It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola patient is in NY

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet
I agree! I never bought the CDC's argument that a ban wouldn't stop Liberian Nationals and others from affected regions from slipping through "porous" borders. Who's to say that they aren't already slip sliding away? They're facing intense scrutiny before they leave their countries of origin...why not skip it? I'd say many are already doing just that if they have the means and opportunity.

In one article, I read that Doctors Without Borders wasn't keen on the mandatory quarantine. Can't find the link right now. Here's a similar one.

"A three-week complete quarantine would eliminate two-thirds to three-quarters of the volunteers from the U.S." going to West Africa, said Dr. Rick Sacra, a Massachusetts physician who was recently infected in Liberia but recovered. "They wouldn't be able to spare the time."

I would love to know what went on behind the scenes between NY, NJ, and the WH--and the czar Wizard of Ebola. Did they all agree? Was it a cat fight? Or was it a fait accompli? I wonder if they will push for a total travel ban?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

He probably rationalized it as jet lag which feels similar to the flu. 

The news reports originally said that he went to the hospital two days before, but was sent home without treatment.... just like Duncan.
if that report was correct, he was feeling more than jet lag, IMO.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Right, I mentioned that because that's a big question for me. Are the rotations for the doctors something like 3 weeks in-country and then rotate out? It may be and, if so, would answer it. Otherwise, that's a very short amount of time unless this organization has so much money they can afford those type of travel frequencies.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

originally posted by: nukedog

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: Anyafaj
I believe she's offered to but as of last week was not a match for anyone.

That and I'm not sure whether she got a transfusion herself or not either (losing track). I'm thinking not.

It would seem she DID get two transfusions, but NOT survivor transfusion, just regular blood transfusions. (Probably to replace blood she was losing.) She has offered to donate blood, but has yet to match a blood type with an Ebola victim, thus far. (I did a bing search "Did Nancy Writebol donate blood".)

An interview with Nancy Writebol and Science Magazine.org

Plasma is pretty much universal and wouldn't that work as well? That seems dumb

Bragging rights, as much as I got a 4.0 in Biology and a 4.0 in blood labs, we're talking 1990 and my brain is half fried now. I'd have to have a biology book on me, reread it, retake the tests just to even remember if plasma works the same. I have severe memory issues now. Some days I'm lucky if I remember my name. I have my daughter convinced that this is why adults carry a license with photos on it, so when we forget our name, we look at our picture, see the name underneath it and go, "Oh yeah! That's who we are!" Then I was top ten of my class. Now, I can't get past 8th grade math. What happened to me????

I'm no DR but it could it be an overload or too much input and our circuit board is starting to fry. I have so much crammed in my head now that I can't get it out without a big jumbo mess of blah blah blah! I think
Komodo has a great idea. Maybe he/she will start a thread and just the facts can be listed and maybe that will give us a better idea but wow, all of the facts to go through with all of the ebola threads will be enough to blow a circuit for sure!
edit on 24-10-2014 by RunForTheHills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: RunForTheHills

We did cover this in another thread. Typing is necessary in plasma donation.
As the blood cells are separated, a donor can give plasma 2x per week with one separation day for rest.

ETA: Sorry, but I don't recall which thread.... I have a little brain fry going on here too.
edit on b000000312014-10-24T18:41:38-05:0006America/ChicagoFri, 24 Oct 2014 18:41:38 -0500600000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I am just absolutely disgusted.

I remember six or eight weeks ago when it was first diagnosed in Nigeria that they were all like - "This is a worst case scenario, it is now in a major population center!"

But let it come to New York, a month after Duncan, no flights stopped, two health care workers infected and it's like - "Oh, no worries, we got this."

This is simply surreal.

I'm sick of the hocus pocus reports of infections, changing data on: contagiousness, infectiousness, when someone is symptomatic, convenient CDC protocol recommendations, accusations of fear-mongering, magically healed patients a week later - and MOST OF ALL - information management instead of crisis management.

Now the health department in NY is admitting he took 2 subway trains to get to the bowling alley AND went to the restaurant. Glad he had a wonderful time! And after two MSN reported he threw up, now the Health department is saying he never once threw up or had diarrhea. Considering I don't trust them for crap, I'm inclined to believe he did get sick to his stomach, at least once. They're claiming he ONLY came in contact with two friends, and his fiancé. So let's me get this straight, the bowling alley and the restaurant were abandoned and it was only them there? As well as the two subways? So who played conductor? The girlfriend?

I can't help but think that something is very off or wrong about this whole thing, not just the N.Y doctor all of them... I just don't know what.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Valhall
a reply to: Bicent76

I think you read something into the questions I asked....like emotion for instance. Seriously, I'm not trolling you and I don't have any emotion toward you. The position I'm coming from with this guy is that he is NOT a lay-person. He's not even a lower-level nurse/nurse-assistant/orderly. He is a doctor who has allegedly been out of country in the hot zone treating ebola-infected patients, some of whom most likely died under his care. (I say most likely because I'm reading he was actually only out of country for 30 days or less and that raises questions about just how damned much doctoring this dude got in before he skidaddled back).

NONETHELESS, he is a physician. He has knowledge of the disease...not make believe misinformation disseminated by media, but actual working knowledge. So "fatigue" and "feeling off" doesn't get to get wrote off to he ASSUMED jet lag. I'm sorry but this guy gets no mulligans, no passes. He's a doctor.

He went to public places, used mass transit, and apparently smooched around on his fiancee, knowing he didn't feel right. So why would we assume he wouldn't do these things when he is potentially showing symptoms? He did! And no bullet has been dodged yet. None. The girlfriend is at high probability of becoming deathly ill and potential others.

So, no, I was not trying to troll you. I was trying to get you to offer to me what reasoning you based your statements on because from where I'm reasoning, they don't seem logical. That's not an attack or an emotional statement, it's me sharing my perspective with you.

definately approve of this message ..

Star!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TWILITE22

. I just don't know what.

Could it be that....
You, like most of us, probably don't like the taste of the B.S. that the authorities are trying to feed us?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: TWILITE22

. I just don't know what.

Could it be that....
You, like most of us, probably don't like the taste of the B.S. that the authorities are trying to feed us?

I think they have fed us so much BS that we are starting to show the same symptoms as Ebola.
We hear one thing from one source and another tidbit of information from another then we hear something totally different from another source! I'm beginning to think this is all intentional.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
So true!
It's encouraging that the BS from the CDC has all but stopped, now that Dr. Frieden has been muzzled. Since the NY case, we're seeing new characters, Cuomo and Christie, and I get the feeling (what do I know?) that they aren't going to let Ebola take hold in their states, not without a fight. For all I know, the Ebola Czar could be spinning this. As long as it protects the people, it's fine by me.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

They both have White House aspirations...no, they don't want explosive diarrhea to be their down-fall. That, and Cuomo is a big phat nanny-man. Christie...he's just a big fat bully.
edit on 10-24-2014 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
So, I rode the subway today and the volume of people definitely seemed lighter than normal (same for streets of lower Manhattan), but it is Friday and I don't normally pay such close attention - so for what it's worth. No masks or gloves that I noticed. Just the usual sleepy, resigned New Yorkers.

Much of the talk around the office was ..."he's smart, he's a doctor...he would have been more cautious if he knew he was sick"....conclusion (or better yet, what they want to believe): he couldn't have been sick/infectious when he was traipsing around the city - So we must be safe!

Most of us probably are for now, but what about the people he did come in contact with...waiters, bartenders etc. I'm not so worried about the subway...pretty sure there are germs on there that could KILL ebola.

I guess we'll know within 21 days or so.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
so ....

does the doctor have it ...

or not...?

is this due to lack of information or me just not reading enough ?? ? if he does have it ..

we have a problem

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

Yeah, you missed something...he has it.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RunForTheHills

originally posted by: nukedog

a reply to: Anyafaj
I believe she's offered to but as of last week was not a match for anyone.

That and I'm not sure whether she got a transfusion herself or not either (losing track). I'm thinking not.

It would seem she DID get two transfusions, but NOT survivor transfusion, just regular blood transfusions. (Probably to replace blood she was losing.) She has offered to donate blood, but has yet to match a blood type with an Ebola victim, thus far. (I did a bing search "Did Nancy Writebol donate blood".)

An interview with Nancy Writebol and Science Magazine.org

Plasma is pretty much universal and wouldn't that work as well? That seems dumb

Bragging rights, as much as I got a 4.0 in Biology and a 4.0 in blood labs, we're talking 1990 and my brain is half fried now. I'd have to have a biology book on me, reread it, retake the tests just to even remember if plasma works the same. I have severe memory issues now. Some days I'm lucky if I remember my name. I have my daughter convinced that this is why adults carry a license with photos on it, so when we forget our name, we look at our picture, see the name underneath it and go, "Oh yeah! That's who we are!" Then I was top ten of my class. Now, I can't get past 8th grade math. What happened to me????

I'm no DR but it could it be an overload or too much input and our circuit board is starting to fry. I have so much crammed in my head now that I can't get it out without a big jumbo mess of blah blah blah! I think
Komodo has a great idea. Maybe he/she will start a thread and just the facts can be listed and maybe that will give us a better idea but wow, all of the facts to go through with all of the ebola threads will be enough to blow a circuit for sure!

I'll be the first I'm a massive facts junkie. My very first book I ever received when I was 3, no lie, was a dictionary. When I was 5, I received the entire Encyclopedia Britannica. My father used to make me find a new word in the dictionary, and use it in a sentence 10 times a day. No wonder I was teased in school. What did I expect asking my Kindergarten teacher if she wanted us to take the "initiative"? LOL I'm a self admitted Nerd/Geek. One thing I made sure of was to pass my love of reading to my daughter. I found today she's doing really well reading on a 8th grade level, but when they tried a 9th grade level she struggled really hard and gave up. (She's 19, autistic and missing part of her brain that connects the left half to the right half. So instead of one brain, technically she has two free floating brains. A right brain and a left.)

I'll admit I've been reading quite a few of the ebola threads. When I first saw the movie Contagion years ago, Ebola was my first thought, in airborne form. How possibly prophetic now, right? Especially with some scientists saying the cold winter can possibly make this virus airborne, and they suspect that's what made Reston Airborne and killed he monkeys in the lab. They suspect it never went airborne in Africa because it's not cold enough there, but it will be here soon enough. If their hypothesis is correct, a very scary though indeed.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Valhall

Yeah, you missed something...he has it.

.....................not sure what to say ...expect...i'm going to be parked on this thread and in starbucks for a good long while ...and praying..

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

The news reports originally said that he went to the hospital two days before, but was sent home without treatment.... just like Duncan.

Not really, jet lag has always been very hard on me, very fatigued, weak, sluggish, achy. I bet the hospital told him that was all it was, though as a doctor he should've ignored them being as he saw all the Ebola patients first hand and knew what it could be. Imho all HCWs should be quarantined when they return home along with all travelers from those countries to guarantee their true condition. No more ER mix ups, please!

STM
edit on 24-10-2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

It's difficult times...well, at least interesting, disturbing and risky. Difficult started about 2001, it's kind of gone downhill since then.

I think I might have gotten jaded somewhere back there.

*looks around introspectively*

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch

Not really, jet lag has always been very hard on me, very fatigued, weak, sluggish, achy. I bet the hospital told him that was all it was, though as a doctor he should've ignored them being as he saw all the Ebola patients first hand and knew what it could be. Imho all HCWs should be quarantined when they return home along with all travelers from those countries to guarantee their true condition. No more ER mix ups, please!

STM

Yes. They just passed a law for that today. So you're right on track. The quarantining starts on Monday. This is from a post from the previous page (pg35).

Latest from NYTimes

Friday Updates on New York's First Ebola Case

New York and New Jersey Tighten Ebola Screenings at Airports

Feeling Ebola Anxiety, From Bellvue to Brooklyn

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I would find it odd that a medical doctor went to the ER to be seen for jet lag.
I just think his case is too similar to Duncans, stranger yet since he is a doctor.
I agree on the quarantine. Good move by NY and NJ.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join