It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hatchet-wielding man shot dead by NYPD cops in Queens; police eye possible terrorism motive

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: UDrinktheKoolAid
First why not run away from him if you saw him coming after a few blocks he find someone else. Shoot first hmph. cops have it comin. just sayina reply to: ArmyOfNobunaga

Just when I think I have seen the most ridiculous and illogical post that ATS has to offer this shows up.

Because you know it would be better for this waste of flesh to find some other innocent person to attack with a hatchet then the police removing a deadly threat. Makes total sense.

How about this, if the fool didn't want to get killed then he shouldn't have attacked people?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: UDrinktheKoolAid

There is no demotivational facepalm poster, no eloquent phrase from times of yore, no combination of vocabulary which can accurately encompass the empty headed nature of this post.

Since we are obviously in the remedial class today, let me elucidate on the difference between a justified shooting, and an unjustified shooting.

1) Guy swings axe at a policeman, policeman shoots guy who was using the axe. Justified.

2) Guy swings axe at a policeman, but drops it, and then a policeman shoots him. Unjustified.

Do we understand the realities of life now, or is it diaper changing time, and therefore not a good moment for accessing ones higher brain function?
edit on 24-10-2014 by TrueBrit because: Corrected for clarities sake, since we are in the kiddie pool today, evidently.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Per CNN just now...city officials say attacker had no ties to Islamic radicalism. Their words.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
PHEW! Thank goodness CNN is there with the truth....
Someone does not have to be part of AQ or ISIS to think or feel that they are waging jihad.

SITE, which monitors radical Muslim groups, said that in a comment Thompson had posted to a pro-Islamic State video on September 13, 2014, he described "jihad as a justifiable response to the oppression of the 'Zionists and the Crusaders'.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Terror is creating panic. It is slowly creeping back into day to day life for some folks. As one article stated, it is lucky it happened when it did as schools would have crowded the streets and who knows if more could have been affected in the crossfire.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Police suspect terrorism as the motive.

I think people in the US, are generally mentally challenged ...

Years ago, criminals were criminals and assinations were always done by loners ... now, it's all terrorism ... booooo, look at all of it ... it's Obama Bin Ladin, rising from his grave ... booo hooo

Maybe we should turn the US into a mental institution and send all our crazies there.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

'They suspect terrorism as the motive' says the Police- the country's largest terrorist group.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: sacgamer25

I wasn't commenting about you, but seriously even if this guy was heading the call of ISIS, I think mentally unstable makes much more since here than terrorist. Were talking about a hatchet.

Sounds more like the police are using the word terrorist to cover their butts. Again excessive force.

I think a chop to the back of the head of a cop with a hatchet pretty much covers the force being used in this case as not being equatable to "excessive force" by many people. Doing that is pretty much attempted murder.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
tremor leads to finger spasm leads to hello, double post!
edit on 24/10/14 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

2 to the back of the head with a 22 is a hit...someone who posts Allah Akbar and jihady videos and attacks people in public....yeah...they get my vote from Muslim extremist. Don't call them a terrorist. No biggie...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Although I have changed my mind about the use of excessive force, I am left with even more questions.

Why don't we have non lethal ways of subduing people like this? Wouldn't it better for all of us if this man was talking to a psychologist right now?

What has happened to a man that has made him this insane? Surely we need to get to the mind issues. Are their signs that a man like this is drifting to insanity?

Maybe if we could understand what causes the mind to snap we could teach people how to see the signs in themselves.

Many people have been saved from having a heart attack by knowing the symptoms.

What are the symptoms that can be recognized before a man goes this far?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Per CNN just now...city officials say attacker had no ties to Islamic radicalism. Their words.

Hmm. This is not what they said earlier. Wonder what anti-Western really means.

Police: Hatchet attack an act of terror

New York City police officials are describing Thursday's attack on four NYPD officers by a hatchet-wielding man as an act of terror. Police Commissioner Bill Bratton and Deputy Commission John Miller made the assessment in response to questions at a Friday news conference. Police also said that the attacker, 32-year-old Zale Herbert Thompson of Queens, was "self-radicalized." Common threads in his social media presence were "anti-Western, anti-government and in some cases anti-white," Miller said.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

He was a racist, who hated cops and was self radicalized. Does anything else really matter?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Yours is the more updated information. As of 4:33 PM EST today, they are saying it was an act of terror.

New York (CNN) -- [[Breaking news update posted at 4:33 p.m. ET]

Police: Hatchet attack an act of terror

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

Evening Mike.

I'm contacting you in regards to the statement that was quoted in your thread earlier. It was a statement from a gentleman named Frank Sha Francois.

Frank has not nor ever was a member of FAITH (Father's Alive In The Hood). Frank was a supporter of the movement who wanted to join the organization but was denied due to his long-time subscription to the "The New Black Panther Party". His views and his stand on current events were too different than our views. We as a Christian based organization, don't practice hate nor express any discontent about anyone no matter your occupation, race, creed or color.

However this doesn't come to a shock to us from Frank Sha Francois. In the past he has made statements using our name on satire sites and forums to defame and deface us, as we continue to stand on the path of righteousness. The path of peace and the path of saving our children. We as a collective and respective organization, has never made any statements on record nor off record regarding this situation that made news.

We as a people apologize for any misrepresentation on any part, as many are being misinformed and misled by someone who clearly may have a vendetta against our organization. We ask if anyone who has any ties or communication to Frank Sha Francois, please disregard his statements that are pertaining to our organization or any ties to us.

This situation may seem small to others but to us we take this very seriously. Thank you for reading our response.
Make it a blessed one!

FAITH.
Director of Communication

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: LetsSetTheRecordStr8
Well hello there! Welcome to ATS. I have read certain things on different blogs that Frank Sha Francois has written allegedly, and from what I have read I see some deep hatred for law enforcement and very strong dislike of anyone other than blacks. I didn't mean any harm against your organization FAITH. This guy Frank is linked to the ax maniac Zale Thompson (a friend) and is definitely someone that should be kept at a distance. I will not judge everyone, based on what some believe. Peace to you also.

Francois sounds like someone who would easily fit into the criminal frame of mind that were detailed in this true story. I urge people of all faiths and races to read this. It's very shocking what members of the Nation of Islam were preaching in their mosques in the early 1970's. Has anything changed since then? Religion of peace? I think not...
Was this ax attack racially motivated by Muslim teachings? It's happened before. Was Zale Thompson a Nation of Islam member? Is Frank Sha Francois a Nation of Islam member?

Zebra: The True Account of 179 Days of Terror in San Francisco
archive.org.../n17/mode/2up

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: sacgamer25
how did the police go to far yes a bystander was shot but really i am no cop but if you trying to chop me up with a hatchet i will not care if you are osama bin laden or just some guy high on meth i am going to shoot you until you areno longer moving,

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

Too kind! Have a star...

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
NYC police: Hatchet attack was terrorist act
www.usatoday.com...

New York City police are calling a brazen, broad-daylight attack by a hatchet-wielding man on a group of police officers an act of terrorism.

The suspect — Zale Thompson, 32 — attacked a group of four officers who had stopped to take a photo Thursday when a freelance photographer approached them. The suspect charged at the group for no apparent reason, police said. Thompson was shot dead by one of the officers.

"This was a terrorist attack," Police Commissioner William Bratton said Friday. A clear motive has yet to be established in the case.

It appears Thompson — who converted to Islam two years ago — became "self-radicalized" and was inspired by terrorist groups such as the Islamic State and al-Qaeda, the New York Times reported.

"We at this time believe that he acted alone," Bratton said at a news conference, which was also attended by New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, according to the Times. "We would describe him as self-radicalized. It would appear at this time that he was self-directed in his activities."

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
It appears likely that Frank Sha Francois is a member of the Nation of Islam. I'm willing to bet that the ax maniac Zale Thompson was also a member. Here is my circumstantial evidence. Francois Facebook page, under Activities section is the name Malik Zulu Shabazz.

www.facebook.com...

Looking at the Shabazz Facebook page under Related Pages is Nation of Islam, Political Extremism, Black Nationalism, and Khalid Abdul Muhammad.

www.facebook.com...

Looking at the Muhammad Facebook page under Related Pages is Elijah Muhammad and Khalid ibn al-Walid. That's Nation of Islam.

www.facebook.com...

Finally looking at the Walid Facebook page under Related Pages there appears to be a lot of caliphate nonsense.

www.facebook.com...

I believe that ISIS is calling on Nation of Islam members to commit acts of savagery like they did in the early 1970's during the Zebra Killings. Islam is not a religion of peace. Read how they are brainwashed in their mosques in this true story of ultimate evil.

Zebra: The True Account of 179 Days of Terror in San Francisco
archive.org...

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: sacgamer25

Terrorism was the word in the headline and article, and used by law enforcement.

Not my word.

ISIS put out a call for lone wolf attacks on military and law enforcement, so it sounds like a logical concern.

Attacks on military and police are, by definition, not terrorism. Terrorism is an attack on civilians intended to instill terror in the civilian population. That said, there needs to be a lessening of tolerance for the mentally ill whose conditions involve a high degree of risk to others. I don't advocate throwing them in the snake pits of old but they should not be running around loose where they can harm others.
edit on 25-10-2014 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join