It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all aid relief workers, missionaries and doctors without borders: Stop killing us.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: IntroduceALittleIrony

well we are being selfish and possibly racist

Oh really, it's selfish to contain the disease by not allowing people from infected countries entrée? No, I don't think so. It's just common sense.

However, it looks like our Prez is finally waking up to this disaster(as usual too little too late)
online.wsj.com...

White House press secretary Josh Earnest said Tuesday that President Barack Obama changed his view on travel restrictions after hearing from scientists and other experts. “This is relatively creative policy-making,” he noted.

Yep, so I guess now the Prez is racist.....
although he's not stopping flights from those places, just monitoring them at entrée.... many people believe there should be a travel ban from these countries. It doesn't mean it would be permanent.
edit on 25-10-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: malvy

And there it is.

Now my country is at fault? Sir /maam, These places have bad government the same way mine does. Historically , like since the dawn of time, they have been underdeveloped according to our standards. What they want isnt what we want. Respect their choice.

Oh sweet mother of irony. That's exactly the reason why some, if not most, of these countries are so severely underdeveloped, because countries such as yours just won't leave them alone. Each time a third world country is on the rise, one or more of the world's superpowers has to come along and makes sure their development gets stalled or reversed.

originally posted by: tadamanI seem to be getting allot of people who cant see this for what it is. They cant understand that going into an infected area where an epidemic is raging and then coming home without taking MANDATORY precautions like its all cool isnt something a prudent person does. OR something we should be expected to turn a blind eye to since we are talking about a highly infectious and mortal disease. Good deeds dont give you the right to play with other peoples lives.

But that's not what you're asking for, you want them outside f your borders until its 100% clear they aren't infected, something which just isn't gonna happen in all cases as some of those countries just lack the resources to do so.

originally posted by: tadamanYou people have no idea who I am. You dont know me. You have knee jerk reactions to anyone not parroting what the herd is.

I am the first person to help others. I take pride in the acts of kindness I can do and that I look for. YET you dumb dumbs think I am some raging devil over here just because I ask that these people not infect others. 0.o

I have probably done more for the average person I meet than you people. I have probably done more for others in my short life than you ever will. Why? Because I live it. You only talk sh*it over the internet to self aggrandize yourselves and mentally masturbate your egos.

Look mate, I don't care if you're as great of a person as Mother Theresa, fact is: you're panicking, and as a result you're asking for other Americans to not be able to return to their homes and families because it makes you a little nervous. Your panic is making you for other Americans to be revoked of the same rights you enjoy.

originally posted by: tadamanIts my fault third world countries exist? Please. Take that garbage elsewhere. What the hell does that have to do (even if it was true) with people not being irresponsible and spreading disease?

You guys cant make a logical argument against mine since I am not saying something that is absurd. You have to delve into judgmental sentimentalism to attack me personally. As far as what I am saying, which is the most important thing in this conversation, I am 100% correct and I wont hide that. You also cant prove me wrong, so there is that...lol

Now is the time to have caution.

Everyone treating this like hype and fear mongering is a retard. Major health organizations are urging caution, not politicians selling a war. Scientists, doctors, crisis managers and epidemiologists. They say this is going to get much worse, that by all accounts the virus is booming. 40% of all deaths and infections have happened recently. That means NOTHING is under control. Its spreading.

So while you play the hard asses with me over the internet, I KNOW you arent risking your own personal safety in reality. You are just acting tough and telling people to play with theirs.

Here is a question to all you sentimental retards.
When was the last time you went out of your way to help out someone you didint know and what did you do for them? Giving money doesnt count, even "evil" people do that. What do you do that makes you so justified to judge me?

I ask because I know where I stand with humanity. I doubt you do. I owe nothing. I pay in full. Your karma isnt probably as small as mine. Yet you typical leftist extremists get on my ass for telling people to do what the law and procedures ask. Sure, makes sense.

You just don't see it, do you? No one cared to do anything when it was only people in Africa suffering from Ebola. Well, guess what? Now is too late to stop it, is already out of anyone's control and preventing other Americans to return home really won't achieve anything as Ebola has already crossed the Atlantic.

And why the hell are you calling me a leftist? You're the only one judging others here from what I see. You will be surprised to see how conservative some of my views are (while others not so much), as opposed to others, I simply don't fit inside your stupid labels of left wing or right wing.

don't let your government treat the rest of the world as crap as it might come to bite you on the ass one day.

Lesson learned here. People are sheep for the right popular POLITICAL SENTIMENT. "dont let your government blah blah".
Yes, I MAKE my government and more importantly the governments of others do things.

People don't make their governments do anything, they simply LET them.

originally posted by: tadamanWhat high horse crap. Like the US made the whole continent of Africa what it is in 200 years. You obviously dont own a book.

I wouldn't say the US made of Africa what it is today, but they certainly have got in their way (and so has the UK, France, etc). Its pretty clear to anyone who pays attention to history.

Do you even know what my argument is? Blaming humanitarians? Are you people really this dumb?

Oh, and reveling over the suffering of others that you "love" to see, even if "evil" Americans isnt noble. Its sadistic. Thats how I know you arent a noble sacrificing person in real life. You are a smug jerk like 90% of humanity.

I know what your argument was, I summed it up quite nicely above, and already told you why is it unfeasible.

And who's reveling over the suffering of others? Even if I think America has it coming, it doesn't mean I want to see it happening. I actually love your country. And also, if America falls. so does my country.
edit on 10amSundayv14 by malvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Im in too good of a mood.

I will tell you what. This seems to work for me when I deal with people like you.

I wont read that post. How about you tell me the part where you counter my argument and condense that to bullet points in order of relevance.

Since you are only some random person over the internet who has never met me, I think its fair to just cut the parts that are about me personally...since by default they have to be crap and /or BS.

SO, my argument, yours....go!

edit to add:
Remember to use your words...dont make it personal since like I said, you dont know me and honestly I will have to call you on your caca sentiment about me and the sticky fingered nature of your attack on me.

K?

Sorry about ignoring your post BTW. I just refuse to let people like you into my mind. No BS, I swear on my mothers grave, I am not even going to read it. Just tell me the parts that are counter to my point (if any LOL)....that "aid workers should follow basic medical guidelines when leaving an area with a full blown epidemic."

Ok, now go!

edit on 10 26 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Flagged this thread, interesting read.

Have nothing to contribute other than that lol. Very good topic.

Although my money is on the odds that right after the POTUS was done with the photo op with the recovered nurse.... I bet he went straight for the super-sized can of Lysol.... I would have. Just sayin.....LOL
edit on R252014-10-26T03:25:38-05:00k2510Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R272014-10-26T03:27:03-05:00k2710Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

LOL

I bet he burned his clothing after lighting up a cigarette. Then he jumped into a bathtub of sanitizing gel.

Its all so strange it almost seems like fiction.

Have a good one.
Hold it down.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
a reply to: theantediluvian

They absolutely need help and if we can help... we absolutely should.

BUT - There needs to be some kind of control on how people come back and reintegrate into society without thoughts of whom they might infect if they are indeed carrying Ebola. There needs to be some sort of quarantine, or at the very least a travel restriction until their 21 days is up.

It makes no sense for someone to help treat Ebola victims one evening, then catch a plane (to anywhere else, not just the US) back the next morning like nothing ever happened. They have just left an area where they (above anybody else) have seen how it ravages it's victims and spreads. Being confident that they handled things correctly so they certainly can't be affected has not worked well for a few folks so far. Humans mess up. The people around you shouldn't get Ebola because you messed up and didn't bother to quarantine yourself.

If people are allowed to keep doing this, there won't be any help for anyone else because we will need it here if an actual outbreak does occur. I hope it doesn't, but it's almost asking for it if we can't act in any sort of preventative measure whatsoever. It's nothing short of ignorant to continue acting like nothing like this could ever happen in a "civilized country".

Nobody needs to run around freaked out and screaming, but if we keep treating this like it's nothing more than the chicken pox... Then we may wind up feeling a wee bit silly and a whole lot dead IMO.

ETA - This whole post is not directed at AD... I seemed to have went off on a tangent before I remembered I was posting to them. Sorry AD.

This seemed relevant..

www.cnn.com...

I'm biting my tongue on this one.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

The only thing I can add to that is the fact that her basic human rights don't trump everyone else's basic human rights. Period.

I'm sorry she had to endure that. But I would have been even sorrier had she not and she wound up infected others. So it is what it is. It's almost like these people care more for those in another country than they do their own country, family, and friends. I can't imagine wanting to get off a plane after something like that and go shut myself in my house 10 minutes later with my daughter and husband. That's selfish IMO.

Again... I think they are over confident in themselves. We are all human and we all make mistakes. They can not be 100% sure that they do not have Ebola when they board that plane nor when they get off of it. They assume they are and we all know what happens when you ASSume.

I've no sympathy for this woman and can only hope that they start doing this with every case until we are cleared of it. If anyone wants to avoid it, avoid doing what causes it.

JMHO of course.

edit on 10/26/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
a reply to: dr1234

The only thing I can add to that is the fact that her basic human rights don't trump everyone else's basic human rights. Period.

I'm sorry she had to endure that. But I would have been even sorrier had she not and she wound up infected others. So it is what it is. It's almost like these people care more for those in another country than they do their own country, family, and friends. I can't imagine wanting to get off a plane after something like that and go shut myself in my house 10 minutes later with my daughter and husband. That's selfish IMO.

Again... I think they are over confident in themselves. We are all human and we all make mistakes. They can not be 100% sure that they do not have Ebola when they board that plane nor when they get off of it. They assume they are and we all know what happens when you ASSume.

I've no sympathy for this woman and can only hope that they start doing this with every case until we are cleared of it. If anyone wants to avoid it, avoid doing what causes it.

JMHO of course.

I'm with you on this one brother, she infuriates me.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

You sound like an expert on 'nubags'. Good luck to you and yours. Better stock up on the tin-foil.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Lets apply this thinking to the flu. How would you feel if you were forced into the standard incubation period of 24 hours to 4 days for the flu. Before you travel by air, you will have been required to sit in an isolation area for 4 days before you're allowed to fly to ensure that you don't have the flu. If you DO have the flu you will be required to stay in isolation for another 7 days to prevent your infecting anyone.

How does this sound to you?

Consider that the influenza virus in it's various incarnations is responsible for roughly 25 million deaths since they identified influenza. MANY more have died before they knew what the flu was, but that's a conservative estimate.

Does this sound fair to you? The flu is potentially deadly and has killed

Frankly, if you go somewhere and get the flu, you should just never come back. Your chances of spreading that virus are just too high. It's for the greater good.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: grahag

whats the mortality rate for the flu again you say? Just to clarify that you think that the flu is as deadly or more so than Ebola.

Is that a fair assessment of your comment? That the Flu is as deadly or more so than Ebola? If not why even use that for a comparison?

I understand having quarantine measures that are not absurd..... but not quarantining a person at all or following basic medical guidelines for a person with a virus that has a HIGH mortality rate and that is both HIGHLY infectious and also hard to get if basic guidelines are followed is crazy. Crazy, reckless, irresponsible and damn near criminal. JUST to name a few things that that logic and its proponents are...

You have to go pretty far out there to make the case that these people should throw caution to the wind, if only for their moral and commendable actions....so far that you just compared a virus that caused a freaking epidemic to the flu...I mean come on man. Aids....should I make crazy ass comparisons using your logic, like more people die from drug resistant gonorrhea , so by your logic we shouldnt use condoms at all if we are good people? Because Aids isnt even a real thing...like its no worse than say the flu?

rt.com...

This is getting really out there. You guys have the fervor of a southern baptist with this nonsense.

edit on 10 28 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Just to clarify something you guys arent seeing.

There have been outbreaks before. There have been Ebola outbreaks before. In these EXACT areas with these same cultures and under very similar circumstances...

How did they stop them? Do you think it was by following basic medical guidelines and recommendations by epidemiologists and crisis managers? Like, say, limiting the spread by putting temporary travel bans on people leaving from affected areas without being tested?

Do you think? Or do you think they let people come and go freely with no testing or safe guards...You know, the very things that were lacking in the beginning that contributed to the spread of this initially localized outbreak to EPIDEMIC proportions?

Just saying...

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Yes... Influenza is much more deadly than Ebola.

Around 7000 people have died from Ebola and 25million+ have died from influenza. Granted, influenza has been kept track of for only about 175 years.

Ebola has less communicable vectors than the flu, which accounts for it being less dangerous.

If you've been assisting in treating ebola cases, then you should definitely take precautions when dealing with the public, however, it's unlikely enough to transfer to people through casual contact to say that it won't happen.

If you want to freak out, fine, but don't freak everyone else out and try to take away people's freedom because you don't know how ebola works.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: grahag

Who is freaking out? I am simply asking that these people follow accepted guidelines. How is that unreasonable? You now have people REFUSING quarantine even though that is what the law and their own communities are asking for. Who is truly being unreasonable? You guys act like temporary travel bans or temporary periods of isolation and observation are unheard of for epidemiology. This is completely absurd now.

You just brought up the entire history of a deadlier disease for over a hundred years to somehow argue that this epidemic is like not even existent or something. You people dont even know how to grab this thing anymore. You probably dont know how to argue this or what your argument is anymore.

Also, where is the influenza epidemic now? You know, the one that broke out with current medical knowledge and understanding today in age, where is it? Are you going to start bringing up documents from the newly released Vatican Archive about the black plague as well?

This is retarded.

This is getting really out there. You guys have the fervor of a southern baptist with this nonsense.

Put them in observation and quarantine like guidelines say. End of story. If not deal with the consequences and the back lash from people like myself that will show no consideration to people playing Russian roulette with other peoples lives over face.

Thats all. You showed your cards. Now we see how the game turns out. Be ready to stand by your "brave" words everyone. I and others like myself are going to call you out on this just like you would call us out, or rather already are, for what we try to reason with you about.

EDIT TO ADD:
Just remember that you are dealing with a government that has probably killed thousands of its own citizens to pass a set of laws and sends tens of thousands of its people to war for profit every generation. Remember that when they "never let this serious crisis go to waste. And what they mean by that, it's an opportunity to do things they thought they could not do before."...Perfect situation to throw caution to the wind. I mean really....

You guys are practically asking for the affordable care act to expand in legal powers beyond its current nightmarish proportions. Dont bitch afterwards. In the end, we get what we deserve.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Sorry for answering you so late, I wasn't very active on the internet these last few days. So here's my answer to you:

If you're not gonna bother reading my answer to almost each point you raised because you were in "too good of a mood", then I won't be summing anything to you. Anything I had to say I said it already, and if you don't want to acknowledge it then that's your problem, not mine.

malvy out.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Well to be honest I am just trying to avoid posts about me personally. There have been a few and you have posted some about me as well, or about my country or what ever.

Its not that I dont like a good debate or aggressive conversation. Its that the rules castrate me from responding adequately to someone crossing the line into my personal territory.

I was half tempted to read your response. I didnt because there is no guarantee that I wouldn't get pissed and respond in kind.

If you want to reset and engage me based on my argument then cool. I may even end up appreciating something you say and agree with you on a few things or even just one thing. If not, fine. I am not actually in debt to anyone on these boards and only have to offer the same respect and consideration that is shown to me regardless of what anyone says.

I dont hate you or anything. I dont know you.

Have a good day.

edit on 11 2 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Its not like you are CURING people. Its not like you are doing anything but offering comfort to people that are going to die.

Buddy I hope you never get diagnosed with anything 'toiminal'.

From your proud signature... I'd like to tell you where to put that 'bond' you are 'sharing with humanity'.
It has scratched lines in my eyeballs.

I'm not bound by it. But you are.

That is exactly how it works.

Your words not mine.

# 315
edit on 2-11-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

I hope you learn to get over yourself. I hope you stop reveling in the possible pain of others. You just wished a terminal disease on me over some trivial emotions you felt while reading some words I wrote. Please. Like you are not some random or irrelevant person to me on the internet that I would even give credence or weight to your trollish and childish attack on me personally...all this from a supposed moral high ground.

You dont know me but think its ok to judge me? Because thats healthy and balanced.
You have no idea what type of person I am.

You ignore the very logical and simple fact of what I am trying to say......,that asking for people to follow medical guidelines and procedure isnt something unheard of or unreasonable to ask for.

AND There is no cure for Ebola. Only quarantine measures much like the ones you are saying are insane but on a smaller scale. The west NEVER sends contingents of missionaries and professionals to these things. What you didnt know that? You think there is an army of international efforts in Africa right now? THESE PEOPLE ARE A MINORITY. Literally HUNDREDS. Maybe just a couple hundred. Thats not even half of one percent of the population. Why dont THEY have to follow guidelines and procedure?

LOL

The west sends donations, money, supplies maybe, but NEVER sends very many people. Its an illusion.

All for obvious reason.

Wake up. Or leave me alone.

EDIT TO ADD:
You dont understand my signature obviously. You arent some atheist and I a bible thumping christian where you can twist my beliefs into some tripe about myself personally in an effort to invalidate me and justify your actions.

I am my own keeper. Everyone is responsible for their actions. I will not be a burden to others. Thats what it means.

So you see sparky....The bond I speak about is made, its not inherent to our design. Some men have no spirit.

edit on 11 5 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to: tadaman

All this talk about God, yeesh. I did not wish a terminal disease on you.

I'm not sure what God is good for, unless it were for expecting something miraculous, from the mundane origin of communication, with said God.

I am my own priest. A New Yorker, in fact. The world is my temple. See my spirit, the bond I share with humanity etc… and look at all these dead persons who I declare as terminal, a waste of oxygen and a rabid danger to my little world…persons who cannot be helped!….according to your bond with humanity, of course.

Let's say God is hearing from the guy with a brain tumor. God goes through the brain's wiring and finds all sorts of fun stuff there. Aids™ jokes, entire Chris Rock style comedy sketches about the various acronyms you can form from the letters there, simply because it was cool and hip to whore for hollywood and Madison Ave, while reveling in the certainty that you can just keep on trucking, eternally, all because you are certain that you never ever did anything, in your mind, that was 'not too bright'. A little career cash helps, washes it all down.

I'll bet you were around during this phase, and remember the marketing pretty well.

Maybe you can't remember. But, unless God is stupid, God will find it.

"Cheer up. At least you don't have Aids™"

Would you be shocked if God were to respond as such, when you come to God with brain tumors?

I guess it all depends on the person, and their covenant with God.

Because God never changes.

We are, all of us, terminal.

But our spirit…the bond we share, to the eternal?

For better or worse, the beat goes on.

# 319

edit on 5-11-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

Out of all that epic fail of a post, and complete BS written in nonsensical dribble, is there anything in there that is about my point?
"That these people follow basic epidemiology guidelines and basic medical procedure"
You are a judgmental prick. What the hell does my signature, God or even ME or my morality have to do with that?
Are you insisting that these people be allowed to violate basic medical guidelines and procedure? What?

Also wishing that I get a terminal disease so I suffer and see the error of my ways as you see it is F off offensive.

"Go die...because my morality I dont even know how to articulate properly....blah blah blah Chris Rock"...

No. You go die. You are the typical rabid, unbalanced, emotional idiot who promotes discord over BS as he sees fit. WTF ?! You have no idea what you are even saying anymore. You are grasping at straws by analyzing my signature. You have no idea what the hell you are even saying do you? Typical drone droning off into madness once it sees but cant accept that it is just a pre-programmed knee jerk reactionary.

Dont go back on what you said now. Unless you want to be honest finally and admit that you didnt even consider what I said, and only just jumped on the opportunity to play moral police. Are you really arguing that these people just ignore established guidelines and procedure?

I see you went through my profile you sicko. How about you try to articulate a rebuttal about what my point is "That these people follow basic epidemiology guidelines and basic medical procedure"....but thats not as fun as talking down to me from some delusional moral high ground you dont really even hold in the real world...

What ever internet troll. Respond to this with more BS about me that is probably true about yourself.

retarded.

edit on 11 5 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join