It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola patient is in NY

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I wonder if they will even be honest regarding the situation in NY considering it is only 5 weeks away from Thanksgiving.

Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, followed by Black Friday sales, brings a ton of revenue into the big apple and I doubt Cuomo and his buddies will allow a little ebola to cut into those profits.

So I honestly don't think they will be honest if this doctor spread it to anyone.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: lynn112

hmmm....a scenario much like every b horror movie and jaws movie made to date where the plot relies on the authorities, who have an inherent conflict of interest, being unable to make the right call for the populace.

could...
get...
ugly...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Just a question - has anyone heard from our ebola czar in the past couple of days?

edit on 24-10-2014 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Maluhia

As I recall he wasn't even in on the love-fest last night during the press conference.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
getting ready to sign off here .. but .. listening to this guy ....

but..if somoene touches a surface and they have the virus .. can somone else be infrected ??

www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Valhall

Ahh yes...probably because it was in NYC!!!...hahaha. What a joke these guys are.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Valhall
a reply to: Maluhia

As I recall he wasn't even in on the love-fest last night during the press conference.

his bowels have been depopulated by an unidentified virus...

edit on 24-10-2014 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

In answer to your question, and with the response taken as a quote from the very article you linked...

MSF says that while the virus is believed to be able to survive for some days in liquid outside an infected organism, chlorine disinfection, heat, direct sunlight, soaps and detergents can kill it.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Oh, Komodo, look at this:

"People who become sick with it almost always know how they got sick: because they looked after someone in their family who was very sick -- who had diarrhea, vomiting and bleeding -- or because they were health staff who had a lot of contact with a sick patient," she said.

Please note that she is referring to ANYBODY...like back-bush African villagers who are caring for their dying relatives...KNOW, but we're supposed to give DOCTOR Spencer a pass that he just assumed it was jet-lag....

not.
edit on 10-24-2014 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Not sure why but, the statement that it can live for some days in liquid is concerning. I have no idea what kind of liquid it would/could be found in but, that is a peculiar statement to me.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Didn't attend the other two meetings either.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

This is from NPR: How Do You Catch Ebola: By Air, Sweat Or Water?

How long can Ebola virus particles survive in a drop of blood on a surface outside the body?
A drop of blood can remain contagious outside the body. And virus particles can survive for days or weeks, depending on the environment. Ultraviolet light, heat and exposure to oxygen gradually deactivate the virus, while cooler temperatures and humidity help keep it active.
"Blood, once it's outside the body, contains all the virus it's ever going to contain," Schmaljohn adds. "It's all downhill from there [for Ebola]."So yes, there's a risk you can catch Ebola from a drop of blood on a table. But that risk diminishes over time as the blood dries up.

Source: NPR

Can Ebola be spread through a drop of water or carried through the water system?
"[The virus] will not remain for a long time in the water," Gonzalez says. "It's not a very rich medium to protect the virus."

It's important, he adds, to remember that viruses aren't as resistant outside the body as bacteria are. Rather, they depend heavily on the cells of their host — animal or human — for survival.In water, the Ebola virus would be deactivated in a matter of minutes, Schmaljohn says. That's because each Ebola virus is encased in an envelope taken from the outer surface, or membrane, of a host cell.

So what about cells in water that are infected with Ebola? Could you get the virus from infected cells in contaminated water?

Infected cells don't live long inside a liquid that doesn't have the same salt concentration as in our bodily fluids.

Drinking water has a lower salt concentration than that found inside human cells. As water rushes inside the cell to balance the salt concentration, pressure builds ups. Eventually the cell bursts, killing the virus in the process.

Source

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet
Maybe that's how he works, behind the scenes, everywhere and nowhere, his fingers in every pie.
I picture him as an invisible seamstress, sewing an invisible frock for the Emperor's New Clothes.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

Exactly...with ginormous, ever-increasing brown track-marks down the backside....yeah, yeah, that's the $***-ticket!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
You've highlighted something that is important and should be pondered.
I'll take a stab at it. In the Bush, people probably don't have time or energy to be narcissistic. They're tending to the sick, right to the end. They don't heal and run back to an Upper East Side apartment. (Oh, shut up, Drwill, that's mean; you don't know Dr. Ebola from Shinola.) I know, I know. But I rest my case. Narcissism is a disease that afflicts many a doctor. In this case, it probably won't be fatal to him, but the results aren't in for the people he may have exposed.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

Unrequited narcissism rarely afflicts the narcissistic. It's usually those around the narcissistic who get 7 years of bad luck when the looking glass gets shattered.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
You have made me smile and laugh all day!
My comment will probably get deleted 'cause it's off topic and only one sentence, so I'll keep writing a bit. Lord, I needed to laugh after this wild week. Thank you!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
It's enough to make you wonder about karma!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: RunForTheHills

originally posted by: MissBeck

originally posted by: RunForTheHills
CRAP! Daycare just called, I have to go get my 3 year old grandson, he is sick, running a fever, throwing up and has diarrhea!
Glad I have not been to Africa!

Be back soon and thanks for all the great finds and coverage everyone has done to keep us up to date on what is really happening!!! Be back shortly.

You're back!
How is your grandson? My jaw sort of dropped when I read your post, seeing what the subject of the thread is.

I am back, he is sick but nothing a little sprite couldn;t help. I am sure it just a virus that little ones always seem to pick up this time of the year. Thanks for asking, he is watching cartoons and sipping sprite out of his sippy cup. His momma, who is doing her RN clinicals at the hospital today just called too to check on him.

It sounds like he's doing better. I don't like to see children get sick, it's so sad!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Valhall
Meanwhile, the World Health Organization wasn't given the Obama administration's talking points about how you can't get ebola by riding a bus. They now state the Mali ebola patient potentially infected many people because he rode a bus while symptomatic.

They are all starting to trip over themselves on this one.

www.reuters.com...

The World Health Organization said on Friday the first confirmed Ebola patient in Mali had travelled by bus through the country while showing symptoms and there had been multiple opportunities for exposure involving many people.

Um........so are they saying because Dr. Spencer rode in a Uber cab - not to mention a few subway cars - that no one could possibly have caught this from him? Even though he was symptomatic?

Ebola doesn't care about the mode of transportation one uses. It discriminates against no one.

The gov't is grasping at straws.

I've been offline most of the day and am still getting caught up with just this thread.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join