It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola patient is in NY

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

I have two and I don't know the answer to that. I'd assume because it's a blood test it shouldn't vary due to age.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
There is a thread that addresses this but, thought I would share with the gang on this thread.

Remember they said Duncan passed on Wednesday, October 8th.

Note nurse's comments regarding Duncan at 6:23 mark (which was Saturday, October 4th)

edit on 27-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I just logged on to check the status of this little boy. Thanks to those who posted the results. I am relieved for him and his family, but like the rest of you, my first response was skepticism due to the media's handling of the case.

As far as other diseases, I remember yesterday someone posting about Marburg spreading in Africa now, but I don't remember if it was in the same location as this little boy. It may not be related, but I thought I would throw that out there. Sorry, no link at the moment, I gotta get the kids in bed and I'm 2 monutes past lol

~OkieDokie

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: OkieDokie
I just logged on to check the status of this little boy. Thanks to those who posted the results. I am relieved for him and his family, but like the rest of you, my first response was skepticism due to the media's handling of the case.

As far as other diseases, I remember yesterday someone posting about Marburg spreading in Africa now, but I don't remember if it was in the same location as this little boy. It may not be related, but I thought I would throw that out there. Sorry, no link at the moment, I gotta get the kids in bed and I'm 2 monutes past lol

~OkieDokie

Here's an excerpt from a Mayo Clinic page on Ebola and Marburg:

Signs and symptoms typically begin abruptly within five to 10 days of infection with Ebola or Marburg virus. Early signs and symptoms include:
Fever
Severe headache
Joint and muscle aches
Chills
Weakness

Over time, symptoms become increasingly severe and may include:
Nausea and vomiting
Diarrhea (may be bloody)
Red eyes
Raised rash
Chest pain and cough
Stomach pain
Severe weight loss
Bleeding, usually from the eyes, and bruising (people near death may bleed from other orifices, such as ears, nose and rectum)
Internal bleeding

www.mayoclinic.org...

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

I'm pretty confident that israeli news article that was claimed to be a hoax came out Oct 5. That's craziness. What are the implications of this? Why postpone sharing that he'd died?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Marburg has shown up in Uganda:

www.cnn.com...

I can't find any reference for this virus having turned up in Guinea.
edit on 27-10-2014 by dianajune because: typo

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: natters

I'm pretty confident that israeli news article that was claimed to be a hoax came out Oct 5. That's craziness. What are the implications of this? Why postpone sharing that he'd died?

I am inclined to believe the first Israeli report. Here's a screenshot:

Here's the screenshot of the second report:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

www.cnn.com...

Thanks for posting this! I was just coming back to see if I could find the link, but you already did my job for me

So it looks like I was off on the location and it probably isn't Marburg then.

~OkieDokie

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Wow.

I think the very first thing I said after he was announced dead in the US media was... that's an awful long time to be that sick and not die.

It never sat right with me that time frame.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: OkieDokie

originally posted by: dianajune

www.cnn.com...

Thanks for posting this! I was just coming back to see if I could find the link, but you already did my job for me

So it looks like I was off on the location and it probably isn't Marburg then.

~OkieDokie

You're welcome! I was curious about whether or not Marburg showed up in as many locations as Ebola. Apparently it hasn't. But it's just as bad as Ebola from what I read.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: natters

Liars sometimes just lie.... because they are 'liars'. They don't need a logical reason to do that.

It's like the Randal fellow who has a million dollar contract- who shoplifted $129 worth of goods... Randal shoplifting story

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: Anyafaj

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin

CNN says Negative

CNN with Anderson Cooper is saying they are running more tests on the 5 yr old to ensure he does NOT have Ebola and does not develop Ebola eventually. That is why he is still under isolation at Bellevue. (It's possible his infection rate is too low to test for Ebola so they're letting it build a little to test it again when they can get a better result.)

I wonder if it is harder to test a child for Ebola? I don't have kids so I really don't know!

Anything is possible, I guess? I honestly don't know. I'm glad he tested negative and pray he continues to do so. I know one of their medical mouthpieces on CNN said we can expect to see about 8 Ebola cases a month if this continues. Hurray! */sarcasm*

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Yeah but CNN has consistently being wrong about everything they are saying. There is a huge difference between suspect and confirmed ebola that the media wilfully neglecting in order to boost ratings.

The most recent reseach suggests that even if you removed all the exit screening that is happening in west Africa then there would be based on the current trend a total of 3 evd patients per month leaving west Africa, with most of them bound for other African countries and some European. 8 to the US every month? Not a chance.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Just FYI but local news - CBS - here in NY said Bellevue is transferring patients to another hospital to "free up" space for ebola patients!?!? Don't have a link, so you need to take my word for this, that is what they just said!

ETA:

Found a link -

Bellevue has one confirmed case, Dr. Craig Spencer, and is currently testing a 5-year-old Bronx boy to see if he has the dreaded disease. But since caring for Ebola patients requires a lot of manpower, the hospital wants to be ready if more turn up. So Bellevue has worked out a deal to move patients from its 50-bed ICU to NYU Langone Medical Center, sources said. Two critically ill patients were transferred over the weekend and two pediatric patients were being moved to NYU on Monday, officials said.

www.nydailynews.com...
edit on 27-10-2014 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Maluhia

Is this it?
Link

In the article they state it is actually to free up staff but, I would think that you would want to keep everyone together and just rotate out the same staff...
edit on 27-10-2014 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

i would think the same... Seems like that was something they learned with Duncan. That the fewer personnel that are actually exposed to the patient.... the fewer personnel who could accidentally be infected.

Pure speculation on my part, but maybe Spencer really has taken a dramatic turn for the worse and they are now suspecting that it is possible he came into contact and possibly transmitted the virus to other people... So they are preparing for a worst-case scenario.

Are they trying to have 50 beds ready for Ebola patients or and i misunderstanding that? Unless they are planning on flying people directly there from W Africa that seems like an awful lot of beds for a "maybe" situation....

"abundance of caution" ...

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: itswhatev

I guess it depends on the hospital set up, havent read the article but 50 beds in some hospitals occupy the same amount of space as 3 or 4 isolation rooms. Depending on the hosputal layout they may have an isolation ward that has been used as general ward and they are now deciding to clear it out to make room for potential evd patient. Just my thoughts based on our hospital set up, either way i guarantee they ate not preparing for 50 evd patients, no hospital in america would ever be treating more than a handful at a time. id say its just local hospital administration acting outside the guidelines because of public perception to be seen doing somethingm

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
Wow.

I think the very first thing I said after he was announced dead in the US media was... that's an awful long time to be that sick and not die.

It never sat right with me that time frame.

VW, I think Spencer is going to be a rinse and repeat of the Duncan story. Including lying about the time of death. All we've been hearing about Spencer is the yo yo story of he's holding his own and he's getting worse. Nothing solid about his actual condition. Plus where is his GF? Will she go the same route as the Duncan Family. Out of sight, out of mind?

Des

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maluhia
Just FYI but local news - CBS - here in NY said Bellevue is transferring patients to another hospital to "free up" space for ebola patients!?!? Don't have a link, so you need to take my word for this, that is what they just said!

Two critically ill patients were transferred over the weekend and two pediatric patients were being moved to NYU on Monday, officials said.

www.nydailynews.com...

Two critically ill patients were transferred over the weekend and two pediatric patients were being moved to NYU on Monday, officials said.

Just in case ??? Since when do you move critically ill patients "just in case" ? Even during natural disasters like hurricanes they don't want to move the critically ill at any cost (unless absolutely necessary) for fear the patient(s) wouldn't do well being moved.
edit on 28-10-2014 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
New research has discovered Ebola can survive for more than seven weeks under certain conditions.

Ebola can survive on surfaces for almost TWO MONTHS: Tests reveal certain strains survive for weeks when stored at low temperatures

Research claims certain strains of Ebola can remain on surfaces for 50 days

It survived the longest on glass surfaces stored at 4° (39°F)
Centres for Disease Control and Prevention claims Ebola typically lives on a ‘dry’ surface for hours - including doorknobs and tables
But when stored in moist conditions such in mucus, this is extended
Survival time depends on the surface, and the room temperature
Virus can be killed using household bleach and people must come into direct contact with the sample to risk infection

Source

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join