Paul in Romans 3 talks about how God did not punish in the past those who did not follow the Law.
He seems to be ignoring Old Testament accounts, perhaps because he somehow understood not to lend them too much credence.

Jesus came to provide grace from the clear and simple laws that were handed down to mankind and are still in effect today.
I don't know what laws you are referring to here.
If you mean the Old Testament, then those are not exactly "clear and simple", nor are they in effect today.

Sin and destruction outside of Christ is guaranteed.

Humanity is the vile character, saved by Christ's redemption at the cross, from the burden of righteous judgement, only and fairly ordained by the Father God and His laws.
The redemption that Jesus brought about was putting in place a way to righteousness in order to pass judgment, not to hand out exemption passes from judgment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join