It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola patient is in NY

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: seentoomuch

The news reports originally said that he went to the hospital two days before, but was sent home without treatment.... just like Duncan.
if that report was correct, he was feeling more than jet lag, IMO.

Not really, jet lag has always been very hard on me, very fatigued, weak, sluggish, achy. I bet the hospital told him that was all it was, though as a doctor he should've ignored them being as he saw all the Ebola patients first hand and knew what it could be. Imho all HCWs should be quarantined when they return home along with all travelers from those countries to guarantee their true condition. No more ER mix ups, please!

STM

i agree but only disagree with where the quarantine should be located at ..

quarantines need to be at the place of origin..meaning .. all HCW's remotely acquainted with working with a doctor or patient needs to be Quartered down and gone through a complete series of decons....

...only issue is.. how can they not be contaminated again now ??

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I would find it odd that a medical doctor went to the ER to be seen for jet lag.
I just think his case is too similar to Duncans, stranger yet since he is a doctor.
I agree on the quarantine. Good move by NY and NJ.

If he went to the ER it was probably that he was worried it was Ebola. THEY, the ER Docs probably convinced him it was just jet lag. In other words, he was blown off.

STM

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
just saw this on google searching Ebloa

www.cnn.com...

The incubation period, or the time interval from infection to onset of symptoms, is from 2 to 21 days. The patients become contagious once they begin to show symptoms. They are not contagious during the incubation period.

www.who.int...
edit on 24-10-2014 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2014 by Komodo because: becuse I must

edit on 24-10-2014 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I find that really hard to believe. An established doctor at that. He knew he didnt have jet lag... he knows that if he had "jet lag" and went to the Emergency Room- being an emergency physician himself, i believe- that there was nothing that really could have been done for him.

That said, i dont know that i've heard mention of this initial visit to the ER since the very early reports. Initially it was just a comment from Gupta was it not? Has anyone heard or read anywhere to back it up that he did indeed try and go 2 days before?

I would think that would be a tid bit of information they probably wouldnt want getting out. Its bad enough we did it in Dallas... to think we have done it twice should be a real embarrassment.

Somehow i dont think we will hear anymore else about that, just like the 103F fever he allegedly had... before it being downgraded to a 100.3.

Going to the ER 2 days before would definitatly make sense as to why the other 2 people are in isolation. I quoted an article, i believe on this thread, stating that they were quarantining his "close contacts" for 2 days prior to his hospitalization. He was showing symptoms. At this point i think they are probably just praying to whatever deity they hold allegiance to... hoping this doesnt blow up in their face.

ETA: Yea here we go Link

Its just a tiny little blurp within the article but definitely stuck out to me

It was soon clear that health authorities were worried, as word emerged that they were isolating not just Spencer’s fiancée but also two friends who had been with him in the two days before he arrived at the hospital.

edit on 423152507pm31America/Chicagov by itswhatev because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

He probably rationalized it as jet lag which feels similar to the flu. 

The news reports originally said that he went to the hospital two days before, but was sent home without treatment.... just like Duncan.

I'm not certain the news reported it. Sanjay Gupta allegedly said it, in what most inferred was an offhand joking manner. I believe that was discussed early on in this thread. If you saw where they actually reported this, please link us. Or give a time/day/source. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

The whole smoke and mirrors trick with the government's subjective (and prejudicial) grading of who is deemed "high risk" is exactly what you touch on:

1. This dude was high risk, right? He treated ebola patients.
2. So, applying that logic even-handedly would mean...every one treating him is high-risk, so they need to be quarantined, right?

So what is the undefined parameters being analyzed that deems one person high risk versus another one? Is it that they just came from a African country or is it that they came from an African country BECAUSE that, therefore, means they were in close proximity to an ebola patient? Is it both or just the close proximity? Does a zip code with close proximity make you MORE of a high risk? Or is it just being real darned close to an ebola-infected person? If it's just proximity, and not zip code, doesn't this automatically mean that we now have ALL healthcare workers attending to this doctor quarantined? And, since we've been told repeatedly by multiple CDC people that it takes "more than a small village" to care for an ebola patient around the clock that would mean we have multiple shifts of various healthcare workers at Bethesda - as well as EMT's on the ambulance, and possibly LE officers....in quarantine, right?

NO, not until I see proof of the above will I take ANY "marking territory" bravado statements by Cuomo or Christie serious. NO NO NO.
edit on 10-24-2014 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo

Not really, jet lag has always been very hard on me, very fatigued, weak, sluggish, achy. I bet the hospital told him that was all it was, though as a doctor he should've ignored them being as he saw all the Ebola patients first hand and knew what it could be. Imho all HCWs should be quarantined when they return home along with all travelers from those countries to guarantee their true condition. No more ER mix ups, please!

STM

quarantines need to be at the place of origin..meaning .. all HCW's remotely acquainted with working with a doctor or patient needs to be Quartered down and gone through a complete series of decons....

A new form of Ellis Island? A dormitory style quarantine location? Separate rooms. And since Ebola doesn't like dry heat how 'bout Death Valley as the location or out in the boonies in Arizona? No subways, restaurants, bowling alleys, etc...

STM
edit on 24-10-2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I didn't see it anywhere in the news either, I was the one who heard Gupta say it on CNN on Cooper, leading into the conference. And I stand by it most definitely not being in a joking manner, offhand yes.

He had already been talking for like 30 seconds off the script. It was as if he didn't realize what he said until he said it and the others knew it shouldn't be addressed.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
And Hello Nurse!

Literally...

7online.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Valhall
a reply to: Komodo

The whole smoke and mirrors trick with the government's subjective (and prejudicial) grading of who is deemed "high risk" is exactly what you touch on:

1. This dude was high risk, right? He treated ebola patients.
2. So, applying that logic even-handedly would mean...every one treating him is high-risk, so they need to be quarantined, right?

So what is the undefined parameters being analyzed that deems one person high risk versus another one? Is it that they just came from a African country or is it that they came from an African country BECAUSE that, therefore, means they were in close proximity to an ebola patient? Is it both or just the close proximity? Does a zip code with close proximity make you MORE of a high risk? Or is it just being real darned close to an ebola-infected person? If it's just proximity, and not zip code, doesn't this automatically mean that we now have ALL healthcare workers attending to this doctor quarantined? And, since we've been told repeatedly by multiple CDC people that it takes "more than a small village" to care for an ebola patient around the clock that would mean we have multiple shifts of various healthcare workers at Bethesda - as well as EMT's on the ambulance, and possibly LE officers....in quarantine, right?

NO, not until I see proof of the above will I take ANY "marking territory" bravado statements by Cuomo or Christie serious. NO NO NO.

yea...

i can't aggre with you more .. !!! I'm getting the feeling of either staying in my car or getting a full set of MOP gear.. including a gas mask ...!!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: RunForTheHills

a reply to: TWILITE22

. I just don't know what.

Could it be that....
You, like most of us, probably don't like the taste of the B.S. that the authorities are trying to feed us?

I think they have fed us so much BS that we are starting to show the same symptoms as Ebola.
We hear one thing from one source and another tidbit of information from another then we hear something totally different from another source! I'm beginning to think this is all intentional.

I found this the other day just by chance by DoD News Briefing: Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen from 1997

The same thing is true about just the false scare of a threat of using some kind of a chemical weapon or a biological one. There are some reports, for example, that some countries have been trying to construct something like an Ebola Virus, and that would be a very dangerous phenomenon, to say the least. Alvin Toeffler has written about this in terms of some scientists in their laboratories trying to devise certain types of pathogens that would be ethnic specific so that they could just eliminate certain ethnic groups and races; and others are designing some sort of engineering, some sort of insects that can destroy specific crops. Others are engaging even in an eco- type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves.

linkjust type the name into search it's the first one. I posted this in another thread but no one said a word about it, I was shocked when I read it.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo

STM

A new form of Ellis Island? A dormitory style quarantine location? Separate rooms. And since Ebola doesn't like dry heat how 'bout Death Valley as the location? No subways, restaurants, bowling alleys, etc...

STM

yea...

ugh .. the amount of logisics just to make that happen is daunting !!!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

And Hello Nurse!

Literally...

7online.com...

ok .. what about this....quarntine EVERYONE on the FLIGHT... !!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Valhall
I guess we ATSers could have predicted this. The moment action is taken, some folks are relieved and others are indignant. I just heard Dr. Yasmin give an emotional account of her friend being detained--Yasmin Tweeted about it, too, and claimed that the nurse was being held against her will. Not three minutes later, Anderson Cooper announced that the friend has an elevated temp.

edit on 24-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

Yasmin Tweeted about it, too, and claimed that the nurse was being held against her will

if it means me to be held against my will .. to save mankind ..

SO BE IT>>> and do it NOW!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

And Hello Nurse!

Literally...

7online.com...

Another Nurse coming returning from Africa. they seem to be coming in faster and faster!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

edit on 24-10-2014 by RunForTheHills because: none

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

Count me as indignant. Or whatever word best describes the feeling when you are overwhelmed with a gut-feeling that the statements being made PUBLICLY are not being applied as stated PRACTICALLY. You know damned well they aren't quarantining any wealthy doctors in Bethesda. It's BS.

And if you're just a little CNA (certified nursing assistant slash orderly) forget it. You'll be the poster child for the steps being taken, but not the M.D.'s and D.O.'s.

It's booosheet

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RunForTheHills

Maybe they are offering holiday return incentive bonuses???

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Valhall

lol, I think I am literally brain dead now. I think I will call it a night and try to see if I can recharge my brain.

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join