It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clash of Clans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
So, it's a game but, not one on X-Box or PlayStation. It's one of those games that can be downloaded on phones and tablets.

I'm just wondering if any members of ATS have joined yet.

My son begged me to start playing over the summer so I could join his clan and.....I did.

Now, I'm borderline hooked on it.

Just curious if anyone else has found it as addictive as I have.

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

My son plays it, and. . . my boss plays it.

Go figure.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I love that game. Too addicted to it though. Very fun!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Wasn't that a scene in idiocracy? Shoulda been

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Yeah, it seems like there is a wide age demographic of players.

If you have an addictive personality, I'd advise you not to start playing.

I'm not sure what the appeal is really, I just really like playing. Also, while I'm in my son's clan, I get a chance to see what type of rift raft he is dealing with and how he deals with it.

I'm actually quite proud of him. His clan doesn't allow any cursing and if anyone breaks the rules, he kicks them out.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
I love that game. Too addicted to it though. Very fun!

Me too!

The only thing I have to be careful of is not giving in to temptation and buying gems.

When I first started playing this summer I spent about 15.00 in gems....then I felt really stupid.

Now, I just take my time and build my base as gold and elixir allows.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
im playing it too

level 9 base right now 8 more days to go for level 10 town hall

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I play. Join my clan! My clan name is "Winters Gloom"

The game is fun. I only play two games on my phone CoC and poker.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I see ads of it on the tv. Been seing it a lot in the last weeks... I don't know about the game itself, but the ads are hilarious and there is even a story developing, around a mage that can throw exploding rabbits... lol

Makes me almost wish I had a tablet or phone to play it...

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: aightism2
im playing it too

level 9 base right now 8 more days to go for level 10 town hall

you are way beyond me.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NowanKenubi
I see ads of it on the tv. Been seing it a lot in the last weeks... I don't know about the game itself, but the ads are hilarious and there is even a story developing, around a mage that can throw exploding rabbits... lol

Makes me almost wish I had a tablet or phone to play it...

Yeah, that video is pretty funny.

Anytime I use my wizards in battle...I think about that.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I've never been more addicted to any other game...except maybe Evony, a few years ago. I've been playing non stop for 4 months, and I'm at level 54 now.

At first I was patient and didn't want to buy any gems, but now I like to have them for troop training. I'm in a smaller clan now called Cherokee, and I like to have strong troops ready to donate to the lower level guys asap. Very addicting and a lot of fun.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
I play. Join my clan! My clan name is "Winters Gloom"

The game is fun. I only play two games on my phone CoC and poker.

Well, you and I have those two things in common. I love to play poker too. Texas no limit holdem is my favorite.

I joined your clan btw.

I also donated a bunch of troops on the war map.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: armed10peasant
I've never been more addicted to any other game...except maybe Evony, a few years ago. I've been playing non stop for 4 months, and I'm at level 54 now.

At first I was patient and didn't want to buy any gems, but now I like to have them for troop training. I'm in a smaller clan now called Cherokee, and I like to have strong troops ready to donate to the lower level guys asap. Very addicting and a lot of fun.

lol!

The first thing I do in the morning after my alarm goes off on my phone is log in and collect all the gold and elixir that stored over night.

I've made it to level 64 but, I've been playing a little bit longer than you.

I can't lie, from time to time I'll buy 5.00 worth of gems.....I can't tell my son though. He gets mad! Then, he wants some. lol

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Ok, I have to admit, this game was a small part of the reason for my hiatus from here.

My username is ~Chadwickus~ For those that are interested, very close to max th9

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
you can do it without buying gems

just clear the yard of trees mushrooms etc and when you have enough gems wait until you get hit and you have 12hr protection then boost your gold production with them

that will give you roughly a million gold providing all 6 of your gold producers are max level save that and only attack other players that have 200 thousand gold up for grabs when you get hit again and you have 12hr protection boost gold production again rinse repeat until you have millions..
you can attack goblins while your under protection without losing It .. if you need to top up to buy something that helps a lot .

edit on 24-10-2014 by aightism2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

lol! Understandable. I'm glad I'm not the only one that finds this game so much fun.

I've got town hall 8 and I'm not even close to being maxed out yet. I still have to work on my mortars and cannons....archer towers too.

My handle is *sophie bell*. I'm not sure if the asterisks have to be used or not.

Obviously I didn't want to use my real name so, I used my dog's name. lol

edit on 24-10-2014 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: aightism2

That's a good tactic!

I just finished maxing out all my gold and elixir producers yesterday. (For TH 8)

I love it when they have those special deals when you can boost for a day with only 1 gem.

Did you buy any of the new skeleton traps that just came out? I got them, I haven't seen them work yet though.

I've had a shield up because I got knocked down from crystal III to gold 1. Bummer.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
im looking at your yard now its impressive and you are ahead of me because I went on a town hall binge ive neglected building troops I only have green dragons and gold walls
and I don't have barbarian king yet either

.. those skeleton traps are not very good at level 1
edit on 24-10-2014 by aightism2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: aightism2

My son sort of did the same thing when he started. He was more interested in getting his town halls. He's playing some catch up now.

The Barb king is okay, sometimes he just attacks things that don't make sense.

I like to use the hogs with a rage spell sometimes. They go nuts even though I still just level one. It's tough building up enough dark elixir to upgrade them...even with a level two drill.

I like the dragons too! They are pretty fierce.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join