It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Ebola patient is in NY

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:57 PM

originally posted by: texasgirl
I missed the press conference update on the NYC Ebola patient but I saw on Fox News ticker at the bottom that states Andrew Cuomo, the governor, said the doctor had a fever of 100.3, NOT 103!! What?!! Seriously?!

This reeks of cover-up!

Here's an idea: I think that dear Gov. Cuomo ought to go to Bellevue and do the patient's temp himself.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:08 PM

originally posted by: nukedog

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Bicent76
a reply to: OkieDokie
he may have been feeling jet lag but I hear ya...

I am pretty sure he was feeling ebola. Mainly because he has it.

You are post 666.

Back on topic; this doctor knew what he was doing. "I'm going to jog three miles in a public park, go bowling and eat at a restaurant after I start exhibiting symptoms in the most densely packed urban area in America," says the guy that just came back from west Africa almost precisely after his in initial exposure time frame.

People thought Duncan was bad. This guy takes the cake. Oh and that semen. Lol. Just like pham's boyfriend this girl has it. Where is pham's boyfriend? Who knows....

I don't know where he is, but she didn't seem too concerned. Ms. Pham met the President today.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:08 PM

Add another.

CNN: A female healthcare worker recently back from West Africa who was treating patients is now at University Hospital of Newark (north Jersey for those not familiar with thearea) in isolation with fever
edit on 24-10-2014 by whoreallyknows because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2014 by whoreallyknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:13 PM

originally posted by: TWILITE22
a reply to: dianajune

I can't imagine if it breaks out in N.Y city that would be a very bad nightmare scenario and hate to say it kiss your butt goodbye as well as me and the rest of the states there will be no way to contain it.
My conspiracy self tells me this was pre planned a long time ago....I really hope I'm wrong
Take care... I also have family there.

Something tells me this will get worse pretty quick. I can't get over how much spinning that the gov't and its lapdogs in the lamestream media are doing. They're in damage control.

It wouldn't surprise me if the elections get cancelled and martial law is imposed by the end of this month/early November.

Stay safe!
edit on 24-10-2014 by dianajune because: typo

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:22 PM

originally posted by: lynn112
I wonder if they will even be honest regarding the situation in NY considering it is only 5 weeks away from Thanksgiving.

Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, followed by Black Friday sales, brings a ton of revenue into the big apple and I doubt Cuomo and his buddies will allow a little ebola to cut into those profits.

So I honestly don't think they will be honest if this doctor spread it to anyone.

You forgot Halloween and Election Day. Either way, all our politicians care about is the bottom line.

Then again, it's possible we could have elections cancelled and martial law imposed.

The gov't is up to something. I say the shtf by Thanksgiving at the latest.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:32 PM
a reply to: whoreallyknows

Sigh, so far the only people getting ebola, are people trying to help the infected...

They are getting up close and personal with victims. I highly doubt ebola, will be any kind of pandemic... Yet who knows maybe once a civilian gets it, it might be over, but I do not think it is going to happen...

It is one hell of a story indeed, oh and lets look at the recovery rate of this if you get it...

People here in the states are surviving and we are close if not at a vaccine for the virus, so I am not going to get into a hysteric hysteria about it..

It is a nasty sickness that hurts you pretty bad if you get it, but I be damned if I am going to be running around scared and trying to scare others about it...

Its a sickness.. Make sure you keep washing your hands etc.

If you get sick stay home etc.

The way it looks in the future ebola maybe like chicken pox folks...

This kinda crap happens...

Anyhow just wanted to maybe be the down to earth voice on this thread...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:48 PM

Article Published today about them decontaminating Spencer's home.

Cops moved people back around 9:15 am as two officers with the Sanitation Department’s Environmental Police Unit arrived on the scene and entered the building through a side entrance. They were later joined by several people in plain-clothes who exited out of a truck belonging to the Bio-Recovery Corporation — a full service crime scene cleanup and bio remediation company. “Today we’re expecting a specialized crew [to] come in full protective gear and will clean and sterilize Dr. [Craig] Spencer’s apartment for signs of bodily fluid,” said City Council member Mark Levine, adding that officials would “confiscate material that might have come into contact with his body such as sheets and pillowcases and bath towels and toothbrushes.”

I like the public officials reasoning behind why no one should worry the most

“If he was well enough to go for a run, then he was almost certainly not sick enough to be contagious,” he said. “Frankly, if he was well enough to go bowling, he was probably not sick enough to be contagious, so people should not worry.”

Now i have to admit over the years i have done some things, as well as some very stupid things... while sick. Knowing full well i was sick. Especially work... very rarely miss work even when sick. Earning a few $ above min wage doesnt allow you those kinds of luxuries in life lol My point being...just because he didnt "act sick" didnt mean he wasnt.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:28 AM
a reply to: RunForTheHills

To be honest, this is one of the first time I am a bit scared by any of this kind of stuff. Swine flu, all of that, I didn't bat an eye.

Part of the reason news of this today and now your post is a bit scary for me is that I live in Brooklyn, Bed Stuy specifically, about a mile from Williamsburg.

I went out on Tuesday to two bars in Wiliamsburg, but they weren't that crowded. But that is still scary.

I feel like I saw on the news or somewhere else that he may in fact have taken some subways, not just the uber taxi. For example, they mentioned the L train, which goes from Manhattan to Brooklyn.

I was on that sh%t on Tuesday night. Goddamn it.

5 of my friends have a house in Hamilton Heights/West Harlem in the same area as him. They have been posting on FB about it.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:29 AM

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: Maluhia

I really want to get out of Brooklyn right now.

Are you in Brooklyn?

I am too, although in Philly for the weekend.

BUT, I live in Bed Stuy and was in Williamsburg on Tuesday night. F#ck.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:37 AM

originally posted by: drwill
a reply to: Valhall
You've highlighted something that is important and should be pondered.
I'll take a stab at it. In the Bush, people probably don't have time or energy to be narcissistic. They're tending to the sick, right to the end. They don't heal and run back to an Upper East Side apartment. (Oh, shut up, Drwill, that's mean; you don't know Dr. Ebola from Shinola.) I know, I know. But I rest my case. Narcissism is a disease that afflicts many a doctor. In this case, it probably won't be fatal to him, but the results aren't in for the people he may have exposed.

The thing is, he works with Doctors without Borders. As a person myself who works in development, I would be willing to bet he has a longstanding interest in and history with development work, including disease prevention and poverty work. This most likely is NOT some random Christian dude who decides to volunteer once in Africa. He is a paid doctor in a well-respected medical development NGO.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:46 AM

originally posted by: Komodo
just saw this on google searching Ebloa

The incubation period, or the time interval from infection to onset of symptoms, is from 2 to 21 days. The patients become contagious once they begin to show symptoms. They are not contagious during the incubation period.

The part about them not being contagious before the show of symptoms is encouraging. It would be a lot more scary if not.

i also feel a lot better now that I know that he was in Williamsburg on Wednesday, whereas I was there on Tuesday.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:45 AM

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: seentoomuch

I would find it odd that a medical doctor went to the ER to be seen for jet lag.
I just think his case is too similar to Duncans, stranger yet since he is a doctor.
I agree on the quarantine. Good move by NY and NJ.

Wait what?! He is a doctor and went to the ER for jet lag?!?!?!
Who in the hell goes to the ER for jet lag

Nobody I know.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 05:09 AM
Classify this as "Oddity"

Spencer's neighbor gets shown his picture and says that it's not him. Maybe it was just a bad picture.

And this as the answer to the sweat...three feet of separation...

edit on 10/25/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 05:24 AM
Looks like the governor of Illinois is in too on the expanded quarantine procedures.

Quinn orders mandatory quarantine for those who touched Ebola patients

CHICAGO -- The Illinois Department of Public Health has announced a 21-day mandatory quarantine for those who've had direct contact with West Africa Ebola patients.
Illinois' action on Friday follows that of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo. The two issued a mandatory quarantine for travelers after a physician who returned to New York City a week ago from treating Ebola patients in Guinea fell ill with the virus. Dr. Craig Spencer rode the subway, took a cab, went bowling, visited a coffee shop and ate at a restaurant in the city after returning home.
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn says the order is a "common sense step" to ensure residents will be protected from potential exposure to the virus.
The order will be implemented by local health departments across the state. Previously, these high-risk individuals were subject to a voluntary quarantine.
No Ebola cases have been reported in Illinois.

Reportedly, the CDC is not happy about these states taking proactive steps. Go figure, eh?

ETA: Ebola Quarantines Seen as Barrier to Volunteers

All I have to say about this is...if they can spare three weeks to help Africans, they can spare another three weeks to help people in their own country stay safe. And maybe there's something they can do while in quarantine that can still be beneficial. Like publish their experiences or advise via Skype.
edit on 10/25/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 05:28 AM
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Love that hearing, not a single straight answer..

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 05:38 AM

originally posted by: Azdraik
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Love that hearing, not a single straight answer..

I particularly enjoyed the "I'm not a doctor" routine and then the switch to the doctor who did the same thing pretty much.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:28 AM
CNN- Update

The woman healthcare worker in NJ who just returned from West Africa has tested negative but is being held in quarantine

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:28 AM
Double post
edit on 25-10-2014 by whoreallyknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:30 AM
a reply to: whoreallyknows
Might be too early for the test. The quarantine doesn't really depend on test results, right?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:36 AM
Ebola NY Times summary with graph

Here is a good article with timelines and graphs of all the Ebola patients who are treated outside West Africa.

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>