It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hatchet-wielding man shot dead by NYPD cops in Queens; police eye possible terrorism motive

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
His name is Zale H. Thompson, another day, another psycho...

It is a terrorist coward act for sure, just not IS flavour I think.

(CNN) -- The suspect who attacked four New York police officers with a hatchet on Thursday is Zale H. Thompson, a law enforcement official said. Thompson -- who left one of the officers in critical condition and died after being shot by police -- had a criminal record in California and had been discharged from the Navy for misconduct, according to the source.

Link

EDIT: Ok, some media are saying he's a Muslim... It's a freakin Zombie apocalypse if it is. Seriously, It seems all the violent psychopath want to convert to Islam lately...

edit on 23-10-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: sacgamer25

On a more serious note. This is a sad day, again the police go to far.

You've got... to be.. kidding me.

Apparently, in your world, police are never justified in a self-defense shooting.

If a man who attacks two police officers with a hatchet doesn't deserve to be shot, who does?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
So many different issues with this... I feel bad for everyone involved, especially the girl shot got shot in the back.
I wish police would have more restraint when firing their guns as part of their training... People are quick to jump to the defense of officers by saying it is an extremely stressful/emotional situation and they don't have time to think about how many times they are pulling the trigger, etc- so incorporate that into the training... just my thought (My dad is a Sheriff btw). I was sad to hear about the COPS cameraman who was killed by police fire in Omaha...they fired off so many rounds and turned out the gunman had an airsoft gun.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
His facebook page leaves little doubt as to his jihadi aspirations. Apparently he is intelligent and well-educated, claiming to have graduated from Columbia teaching college.

www.facebook.com...
edit on 23-10-2014 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
this is his friends page, yikes!!! www.facebook.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
His comment left on a youtube video is further evidence of his evil jihadist intentions.

Zale Thompson Sep 13, 2014
If you're looking for "perfect" muslims who never make any mistakes in their Jihad, then you will be looking in vain! If the Zionists and the Crusaders had never invaded and colonized the Islamic lands after WW1, then there would be no need for Jihad! Which is better, to sit around and do nothing, or to Jihad fisabeelallah!
Reply ·

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Agree totally . Here in Australia there have been 2 high profile police shooting recently . 18 year old attacks police with a knife stabbing one in the neck . Head shot . Man drives car at police . Same result . You cant taze a car and if you are stabbed in the neck one would assume the time forn a tazer or pepper has long passed . Of course it made headlines but the general consensus is they did what they had to do . If you disagree that's fine ,but i would think if you had a gun and a radical looking person is coming at you with a tomahawk you would shoot . All your talk of understanding an dialogue would go out the window real quick . And don't bulls&it me otherwise .

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
First why not run away from him if you saw him coming after a few blocks he find someone else. Shoot first hmph. cops have it comin. just sayina reply to: ArmyOfNobunaga

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: UDrinktheKoolAid

Are you serious? It is a cops duty to pursue and subdue axe wielding muslim terrorists NOT RUN AWAY FROM THEM!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: UDrinktheKoolAid
First why not run away from him if you saw him coming after a few blocks he find someone else. Shoot first hmph. cops have it comin. just sayina reply to: ArmyOfNobunaga

Easily one of the dumbest things anyone has ever posted on the internet.

How do you even have enough intelligence to find the power button for your computer?
edit on 10/24/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I have to agree that the people saying the cops went to far are off their rocker.

This man tried to take the cops life, and he paid for it with his.
Sad day and hope the cop recovers without any lingering issues from this attack.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

originally posted by: diggindirt
a reply to: BlueAjah
Their tactics seem to have changed from aiming for a BIG incident to these small attacks in many places. While the alphabet agencies are looking for a group planning some massive attacks, they are fostering these lone idiots with social media accounts. Lots of small brush-fires in lots of places.

Who's tactics have changed?

How do you know whom this man is connected with and what their plan is?

Are we jumping the gun here?

The terrorists have changed their tactics. Rather than spend time and money planning some grand attack they are simply using social media to urge individual action against police and military personnel.
I have no idea about this man's connections but I know he caused terror in a number of people today by attempting to decapitate a cop. In my book that makes him a terrorist.
Their plan, as I understand it, is to cause terror and thus disrupt the normal activities of our society. This will weaken us and we will ultimately be defeated by the warriors of their cause.
I don't think anyone jumped the gun. The police used their guns to stop him hacking people to death. I approve of their actions. I disapprove of his.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Holy crap!

Now, I would be the first to say that policing should be about serving ones community, not terminating members of it, but in this case, with two officers wounded, one with potentially lethal, or at least life changing injuries, by a subject wielding an axe, engaging that target was necessary, despite the risk to the bystanders.

Someone with an axe who has just engaged armed officers of the law out of the blue, is someone you cannot allow to walk around, because if they are prepared to engage law enforcement in close quarters combat, in the middle of the street, facing down men with pistols, then what they would be prepared to do to unarmed targets does not even bare thinking about.

These police were sneak attacked, two of them injured, and only once that had happened was the suspect shot, leading to the injury to the bystander. This is not over the top, this is not excessive force. This was a serious threat being neutralised effectively, for the protection of the officers under assault, and it is reasonable to assume, the general public.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Hey You Guys

I can picture in My head that America is moving into an era that looks alot like the Hunger games history , Combined with the 2012 Movie

I read these news every day, about cops killing sivillians, 7 year old little girls And black people, And now the sivillians wanna attack back, only to face Even harder bricks of walls
equality shal never exsist..

Pancakes!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Its a pretty good assumption its connected to ISIS call, the average person would assume that if they were following the news. The attack in Ottawa was Isis related, convert to Islam and like Sandy Hook, his mother was a deputy minister for immigration, whereas adam's father was a ceo over the heads of all the news media. So, what the hell is going on eh?

In Canada they stopped a planned attack to murder people in a busy mall.

Attacking with a hatchet is nut just a nut case, its very rare and yet these things things are happening more and more right after that call.

I for one do not believe this isn't done by our Governments and their overlords.
edit on 24-10-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Now more than ever the crazies can go off with meaning. Looked at now, by themselves anyway, as serving some naturally developing cultural form of expression. Part of the "justified" strata or the feared underdog striking back at the underbelly of it all. Much easer for the voices in the head to convince. And if nothing else ISIS is always there for you.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

But he was just a kid and attempted aggravated assault with a deadly weapon is not a death penalty crime in America. They could have just shot him in his little pinky toe or better yet, they could have shot the hatchet out of his hands. Obviously they were standing around just hoping a whacko with hatchet would come by so they could kill him. /Sardonicism

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Even the UK cops shoot people dead who are weilding any kind of bladed weapon.
And,really its pretty much fair enough IMO-what normal person runs around swinging axes/swords about in public?

(excluding cosplayers/re enactment folks of course)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowLink

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga
This is horrible. Times like this I don't wonder why cops shoot first.

Shooting first should NEVER be an option, there is too much of a chance of this happening:

A 29-year-old female bystander was also struck by a bullet and underwent surgery at Jamaica Hospital

I've yet to see how many shots were fired but I can imagine if the standard 20+ rounds were squeezed off there would be more than 1 innocent injured.

If someone is coming at me with an axe, sure as heck I'm going to shoot first. What do you expect them to do when faced with an axe? Harsh language?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Who was the freelance photographer that was having the cops pose? Was he an accomplice? The attack came from behind and they did not see it coming. Seems like a set up to me...

These are not just random crazy people attacks. ALL of these attacks in the last few years link back to radical teachings. Islam eats up the simple minded and those looking to make a difference.

2 in two days in Canada, this and the beheading a few weeks back. WHAT DOTS ARE YOU NOT SEEING????

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join