It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mali has first Ebola case

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Hi just found this , if it is allready posted please delete or merge .

www.bbc.com...

The Malian government has confirmed the first case of Ebola in the country.

It said a two-year-old girl had tested positive for the haemorrhagic virus. Reports say she recently returned from the neighbouring Guinea.

More than 4,800 people have died of Ebola - mainly in Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone - since March.

armakirais

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: armakirais

I have a lot of friends in mali. I hope they stamp this out fast...

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

With porous borders, countries neighboring Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia are on high alert for possible imported cases of the virus, says BBC regional correspondent Anne Soy.
]

Apparently not that alert.

Mali borders Guinea.

Poor girl. She's Only two.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Just think about that age for a second....
How long was she in Mali? after her return.....
The usual homecoming for two year olds might leave a lot of relatives wondering if they have contracted it from coochi cooing this kid.....
If she has ebola, why not the mom or dad?
The details are sadly not given, in the article but there are ramifications that go entirely unmentioned....they are deadly ones too.......

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Yes it is very said that it happened to a 2 year old . Also the relatives of her are probably at a very high risk since 2 year old is still in the baby stage .

armakirais

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

The Mom passed away a few weeks ago !

I agree with you that the relatives ( caregivers ) of that child are at a very high risk .

armakirais

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
How many others may have contact with the kids diapers after disposal or any other contaminated thing she owned or was used on her....that's a lot of baby changing in two weeks etc,,.....This could be the start of a whole new chain of infection......there are many possibilities in this one....

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Yep. You beat me to it.

Just read about it on BBC News:

Malian authorities have now quarantined and are monitoring 43 people who have been in contact with the infected girl. They include 10 health workers.

The girl is being treated in the western town of Kayes.

She was brought to a local hospital on Wednesday and her blood sample was Ebola-positive, Malian Health Minister Ousmane Kone said.

Oh. well.... just when we thought it was dying down a bit (with positive news), along comes a couple more cases (one in Mali, One in NYC).

Lets hope they contain it quickly. But again... the Mother died from EB, so why didn't the girl get put into Isolation for at least 21 days before being taken to Mali?

People just aren't thinking at all.

edit on CDTFri, 24 Oct 2014 06:31:07 -05000000003106x107x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Doesn't look good.

Girl, two, is first confirmed Ebola case in Mali

….the girl's mother died in Guinea a few weeks ago and the child was brought by relatives to Bamako, where she stayed for 10 days in the Bagadadji neighborhood before heading to Kayes.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

That is exactly my thought ! Why ???? was the little one not quarantined for 21 days before leaving the country ?

armakirais

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: armakirais

That is exactly my thought ! Why ???? was the little one not quarantined for 21 days before leaving the country ?

armakirais

I know. Its crazy!

Got to wonder whether the food these people eat, is doing their brains in.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

It's only fitting. A 2 year old in Guinea was found to be patient zero for this entire outbreak. Source

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: hogstooth

Yes that thought crossed my mind too !

armakirais

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

a 2 year old should be in the stage of potty breaking but chances are she is still in diapers and that means someone else will need to change and clean her up. could be tons of infected people now in Mali.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The little 2 year old passed away ! Sad to hear !

armakirais

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Wow. I know most of us are compassionate, and want to stay that way. But I don't think we should be foolish either.

Rock ----- Hard Place.

We've got to be smarter.

How are yall doing over there in the UK Ebola-wise?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RunForTheHills

a 2 year old should be in the stage of potty breaking but chances are she is still in diapers and that means someone else will need to change and clean her up. could be tons of infected people now in Mali.

I don't think there are diapers in African bush country. No manned border crossings either, which is likely why she wasn't quarantined. It's a different world.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

She died last night. Now the Authorities are looking for 300 she had contact with while traveling on the bus for all those miles and you know what little kids to on buses... pick their nose, dribble, wipe their hands on seats, also nappy changes (if they had nappies)...

doesn't look good from where I sit.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Don't take this personally-but the US who really are light years ahead in the areas of infrastructure and development in practically all areas-are not doing much better.I wil just say,the Thomas Duncan case-and Doctor Idiot in New York.

In fact,if you want to look at it from my(African) perspective-the US has dropped the ball even harder.When folks say about rural and in some cases,urbanised Africa,that it's a different world out here-they are perfectly correct.

One of the reasons being,people in most African countries do not have the advantage of being born into countries with such advancement in infrastructure of every kind,as those in the US and Europe.Most are simple rural people.NOTE-simple people do not automatically equate simple-minded.I am a simple person,eg but I sure as heck am not simple-minded,therefore this is not to indicate that I look down on simple African people-because I do not.I include myself in the group of "simple African people"

But really,most African countries have banned travellers from stricken countries-something the US and apparently most European countries have Still not done.So it's a surprise to me that this poor 2yo girl was let in,at least before being quarantined-but mistakes are made-and now Mali will have to steop up and try,like Nigeria,to contain and end the foothold Ebola took in their country.

But to make my point,when you consider what Africa has to work with,and you compare it with what America has to work with,in terms of tools at disposal-it's apparent to me that America has made mistakes that are simply incomprehensible-and they are Still making them.Too much McDonald's maybe..and I wish I could slap AMERICAN Doctor Idiot so hard he makes a hole in the tarmac as he goes down-as a doctor-supposedly an intelligent "first world" educated individual-what he did was not just dumbass,it was INEXCUSABLE.

So you see-mistakes can be made anywhere,by anyone.Only.would one not expect Less mistakes from a country like the US,and an individual like the NY doctor? I did.But I know better by now.

Having said all that,rest in peace,to that poor little girl.You are with your mother again.a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

edit on 25-10-2014 by Raxoxane because: typo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join