It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola patient is in NY

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

NY, NJ and IL have decided to quarantine anyone returning to the states who treated patients. So regardless of results she had to be quarantined.

And I believe it is to early to say this is a firm negative. She will need to be retested and watched for symptoms in the coming days.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: whoreallyknows

I know. I posted it yesterday and early this morning up there somewhere and in the thread on this...though now there's ANOTHER thread on this. Sigh...

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I see I missed some good post while I was gone. The one that sticks out the most is the 16 year old girl that said the picture that is shown of the DR is not him??? Is it possible they using an old picture of the Dr? If so why?

NY, NJ and IL have decided to quarantine anyone returning to the states who treated patients. This is a start but it may be too late. Plus what if the person flies back from Africa into another state. How will they be able to keep track of them?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: RunForTheHills
NY, NJ and IL have decided to quarantine anyone returning to the states who treated patients. This is a start but it may be too late. Plus what if the person flies back from Africa into another state. How will they be able to keep track of them?

All U.S.-bound travelers coming from West African countries where there have been Ebola outbreaks will have to fly into one of the five American airports, the Department of Homeland Security announced today.

Specifically, beginning on Wednesday, any passengers arriving in the United States who started their travel in Liberia, Sierra Leone or Guinea will be required to fly into airports in JFK International Airport in New York, Newark International Airport in New Jersey, Dulles International Airport outside Washington, Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport in Atlanta or O’Hare Internal Airport in Chicago.
ABC News

So that takes care of three of the places they will be arriving through. It will be interesting to see if Washington and Atlanta will follow in their footsteps. First thing I thought after Doctors without Boarders released their statement yesterday was that they will probably just start flying their Docs back via one of the two that aren't requiring quarantine since they seemed to think the restrictions were so ridicules.

If they do that and it is found out??? Katy bar the door cause they are going to start getting a whole bunch of blowback from the American public. They used to be a respectable organization, but I am disgusted with how they are putting the American public at risk. The least they could do is say "Yes, we understand that there is a real risk bringing healthcare workers back here after direct contact with this disease, and the mandatory quarantine will be followed to keep everyone safe." But they didn't say that and missed a good opportunity to earn a little respect.

~OkieDokie

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Bellevue staffers call-in ‘sick’ after Ebola patient arrives

An extraordinary number of Bellevue Hospital staffers called in sick on Friday rather than treat the city’s first Ebola patient — and those who showed up were terrified to enter his isolation chamber, sources told The Post.

“The nurses on the floor are miserable with a ‘why me?’ attitude, scared to death and overworked because all their co-workers called out sick,” one source said.

“One nurse even went as far as to pretend she was having a stroke to get out of working there, but once they cleared her in the ER they sent her back up,” the source added.

Source

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: RunForTheHills

You've got to wonder what the plan would be if someone other than a healthcare worker catches it? What if say,...someone at the bowling alley or the restaurant the doc ate at comes down with the virus?

Let's hope it doesn't happen!!!!! Frightening thought if it does.

edit on 25-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
ok that is odd something smells here,even if it was a bad picture she would still recognize him
My doctor is with doctors without borders he's from South Africa he said no way would he go if if someone did catch Ebola there isn't much to do for them but give comfort.basically saying doctors are useless when it come to this disease.
someone is lying all that has been quarantine come out of it looking pretty darn healthy. that's not what is described when you get this can anyone say this is what the quarantined patients had?

Signs and symptoms typically begin abruptly within five to 10 days of infection with Ebola or Marburg virus. Early signs and symptoms include:

Fever
Severe headache
Joint and muscle aches
Chills
Weakness
Over time, symptoms become increasingly severe and may include:

Nausea and vomiting
Diarrhea (may be bloody)
Red eyes
Raised rash
Chest pain and cough
Stomach pain
Severe weight loss
Bleeding, usually from the eyes, and bruising (people near death may bleed from other orifices, such as ears, nose and rectum)
Internal bleeding
mayo clinic

No drug has been approved to treat either virus. People diagnosed with Ebola or Marburg virus receive supportive care and treatment for complications. Scientists are coming closer to developing vaccines for these deadly diseases.

None of these stories from the msm is adding up

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

edit on 25-10-2014 by RunForTheHills because: retry to post

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet
a reply to: RunForTheHills

You've got to wonder what the plan would be if someone other than a healthcare worker catches it? What if say,...someone at the bowling alley or the restaurant the doc ate at comes down with the virus?

Let's hope it doesn't happen!!!!! Frightening thought if it does.

I thought the same thing too, what about all the people who do not even have health care because of Obama care. Would they start turning them away?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet
I wonder, too. So far, early detection of Ebola has made all the difference with the health care workers. But, if your scenario came to pass and dozens of NYers began exhibiting symptoms, could the medical system handle it? If so, for how long?
Me, I'm still wondering about Dallas. The power washing incident haunts me.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: drwill

They would not be able to handle it. The pictures of the two docs in NYC wearing goggles and blue tarps proves it's all a media circus.
edit on 25-10-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TWILITE22
ok that is odd something smells here,even if it was a bad picture she would still recognize him
My doctor is with doctors without borders he's from South Africa he said no way would he go if if someone did catch Ebola there isn't much to do for them but give comfort.basically saying doctors are useless when it come to this disease.
someone is lying all that has been quarantine come out of it looking pretty darn healthy. that's not what is described when you get this can anyone say this is what the quarantined patients had?

I do agree and something smells here, this has been brought up by many here on ATS, who are very good on how to think outside of the box. There seems to be so many claims by different officials and the media and none of them are the same. So many discrepancies in everything we hear, plus where are the ones that were in isolation and what about the ones that some DRs claim that have disappeared. Sorry I do not have any links at the moment.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
They are releasing the Dr's fiancé and two friends from hospital quarantine today.

Two friends of the couple who went bowling with them in Williamsburg this week have been quarantined with Dixon as a precaution - but are set to be moved from the hospital to their homes later today, the New York Times reported. There they will still be under quarantine but away from the secure ward where Dr Spencer is being treated.
Link

~OkieDokie

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: OkieDokie
They are releasing the Dr's fiancé and two friends from hospital quarantine today.

Two friends of the couple who went bowling with them in Williamsburg this week have been quarantined with Dixon as a precaution - but are set to be moved from the hospital to their homes later today, the New York Times reported. There they will still be under quarantine but away from the secure ward where Dr Spencer is being treated.
Link

~OkieDokie

I am sure 2 days is plenty of time to see if they have been infected! (NOT) i am sure they will self quarantine the same as the others have. (NOT)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TWILITE22

I thought Nina looked different in the photo-op.

She appeared heavier than other photos (including the pic at the hospital).

Anyone else think so,.. or is it just me?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

Yeah she looked pretty healthy, but that was discussed a few pages back (or maybe in the other thread on her) and mostly people were saying it was probably bloat from the cortisone or steroids.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

The 16 yr old in the youtube video is confirming what I have thought, the Ebola scare is BS. She inadvertently busted the whole operation. Great find.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet
a reply to: TWILITE22

I thought Nina looked different in the photo-op.

She appeared heavier than other photos (including the pic at the hospital).

Anyone else think so,.. or is it just me?

I never noticed but I will start paying more attention to details. I did think she looked good for someone who has had Ebola, I would think it would make you look tired, thin and week???

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I must have missed that part.

However, cortisone and/or any type of steroids are known to lower the immune system.

Just MO, but I wouldn't think steroids would be acceptable for someone with Ebola.

I could be wrong.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Does anyone know how Dr Spencer is doing?

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join