It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Asserts Fast and Furious Executive Privilege Claim for Holder’s Wife

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Judicial Watch has announced they have received very important and very revealing Fast & Furious documents requested through a Freedom of Information Act request (more than 15,000).

Lots of previously unknown speculated information here.

One interesting (and suspicious) thing is some emails are still being withheld by Executive Privilege concerning Holder's wife and Mother.

Maybe we get some details about Holder's actual involvements with F&F.

Hmmm.

Judicial Watch announced today that it received from the Obama Department of Justice (DOJ) a “Vaughn index” detailing records about the Operation Fast and Furious scandal. The index was forced out of the Obama administration thanks to JW’s June 2012 Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request and subsequent September 2012 FOIA lawsuit (Judicial Watch v. Department of Justice (No. 1:12-cv-01510)). A federal court had ordered the production over the objections of the Obama Justice Department.

The document details the Attorney General Holder’s personal involvement in managing the Justice Department’s strategy on media and Congressional investigations into the Fast and Furious scandal. Notably, the document discloses that emails between Attorney General Holder and his wife Sharon Malone – as well as his mother – are being withheld under an extraordinary claim of executive privilege as well as a dubious claim of deliberative process privilege under the Freedom of Information Act. The “First Lady of the Justice Department” is a physician and not a government employee.

This is the first time that the Obama administration has provided a detailed listing of all records being withheld from Congress and the American people about the deadly Fast and Furious gun running scandal. The 1307-page “draft” Vaughn index was emailed to Judicial Watch at 8:34 p.m. last night, a few hours before a federal court-ordered deadline. In its cover letter, the Department of Justice asserts that all of the responsive records described in the index are “subject to the assertion of executive privilege.”

Obama Asserts Fast and Furious Executive Privilege Claim for Holder’s Wife

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I heard this on the radio earlier.

Don't we just have the most awesome govt ever? Kinda makes me feel like river-dancing..... Or maybe just repeatedly smashing my face into a brick wall.

Aaaaaaaaagggggghhhhhhhhh!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Well ,lets hope they can ferret out of the documents a clear picture .Not that it will matter in one sense .But it may open other doors of investigation .It seems to be a very dark rabbit hole and I am sure there are actors that want to keep their involvement hidden . S&F

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
There is no end to the corruption in this administration. We can assume the same conditions for our mighty leader's wife.

There's more, but I don't want to be banned.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Obstruction of Justice by the Justice Department.

It's about enough just to go Amish so I won't be forced to watch/read the media anymore.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Of course.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

That's not a bad idea! No shaving and extra wives (do they do that?) are nice perks as well. Let's join and race buggies.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Apparently Obama does not understand the order of the court.

They ruled the items must be turned over. It does not mean Obama can try to reassert EP after a judge already ruled against him.

Based on court records the administration didn't want the items released until after the midterm elections. Go figure...
That seems to be a reoccurring theme with this administration.
edit on 23-10-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Apparently Obama does not understand the order of the court.

They ruled the items must be turned over. It does not mean Obama can try to reassert EP after a judge already ruled against him.

Based on court records the administration didn't want the items released until after the midterm elections. Go figure...
That seems to be a reoccurring theme with this administration.

It's my understanding that EP only applies to the president and anything he had direct involvement with. Which is why it was controversial when he said he had nothing to do with it.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
from JW ......

Valerie Jarrett Key Player in Fast and Furious Cover-Up After Holder Lied to Congress

I knew it !!!

but.... but... it can be true. This is noting more than a vast right wing conspiracy and there is no evidence of criminal wrong doing....

/end sarcasm

in the words of A.D.A. Abbie Carmichael -

No deals for anybody. Let's hang 'em all.

edit on 24-10-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Let's see if i can understand this...your president, once elected into office, can break any law he or she wants to, get any of his cronies off any charge, even treason (which is what F&F really is) and nothing can be done about it in law?

In theory, Obama can take a machine gun, go on a killing spree and claim executive privilege to get away with it?

If not, how has he got the power to subvert the course of justice regarding supplying weapons to criminals who then use them to kill US citizens and Police / ATF agents?

I mean, how are the two things different, apart from who pulls the triggers?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I don't see what Holder's wife and mother have anything to do with F&F. The same smaller government zealots are attempting to bring Holder's family into there witch hunt. nice one guys, real classy.

edit on 24-10-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

not quite....

in this case you have 2 branches of government going at it. You run into checks and balances / separation of power issues.

The invocation of EP was invalid since it was done to cover up a crime. Nixon was the first to try and make this argument. When the courts ruled against nixon in his case he resigned 15 days later.

You are also looking at people who have some level of immunity in order for them to do th3eir jobs. In those instances where they fail / break the law Congress can impeach the individual to remove them.

Trying to remove Obama is problematic -
While any impeachment process starts with the House, where there are enough votes to impeach Obama, the Senate runs the trial. Since the Senate is controlled by Democrats....

i think we will see a LOT of action after the midterms and if the Republicans take the senate.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

a reply to: LDragonFire

I don't see what Holder's wife and mother have anything to do with F&F.

Then it looks like they did a good job of hiding the involvements.

Why else would Obama refuse to let the info into the wild if they weren't involved?

Controlled opposition.

Tricky indeed.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
I don't see what Holder's wife and mother have anything to do with F&F. The same smaller government zealots are attempting to bring Holder's family into there witch hunt. nice one guys, real classy.

The Emails in question were listed on the Vaughan sheet for this incident. Its not a which hunt and to try and claim it is is sad.

ALL government emails are a matter of public record to one extent or another.

If the emails were not relevant then Obama would not be violating a court order by trying to invoke EP on emails the courts already ordered to be turned over.

Since the courts ruled against Obama, your small government zealot comment is based on ignorance of how this works.
edit on 24-10-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Thanks for the info.

But sadly it seems as if several US presidents have at the very least attempted to subvert the course of justice using EP, and as far as i can tell, the harshest punishment they could possibly receive is simply being forced to resign from or being essentially kicked out of office? Even for high crimes?

Doesn't seem like justice to me, more like a golden ticket to do whatever criminal activity they want with only a loss of office at stake.

Once kicked out of office, are they then fair game to be arrested and prosecuted like anyone else?

As far as the Democrats controlling the Senate, i could have sworn i heard there were low key rumblings and moves for a number of Democrats trying to distance themselves and their party away from Obama...maybe i've got that wrong, but i thought i heard that lately.

Anyhow, cheers for the info.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Apparently Holder hid some incriminating emails under his wife's and his mother's name. Hence the "executive privilege" that he's trying to hide the ladies behind, and WHY the "zealots" as you call them, are going after his wife and mother. They may or may not have even known they are even involved. Obama and Holder were trying to find ways to hide evidence, and this was just one of them. If anyone deserves your ire, it should be them for hiding behind a lady's skirt. Now that's nice. *sarcasm*

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Ummm..Emails between Eric Holder and his wife are not available under FOIA...why would you think they would be? She isn't a government employee. What is the mystery here?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

Apparently Holder hid some incriminating emails under his wife's and his mother's name. Hence the "executive privilege" that he's trying to hide the ladies behind,

What??? Maybe he is also hiding information between his butt cheeks! If he refuses to show us, then he must be!

Some crazy ass logic going on...Lets hold her under water for 10 minutes and if she lives, she is a witch!!

Again...Holder's mother and wife are not government employees and he is not obligated to turn over correspondence with them under FOIA...maybe someone needs to actually understand what FOIA is ..

new topics

<<   2 >>

join